|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Wharton compares Mattie's hair to "a drift of mist on the moon," which suggests ___________________________.
(a) Fear and doom.
(b) Fantasy and impermanence.
(c) Logic and reality.
(d) Ugliness and coarseness.
2. When Zeena arrives home, she ______________________________.
(a) Demands that Mattie make dinner immediately.
(b) Leaves again to visit the town doctor.
(c) Goes right to her room without saying anything.
(d) Tells Mattie she has hired a new girl.
3. Ethan claims that Mattie did not see him outside the church because _____________________________________.
(a) She was too busy talking to her friends.
(b) She did not expect him to show up.
(c) She was not looking for him.
(d) She went back inside to dance with Denis Eady.
4. Zeena may have become sickly because ______________________________.
(a) She refused to take medications.
(b) Ethan would not permit her to leave the farm.
(c) She became obsessed with her own symptoms.
(d) Ethan forced her to work outside on the farm.
5. Which of her partners offers Mattie a ride home?
(a) Andrew Hale.
(b) Denis Eady.
(c) Jothan Powell.
(d) Lawyer Varnum.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Ethan's horse?
2. As Ethan walks through the trees he passes _______________________________.
3. Zeena's family gave Mattie ____________________________.
4. While Ethan warms himself by the stove, Mattie _______________________.
5. Wharton compares the chill in the Frome's kitchen to ______________________________.
This section contains 308 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)