|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Ethan intends to hurry home for dinner so that __________________________________-.
(a) He can serve Mattie instead of having her serve him.
(b) He can avoid seeing Zeena in town.
(c) He can enjoy his last moments alone with Mattie before Zeena arrives.
(d) He can send Jotham can go home early.
2. Ethan knows Zeena has made plans because _____________________________________.
(a) She is dressed in traveling clothes.
(b) She has ordered a taxi to take her to town.
(c) She is still in bed when he gets home.
(d) She is wearing her pajamas.
3. What gives Ethan a sense of mastery at the end of the chapter?
(a) Knowing he had deceived Zeena.
(b) Quelling Mattie's fears over the broken pickle dish.
(c) Building a fire and cleaning up the house.
(d) Giving Mattie orders.
4. Which of her partners offers Mattie a ride home?
(a) Lawyer Varnum.
(b) Jothan Powell.
(c) Denis Eady.
(d) Andrew Hale.
5. Ethan claims sledding is dangerous on a night like this one because ___________________________________.
(a) It is so dark that they might not find their way home.
(b) It is bad luck to sled when there is no moon outside.
(c) It is so cold that he would not be able to steer the sled.
(d) It is so dark that they might hit the elm tree.
Short Answer Questions
1. Ethan is initially drawn to Zeena because __________________________________.
2. At the end of the chapter, Ethan's last thoughts are about _____________________________.
3. How does Ethan solve the glue problem?
4. Ethan and Mattie do not go sledding that evening because ___________________________.
5. Who almost runs into the elm when sledding?
This section contains 361 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)