|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. To whom was Naomi a blessing?
2. To what non-Jewish person were the spies who entered Jericho a blessing?
3. How long after Abraham was Jesus born?
4. Where did Christians from Cyprus and Cyrene proclaim the gospel?
5. When did Margaret Mead die?
Short Essay Questions
1. What were two major problems that the Richardsons faced when they first began to live with the Sawi?
2. What characterized the nineteenth century?
3. What is the difference between ambient and coherent light?
4. Who took Nietzsche's ideas and used them to promote his race as the most highly evolved branch of the Europeans?
5. How were Barnabas and Saul sent off to do missionary work?
6. What did revelations of God to individuals center around before God revealed himself to Abraham?
7. What did Nietzsche call the lead runner in the human marathon?
8. What did God have to do to get Peter to go and give the message of Jesus Christ to Cornelius, a Roman?
9. What was a scapegoat?
10. What did Dr. Ralph Winter say to startle audiences?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
An Inca king named Pachacuti had worshiped a sun god, but after some contemplation he decided that he was worshiping what God had made and not God himself. Discuss why Pachacuti realized that he was worshiping creation rather than Creator and what he did about his realization.
Essay Topic 2
In the 6th century B.C. Athens was afflicted with a plague. Discuss the plague, why the Athenians believed the plague occurred, and how it was stopped.
Essay Topic 3
Using examples from the book, discuss how evolutionary theory influenced racism, Hitler, and Communists.
This section contains 800 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)