|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The smoke and haze from Ethan's pipe might represent ___________________________.
(a) Societal oppression.
(b) Zeena's ghost.
(c) The threat of death.
(d) Confusion of reality.
2. Wharton compares the chill in the Frome's kitchen to ______________________________.
(a) Zeena's heart.
(b) A darkened hearth.
(c) A vault after the dry cold of a night.
(d) The landscape of Starkfield.
3. Why does Ethan think Zeena has not arrived at home yet?
(a) Zeena tells Jotham to put the sorrel away where Ethan will not see it.
(b) The sorrel is not in the barn, so he believes they have not arrived.
(c) Mattie tells him they are still alone together.
(d) Jotham Powell hides the sorrel until Ehtan goes into the house.
4. Most of their quiet or intimate moments are interrupted by _____________________.
(a) The wind.
(b) The cat.
(c) The dog.
5. As Ethan walks through the trees he passes _______________________________.
(a) Denis and Mattie Silver kissing.
(b) Ned Hale and Mattie Silver kissing.
(c) Ruth Varnum and Ned Hale kissing.
(d) Zeena and Michael Eady kissing.
Short Answer Questions
1. Zeena believes Mattie enjoys living in Starkfield only because ______________________________.
2. Ethan needs to go into town to run what errand?
3. What happens to Ethan's horse?
4. Secretly, Ethan wanted to put off his trip into town because it meant _________________________________.
5. Who almost runs into the elm when sledding?
This section contains 356 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)