|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Ethan intends to hurry home for dinner so that __________________________________-.
(a) He can serve Mattie instead of having her serve him.
(b) He can avoid seeing Zeena in town.
(c) He can enjoy his last moments alone with Mattie before Zeena arrives.
(d) He can send Jotham can go home early.
2. When Mattie tried stenography and bookkeeping, _________________________________.
(a) She had great success.
(b) Her health broke down.
(c) She became valuable to her family members.
(d) Her attitude prevented her from succeeding.
3. Ethan knows Zeena has made plans because _____________________________________.
(a) She is wearing her pajamas.
(b) She has ordered a taxi to take her to town.
(c) She is still in bed when he gets home.
(d) She is dressed in traveling clothes.
4. Lying in bed the previous night, Ethan regretted __________________________.
(a) Not kissing Mattie.
(b) Not leaving Zeena long ago.
(c) Kissing Mattie.
(d) Getting caught holding Mattie when Zeena opened the door.
5. What gives Ethan a sense of mastery at the end of the chapter?
(a) Building a fire and cleaning up the house.
(b) Knowing he had deceived Zeena.
(c) Quelling Mattie's fears over the broken pickle dish.
(d) Giving Mattie orders.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Zeena still awake when Ethan and Mattie arrive at home?
2. How has Mattie changed her appearance for Ethan?
3. Secretly, Ethan wanted to put off his trip into town because it meant _________________________________.
4. Zeena is described as an old woman, although she is ____________________________.
5. Most of their quiet or intimate moments are interrupted by _____________________.
This section contains 357 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)