|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many cities of refuge were scattered throughout the islands of Hawaii?
2. Whom did Saul take to Jerusalem to discuss what rules and regulations Gentiles needed to follow when they became Christians?
3. In what town did Jesus meet a woman at a well and ask her for a drink?
4. In what book of the Bible did the apostle Paul emphasize the unbreakable connection between the Abrahamic Covenant and the New Testament gospel?
5. To what non-Jewish person were the spies who entered Jericho a blessing?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the geography of New Guinea.
2. Describe Saul and his background.
3. What did Nietzsche call the lead runner in the human marathon?
4. Why was it difficult to communicate the gospel to the Sawi?
5. Why did the Jews want to stone Jesus after he said that he had seen Abraham?
6. How did Saul of Tarsus become a follower of Jesus?
7. What did a missionary discover about Chinese ideographs?
8. What theory did Edward B. Tylor propose to explain how mankind began to believe in a soul?
9. What characterized the nineteenth century?
10. What was a scapegoat?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast Epimenides and Gideon and how they asked for signs from their God.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Tylor's theories about primitive cultures and the development of religion.
Essay Topic 3
The written Chinese language is a very complicated system. Discuss how the Chinese writing system was an obstacle and an opportunity for missionaries.
This section contains 874 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)