|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Ethan solve the glue problem?
(a) He uses flour paste to fix the dish.
(b) He buys it at another store.
(c) He uses wood glue from his shed to fix the dish.
(d) He throws the dish away.
2. When Ethan returned to Starkfield, he missed ____________________________.
(a) The chance to discuss business among men.
(b) Dances where he might meet girls.
(c) The chance to study astronomy.
(d) Friendly interactions with his classmates.
3. Zeena believes Mattie enjoys living in Starkfield only because ______________________________.
(a) Mattie has no other place to go.
(b) Mattie has her sights set on marriage.
(c) Mattie can live rent-free with Zeena and Ethan.
(d) Mattie is in love with Ethan.
4. Ethan enjoys following Zeena's orders at first because ___________________________________________.
(a) They free him to leave the house and go about his business.
(b) They remind him of when his mother was alive and well.
(c) He cannot run the farm without her help.
(d) They free him of responsibility to his home and family.
5. How has Mattie changed her appearance for Ethan?
(a) She has borrowed on of Zeena's dresses.
(b) She has tied a red ribbon in her hair.
(c) She has worn a bonnet on her head.
(d) She has worn her best dress.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is the lumber especially hard for Ethan to load?
2. Ethan senses something went wrong with Zeena because _______________________________.
3. What word best describes the mood of the scene between Ethan and Mattie?
4. What gives Ethan's kitchen a "homelike look?"
5. The smoke and haze from Ethan's pipe might represent ___________________________.
This section contains 321 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)