|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who wrote Genesis, Exodus, Leviticus, Numbers, and Deuteronomy?
2. When Philip followed an angel's command to go somewhere, he met _________.
3. When did Karl Marx die?
4. Before Pope John Paul II visited Cuba, when was the last time a pope had been allowed to visit Cuba?
5. Where did an angel tell Philip to go?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Dr. Ralph Winter say to startle audiences?
2. What analogy was used to describe how Nietzsche and many evolutionists of his time viewed the development of man from the stone age to ultimate cultural achievement?
3. Why did Jesus drive out buyers and sellers in the temple?
4. Who were some of the people God had revealed himself to?
5. What is the Sacred Four?
6. How were Barnabas and Saul sent off to do missionary work?
7. What did revelations of God to individuals center around before God revealed himself to Abraham?
8. What were two major problems that the Richardsons faced when they first began to live with the Sawi?
9. What did a missionary discover about Chinese ideographs?
10. What theory did Edward B. Tylor propose to explain how mankind began to believe in a soul?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The written Chinese language is a very complicated system. Discuss how the Chinese writing system was an obstacle and an opportunity for missionaries.
Essay Topic 2
An Inca king named Pachacuti had worshiped a sun god, but after some contemplation he decided that he was worshiping what God had made and not God himself. Discuss why Pachacuti realized that he was worshiping creation rather than Creator and what he did about his realization.
Essay Topic 3
Cultural analogies were used to explain the gospel to people groups. Discuss the peacemaking rituals of the Sawi and Asmat and how those rituals were used as analogies of the gospel.
This section contains 944 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)