|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Judas Iscariot rebuke Mary for wasting?
2. What member of the Jewish ruling council had difficulty understanding what Jesus meant by a new birth?
3. How many women were mentioned in the male-dominated genealogies in Matthew 1 and Luke 3?
4. Who wrote Genesis, Exodus, Leviticus, Numbers, and Deuteronomy?
5. What cities did Jesus say would fare better than some Jewish cities on the day of judgment?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Dr. Ralph Winter say to startle audiences?
2. Who were the only women mentioned in the genealogies of Matthew 1 and Luke 3?
3. What was the Indonesians strongest objection to Communist control of their homeland?
4. Why did Paul have a confrontation with Peter in Antioch?
5. What theory did Edward B. Tylor propose to explain how mankind began to believe in a soul?
6. Why did Jesus drive out buyers and sellers in the temple?
7. Why was a Samaritan woman shocked when Jesus asked her for a drink of water?
8. How were Barnabas and Saul sent off to do missionary work?
9. Who took Nietzsche's ideas and used them to promote his race as the most highly evolved branch of the Europeans?
10. Who were some of the people God had revealed himself to?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss Tylor's theories about primitive cultures and the development of religion.
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast the ways that the Karen, Lahu, and Wa found their lost book and how they responded when they knew the book had been returned.
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast how Jesus and the Jews treated the Gentiles.
This section contains 777 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)