|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Ethan senses something went wrong with Zeena because _______________________________.
(a) Zeena refuses to allow Jotham Powell at dinner.
(b) Zeena demands that Mattie serve her dinner in her bed.
(c) Mattie refuses to cook dinner.
(d) Jotham Powell refuses to stay for dinner.
2. Ethan's mother suggested she was listening to ___________________________.
(a) Voices from the cemetery.
(b) The radio.
(c) The television.
(d) Voices in her head.
3. Zeena is described as an old woman, although she is ____________________________.
(a) Only twenty-eight years old.
(b) Only twenty-seven years old.
(c) Only twenty-five years old.
(d) Only thirty-five years old.
4. Mattie quickly moves from Zeena's chair as if ____________________________________.
(a) She can not stand the scrutiny of Ethan's gaze.
(b) She does not want to fill Zeena's place in Ethan's life.
(c) Feels guilty over her affair with Ethan.
(d) She feels a sense of Zeena's presence there.
5. Zeena's family is offended by Mattie's father because _______________________________________.
(a) He moved away from the hills and never spoke to them again.
(b) He moved to Connecticut and became financially successful.
(c) He moved west during the Gold Rush.
(d) He moved to Connecticut and got an education.
Short Answer Questions
1. While Ethan warms himself by the stove, Mattie _______________________.
2. Secretly, Ethan wanted to put off his trip into town because it meant _________________________________.
3. Ethan returns home early because ___________________________________________.
4. When Zeena opens the door, Ethan is surprised by _______________________.
5. Who visited Mattie while Ethan was away during the day?
This section contains 336 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)