|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Ethan senses something went wrong with Zeena because _______________________________.
(a) Jotham Powell refuses to stay for dinner.
(b) Mattie refuses to cook dinner.
(c) Zeena refuses to allow Jotham Powell at dinner.
(d) Zeena demands that Mattie serve her dinner in her bed.
2. When Ethan asks Andrew Hale for money, __________________________________________.
(a) Hale guesses that Ethan has lied to Zeena about money.
(b) Hale gets angry and asks Ethan to leave.
(c) Hale claims money is too tight for him at the moment.
(d) Hale suggests that Ethan work for him.
3. How has Mattie changed her appearance for Ethan?
(a) She has tied a red ribbon in her hair.
(b) She has worn her best dress.
(c) She has worn a bonnet on her head.
(d) She has borrowed on of Zeena's dresses.
4. How is the pickle dish broken?
(a) The cat knocks it off the table.
(b) The dog knocks it off the table.
(c) Mattie knocks it off the table.
(d) Ethan knocks it off the table.
5. Who almost runs into the elm when sledding?
(a) Zeena and Ethan Frome.
(b) Mattie Silver and Denis Eady.
(c) Mr. and Mrs. Andrew Hale.
(d) Ned Hale and Ruth Varnum.
Short Answer Questions
1. Wharton compares Mattie's hair to "a drift of mist on the moon," which suggests ___________________________.
2. With Mattie, Ethan feels ____________________.
3. Ethan asks Mattie to sit in Zeena's chair because _____________________________.
4. Zeena may have become sickly because ______________________________.
5. Zeena finally stopped criticizing Mattie when __________________________________.
This section contains 332 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)