|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Wharton compares Mattie's hair to "a drift of mist on the moon," which suggests ___________________________.
(a) Ugliness and coarseness.
(b) Fantasy and impermanence.
(c) Logic and reality.
(d) Fear and doom.
2. Ethan and Mattie discuss the marriage of ________________________.
(a) Jothan and Mattie.
(b) Ned and Ruth.
(c) Mattie and Denis.
(d) Ethan and Zeena.
3. Ethan and Mattie talk frankly for the first time about __________________.
(a) Their love for each other.
(c) Ethan's business.
(d) Mattie's desire to leave.
4. Ethan knows Zeena has made plans because _____________________________________.
(a) She is wearing her pajamas.
(b) She is still in bed when he gets home.
(c) She is dressed in traveling clothes.
(d) She has ordered a taxi to take her to town.
5. When Mattie tried stenography and bookkeeping, _________________________________.
(a) Her health broke down.
(b) She became valuable to her family members.
(c) Her attitude prevented her from succeeding.
(d) She had great success.
Short Answer Questions
1. Mattie quickly moves from Zeena's chair as if ____________________________________.
2. Throughout the morning, Ethan continues to feel a spirit of ______________________.
3. Ethan immediately regrets telling Zeena he will get money from Mr. Hale because ________________________________________.
4. What reminds Ethan of Mattie as he walks to town?
5. Because Ethan is too afraid to touch Mattie, he settles for _______________________________.
This section contains 318 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)