|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Ethan's horse?
(a) The horse slipped and broke its leg.
(b) The horse broke its back under the heavy lumber load.
(c) The horse was ill because it was not properly cared for.
(d) The horse slipped and cut its knee.
2. Ethan tries to avoid accompanying his wife to bed by claiming ________________________________.
(a) He has to go over the mill accounts.
(b) He has to tend to the horses.
(c) He has work to do in his study.
(d) He has to rebuild the fire.
3. Why can't Ethan replace Zeena's pickle dish?
(a) It came from Paris.
(b) It came from Philadelphia.
(c) It was the last of its kind.
(d) It was a family heirloom.
4. Ethan needs to go into town to run what errand?
(a) He needs to pick up Zeena's medicine.
(b) He needs to buy glue to fix the pickle dish.
(c) He needs to pick up the hired girl from the train station.
(d) He needs to buy a new dish for Zeena.
5. Secretly, Ethan wanted to put off his trip into town because it meant _________________________________.
(a) He could speak to Andrew Hale about money again.
(b) He could send Jotham to pick up Zeena from the Flats.
(c) He could go home and spend the day with Mattie.
(d) He could help Mattie clean up the breakfast dishes.
Short Answer Questions
1. While they walk home, Ethan expresses his concern that Mattie will __________________________.
2. Lying in bed the previous night, Ethan regretted __________________________.
3. Mattie confesses her fear that ____________________________.
4. Ethan intends to hurry home for dinner so that __________________________________-.
5. Ethan asks Mattie to sit in Zeena's chair because _____________________________.
This section contains 401 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)