|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What Hebrew king took Melchizedek's ancient Salem from the Jebusites?
2. Near what bay was the ship that Nicias took to fetch Epimenides?
3. What was the book that a Muslim traveler had given to the Karen?
4. How many priests did the pope send to China at Marco Polo's request?
5. How many Kachin people believed the gospel message?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did the Palaung people always build an extra room onto a new home?
2. Describe the encounter between Abraham and Melchizedek.
3. Why weren't nineteenth century Britishers interested in approaching Asians as white brothers?
4. What were Skrefsrud's accomplishments when he ministered among the Santal people?
5. What was the book that a Muslim traveler had given to the Karen?
6. Who was the first to preach the gospel to the Karen people?
7. What rituals did the Karen develop to venerate a book given to them by a Muslim traveler?
8. Why did the prophet Pu Chan tell the Wa they must abandon headhunting and spirit appeasement?
9. In 1795, who did the Karen believe that an English diplomat might be?
10. What did Confucius teach the Chinese about religion?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
There are many names for God. Discuss how believers of God or Yahweh decided that other names for God meant the same Supreme Being as Yahweh or God.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the court of the Gentiles and why Jesus was angry that it had become a place of commerce.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss why there was a controversy between the Apostles and Paul regarding whether the Gentiles needed to follow the Mosaic law and Jewish customs.
This section contains 886 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)