|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What room did Ethan create for himself when he returned from college?
(a) A storage room.
(b) A library.
(c) A laboratory
(d) A study.
2. Zeena finally stopped criticizing Mattie when __________________________________.
(a) Mattie grew silent and obedient.
(b) Mattie begged Zeena's forgiveness.
(c) Mattie asked Zeena to train her properly.
(d) Mattie grew stronger and more competent.
3. Ethan knows Zeena has made plans because _____________________________________.
(a) She is dressed in traveling clothes.
(b) She is still in bed when he gets home.
(c) She has ordered a taxi to take her to town.
(d) She is wearing her pajamas.
4. Ethan claims he needs to collect money from Mr. Hale because ____________________________________.
(a) He needs an excuse to avoid driving Zeena to the Flats.
(b) He needs an excuse to visit Mr. Hale.
(c) He needs an excuse to buy Mattie a gift.
(d) He needs an excuse to get Jotham Powell out of the house.
5. Ethan returns home early because ___________________________________________.
(a) He is afraid to face Mr. Hale and ask for money.
(b) He is afraid there will be trouble between Mattie and Zeena.
(c) He cannot get the horses to town safely.
(d) He is afraid Jotham Powell will suspect his love for Mattie.
Short Answer Questions
1. What word best describes the mood of the scene between Ethan and Mattie?
2. Most of their quiet or intimate moments are interrupted by _____________________.
3. Ethan and Mattie discuss the marriage of ________________________.
4. Ethan's room is unusable for several months of the year because ______________________________________.
5. Zeena's family gave Mattie ____________________________.
This section contains 314 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)