|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What Roman did Peter convert?
2. In 1983, where did a professor from Communist China teach Tylor's theory?
3. Where did Saul wait when he had been blinded by a great light?
4. On what road did Jesus walk and talk with two of his disciples after his death and resurrection?
5. After Saul of Tarsus was blinded by a great light, how many days did he remain blind?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Saul of Tarsus become a follower of Jesus?
2. What did Dr. Ralph Winter say was the main theme of the Bible?
3. Where was Golgotha located?
4. Why was it difficult to communicate the gospel to the Sawi?
5. What was a scapegoat?
6. Describe the geography of New Guinea.
7. What parallel did Richardson use to explain that the Church needed to be infused with the historical perspective that accelerated Paul's zeal?
8. What theory did Edward B. Tylor propose to explain how mankind began to believe in a soul?
9. What characterized the nineteenth century?
10. How were Barnabas and Saul sent off to do missionary work?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Cultural analogies were used to explain the gospel to people groups. Discuss the peacemaking rituals of the Sawi and Asmat and how those rituals were used as analogies of the gospel.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the court of the Gentiles and why Jesus was angry that it had become a place of commerce.
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast the ways that the Karen, Lahu, and Wa found their lost book and how they responded when they knew the book had been returned.
This section contains 845 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)