|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In his hurry to get be in the house with Mattie, Ethan neglects ________________________________.
(a) To deliver the lumber.
(b) Caring for Zeena.
(c) His own health.
(d) Caring for his horses.
2. The smoke and haze from Ethan's pipe might represent ___________________________.
(a) Zeena's ghost.
(b) Confusion of reality.
(c) Societal oppression.
(d) The threat of death.
3. Zeena is described as an old woman, although she is ____________________________.
(a) Only twenty-seven years old.
(b) Only twenty-eight years old.
(c) Only thirty-five years old.
(d) Only twenty-five years old.
4. Why can't Ethan replace Zeena's pickle dish?
(a) It was the last of its kind.
(b) It came from Paris.
(c) It was a family heirloom.
(d) It came from Philadelphia.
5. Zeena asks Ethan if Jotham Powell can _________________________.
(a) Accompany her to the doctor's office.
(b) Drive her to Michael Eady's store.
(c) Bring the lumber to Mr. Hale.
(d) Drive her to the train station.
Short Answer Questions
1. Since the previous night, Ethan feels a sense of _______________.
2. Zeena does not want to move from Starkfield because ________________________________________.
3. Lying in bed the previous night, Ethan regretted __________________________.
4. Zeena may have become sickly because ______________________________.
5. Ethan returns home early because ___________________________________________.
This section contains 298 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)