|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In his hurry to get be in the house with Mattie, Ethan neglects ________________________________.
(a) Caring for his horses.
(b) His own health.
(c) To deliver the lumber.
(d) Caring for Zeena.
2. Lying in bed the previous night, Ethan regretted __________________________.
(a) Not leaving Zeena long ago.
(b) Getting caught holding Mattie when Zeena opened the door.
(c) Not kissing Mattie.
(d) Kissing Mattie.
3. Zeena asks Ethan if Jotham Powell can _________________________.
(a) Bring the lumber to Mr. Hale.
(b) Drive her to the train station.
(c) Drive her to Michael Eady's store.
(d) Accompany her to the doctor's office.
4. Zeena is described as an old woman, although she is ____________________________.
(a) Only twenty-five years old.
(b) Only thirty-five years old.
(c) Only twenty-seven years old.
(d) Only twenty-eight years old.
5. Wharton describes Ethan's mood as ________________________.
(a) Irrationally happy.
(b) Irrationally fearful.
(c) Cautiously optimistic.
(d) Hesitantly happy.
Short Answer Questions
1. Wharton compares the darkened farmhouses to ________________.
2. The Fromes take Mattie into their home because ____________________________________.
3. When Ethan returned to Starkfield, he missed ____________________________.
4. While they walk home, Ethan expresses his concern that Mattie will __________________________.
5. What gives Ethan's kitchen a "homelike look?"
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)