|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Mattie quickly moves from Zeena's chair as if ____________________________________.
(a) She can not stand the scrutiny of Ethan's gaze.
(b) She does not want to fill Zeena's place in Ethan's life.
(c) She feels a sense of Zeena's presence there.
(d) Feels guilty over her affair with Ethan.
2. Ethan senses something went wrong with Zeena because _______________________________.
(a) Zeena refuses to allow Jotham Powell at dinner.
(b) Mattie refuses to cook dinner.
(c) Jotham Powell refuses to stay for dinner.
(d) Zeena demands that Mattie serve her dinner in her bed.
3. What spark in Ethan had not been completely extinguished by the Starkfield winters?
(a) A spark of sociability.
(b) A spark of life.
(c) A spark of curiosity.
(d) A spark of industry.
4. Secretly, Ethan wanted to put off his trip into town because it meant _________________________________.
(a) He could send Jotham to pick up Zeena from the Flats.
(b) He could go home and spend the day with Mattie.
(c) He could speak to Andrew Hale about money again.
(d) He could help Mattie clean up the breakfast dishes.
5. What word best describes the mood of the scene between Ethan and Mattie?
Short Answer Questions
1. When Ethan and Mattie arrive at home, they cannot find _______________________.
2. Ethan intends to hurry home for dinner so that __________________________________-.
3. Zeena may have become sickly because ______________________________.
4. Ethan asks Mattie to sit in Zeena's chair because _____________________________.
5. Who visited Mattie while Ethan was away during the day?
This section contains 354 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)