|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Zeena finally stopped criticizing Mattie when __________________________________.
(a) Mattie grew silent and obedient.
(b) Mattie grew stronger and more competent.
(c) Mattie asked Zeena to train her properly.
(d) Mattie begged Zeena's forgiveness.
2. Who visited Mattie while Ethan was away during the day?
(a) Jotham Powell.
(b) Daniel Byrne.
(c) Denis Eady.
(d) Andrew Hale.
3. Mattie's only skills include _______________________________________.
(a) Making medicine, nursing others, and household chores.
(b) Book-keeping and clerical work.
(c) Making dresses and singing.
(d) Making candy, playing piano minimally, and reciting poetry.
4. Ethan does his clearest thinking while _______________________________.
(a) Working familiar outdoor tasks.
(b) Talking to Zeena.
(c) Driving the lumber to town.
(d) Feeding the horses.
5. Ethan claims he needs to collect money from Mr. Hale because ____________________________________.
(a) He needs an excuse to visit Mr. Hale.
(b) He needs an excuse to buy Mattie a gift.
(c) He needs an excuse to avoid driving Zeena to the Flats.
(d) He needs an excuse to get Jotham Powell out of the house.
Short Answer Questions
1. Ethan and Mattie do not go sledding that evening because ___________________________.
2. What happens to Ethan's horse?
3. What word best describes the mood of the scene between Ethan and Mattie?
4. The day's bad weather foreshadows _________________________.
5. While they walk home, Ethan expresses his concern that Mattie will __________________________.
This section contains 299 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)