|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many baptisms a day would have boggled the minds of European clerics?
2. A verse in the Shan and Palaung writings is similar to a verse in the Bible. What is the book in the Bible that has a passage similar to the one in their writings?
3. Who was an Old Testament hero who sought God's will by using a fleece?
4. How many years did Dr. Herman Tegenfeldt lived among the Kachin?
5. When a little pony was saddled and the Wa told to follow it to find the white brother with God's book, how far did the pony lead the men?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Pachacuti become discontent to worship Inti?
2. Who was the first to preach the gospel to the Karen people?
3. What were Skrefsrud's accomplishments when he ministered among the Santal people?
4. What did Mu-kaw-lee tell Tha-nai and Ee-u?
5. What was the book that a Muslim traveler had given to the Karen?
6. Why might missionaries who experienced the sky god phenomenon have downplayed the evidence?
7. In 1795, who did the Karen believe that an English diplomat might be?
8. How did Epimenides know which sheep to sacrifice to the unknown god?
9. What were some of Pachacuti's accomplishments when he ruled the Inca Empire?
10. Why did the Palaung people always build an extra room onto a new home?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the cross-cultural means Paul used to communicate with the Athenians to help them be receptive to his message about Jesus Christ.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the court of the Gentiles and why Jesus was angry that it had become a place of commerce.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss how God put eternity in the hearts of people groups around the world so they would be ready to hear the gospel.
This section contains 884 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)