|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Ethan's mother suggested she was listening to ___________________________.
(a) The radio.
(b) Voices in her head.
(c) The television.
(d) Voices from the cemetery.
2. Mattie's only skills include _______________________________________.
(a) Book-keeping and clerical work.
(b) Making dresses and singing.
(c) Making candy, playing piano minimally, and reciting poetry.
(d) Making medicine, nursing others, and household chores.
3. How has Mattie changed her appearance for Ethan?
(a) She has worn a bonnet on her head.
(b) She has borrowed on of Zeena's dresses.
(c) She has worn her best dress.
(d) She has tied a red ribbon in her hair.
4. Why does Ethan think Zeena has not arrived at home yet?
(a) Zeena tells Jotham to put the sorrel away where Ethan will not see it.
(b) The sorrel is not in the barn, so he believes they have not arrived.
(c) Mattie tells him they are still alone together.
(d) Jotham Powell hides the sorrel until Ehtan goes into the house.
5. Zeena's family gave Mattie ____________________________.
(a) Plenty of money and advice.
(b) Plenty of advice but little help.
(c) Money to start a new life for herself.
(d) Plenty of help, but she rejected them.
Short Answer Questions
1. Ethan puts his arm around Mattie ________________________.
2. Ethan hopes that the bad roads or a late train might cause him to __________________________.
3. What spark in Ethan had not been completely extinguished by the Starkfield winters?
4. Mattie quickly moves from Zeena's chair as if ____________________________________.
5. At the end of the chapter, Ethan's last thoughts are about _____________________________.
This section contains 338 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)