|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the Lahu wear that symbolized their bondage to the nats and their need for a deliverer?
2. How many Kachin people believed the gospel message?
3. When did God give a man called Abram some awesome promises?
4. What was the book that a Muslim traveler had given to the Karen?
5. After 30 years, how many churches had been built among the Gedeo tribe?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did the Pythian oracle say there was a curse on Athens?
2. What did Warrasa Wange see and hear in a vision when he prayed asking Magano to reveal himself?
3. Who was Thakur Jiu, and why didn't the Santal worship him any more?
4. Why did European theologues think something was wrong when there were 80 baptisms among the Santal people in one day?
5. Why was it strange that the Lisu were waiting for a book?
6. What did Epimenides prophesy would happen in Athens in ten years?
7. In 1795, who did the Karen believe that an English diplomat might be?
8. What did the apostle Paul do when he came to Athens and saw all their idols?
9. Why weren't nineteenth century Britishers interested in approaching Asians as white brothers?
10. What were some of Pachacuti's accomplishments when he ruled the Inca Empire?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast the ways that the Karen, Lahu, and Wa found their lost book and how they responded when they knew the book had been returned.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the cross-cultural means Paul used to communicate with the Athenians to help them be receptive to his message about Jesus Christ.
Essay Topic 3
Compare general revelation and special revelation and how they were used in the Bible.
This section contains 985 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)