|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Mu-kaw-lee tell the Karen to use to divine matters?
2. How many different tribes of peoples are mentioned by name in the first 36 chapters of the Bible?
3. When did a Norwegian and a Danish missionary go to India?
4. What Egyptian pharaoh attempted religious reform from 1379 to 1361 B.C.?
5. When did Britain launch a series of attacks against Burma?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who was Thakur Jiu, and why didn't the Santal worship him any more?
2. How did Richardson define special revelation?
3. What were Skrefsrud's accomplishments when he ministered among the Santal people?
4. What did Epimenides prophesy would happen in Athens in ten years?
5. What was the book that a Muslim traveler had given to the Karen?
6. Why might missionaries who experienced the sky god phenomenon have downplayed the evidence?
7. Why weren't nineteenth century Britishers interested in approaching Asians as white brothers?
8. What did Warrasa Wange see and hear in a vision when he prayed asking Magano to reveal himself?
9. What did Mu-kaw-lee tell Tha-nai and Ee-u?
10. What were some of Pachacuti's accomplishments when he ruled the Inca Empire?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The Karen people had passed down hymns verbally from generation to generation to teach about the one true God. Discuss Y'wa, the God of the Karen, and how they portrayed him.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss why there was a controversy between the Apostles and Paul regarding whether the Gentiles needed to follow the Mosaic law and Jewish customs.
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast how Jesus and the Jews treated the Gentiles.
This section contains 880 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)