|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Ethan and Mattie do not go sledding that evening because ___________________________.
(a) Ethan forgot their plans to go sledding.
(b) Mattie forgot their plans to go sledding.
(c) It is too dark outside.
(d) It is too cold outside.
2. Ethan resists following his wife upstairs because __________________________________________.
(a) He does not want Mattie to be left downstairs alone.
(b) He does not want Mattie to watch them go up to bed together.
(c) He does not want Mattie to see him show kindness to Zeena.
(d) He does not want to give in to Zeena's demands.
3. Ethan feels too constrained to try to touch Mattie inside the house because ____________________________________________.
(a) The house seems to store up guilt and confessions.
(b) The house reminds him of his wedding day.
(c) The house has too many implications of order and conformity.
(d) The house has too many happy memories of Zeena.
4. Mattie worries that Zeena ______________________________.
(a) Is jealous of Mattie's affair with Ethan.
(b) Is jealous of Mattie's money.
(c) Is not satisfied with Ethan's farming abilities.
(d) Is not satisfied with her work.
5. Ethan senses something went wrong with Zeena because _______________________________.
(a) Mattie refuses to cook dinner.
(b) Zeena demands that Mattie serve her dinner in her bed.
(c) Jotham Powell refuses to stay for dinner.
(d) Zeena refuses to allow Jotham Powell at dinner.
Short Answer Questions
1. Ethan asks Mattie to sit in Zeena's chair because _____________________________.
2. The day's bad weather foreshadows _________________________.
3. Which of her partners offers Mattie a ride home?
4. Ethan and Jotham put off their trip into town because ________________________.
5. Mattie quickly moves from Zeena's chair as if ____________________________________.
This section contains 359 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)