|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Ethan hide outside the church when waiting for Mattie?
(a) He is waiting to see if she is going to ride home with her friends.
(b) He is waiting to see if she will accept Eady's marriage proposal.
(c) He is afraid to enter the church because he does not know anyone.
(d) He does not know where Mattie is.
2. As Ethan walks through the trees he passes _______________________________.
(a) Zeena and Michael Eady kissing.
(b) Denis and Mattie Silver kissing.
(c) Ruth Varnum and Ned Hale kissing.
(d) Ned Hale and Mattie Silver kissing.
3. Ethan cannot buy glue from Michael Eady's store because _______________________________.
(a) Denis cannot find it.
(b) Denis refuses to sell it to him.
(c) Eady's wife would report it to Zeena.
(d) Eady's store is not open.
4. Ethan immediately regrets telling Zeena he will get money from Mr. Hale because ________________________________________.
(a) Zeena will demand cash as soon as she arrives home.
(b) Zeena will want to spend it on herself in town.
(c) Zeena will want to spend it on whatever the doctor recommends.
(d) Zeena will want to use the cash to pay Mattie.
5. The Fromes take Mattie into their home because ____________________________________.
(a) Zeena's doctor has recommended she get help with the housework.
(b) Zeena feels compassion for Mattie's position.
(c) Ethan insists they help Mattie.
(d) Zeena refuses to do housework now that she is married.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who visited Mattie while Ethan was away during the day?
2. Secretly, Ethan wanted to put off his trip into town because it meant _________________________________.
3. When Ethan and Mattie arrive at home, they cannot find _______________________.
4. Most of their quiet or intimate moments are interrupted by _____________________.
5. Ethan dreads Zeena's trips to the doctor because _____________________________.
This section contains 362 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)