|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did the apostles send Barnabas to see the great things happening among the Gentile converts?
2. What Roman did Peter convert?
3. The forerunner for Jesus was _____________.
4. Approximately how many Gentiles were in the world after Jesus' death?
5. After Saul of Tarsus was blinded by a great light, how many days did he remain blind?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the Sacred Four?
2. Describe Saul and his background.
3. Why did Jesus drive out buyers and sellers in the temple?
4. Why did the Jews want to stone Jesus after he said that he had seen Abraham?
5. What happened when Peter returned to Jerusalem after preaching to Cornelius?
6. What was a scapegoat?
7. Describe the geography of New Guinea.
8. Why did Paul have a confrontation with Peter in Antioch?
9. What parallel did Richardson use to explain that the Church needed to be infused with the historical perspective that accelerated Paul's zeal?
10. What did a missionary discover about Chinese ideographs?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
When a missionary came to the Santal, he was amazed at how quickly the people accepted the message of Christ. Discuss why the Santal eagerly embraced Christianity.
Essay Topic 2
There are many names for God. Discuss how believers of God or Yahweh decided that other names for God meant the same Supreme Being as Yahweh or God.
Essay Topic 3
In Chapter 1, Yahweh made a covenant with a man named Abraham. Discuss the covenant that Yahweh made with Abraham.
This section contains 818 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)