|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Albert Brant and Glen Cain come to the Gedeo people?
2. What missionary began teaching the gospel to the Lisu tribe?
3. A verse in the Shan and Palaung writings is similar to a verse in the Bible. What is the book in the Bible that has a passage similar to the one in their writings?
4. When was Pachacuti ruler of the Inca civilization?
5. To what people group was William Marcus Young sent to preach the gospel?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why might missionaries who experienced the sky god phenomenon have downplayed the evidence?
2. What were some of Pachacuti's accomplishments when he ruled the Inca Empire?
3. What did Warrasa Wange see and hear in a vision when he prayed asking Magano to reveal himself?
4. In 1795, who did the Karen believe that an English diplomat might be?
5. Why did the Palaung people always build an extra room onto a new home?
6. What did Confucius teach the Chinese about religion?
7. What was the book that a Muslim traveler had given to the Karen?
8. What were Skrefsrud's accomplishments when he ministered among the Santal people?
9. Describe the encounter between Abraham and Melchizedek.
10. Why didn't Abraham accept any spoils of Kedorlaomer from Bera, King of Sodom?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast how Jesus and the Jews treated the Gentiles.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss how God put eternity in the hearts of people groups around the world so they would be ready to hear the gospel.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the cross-cultural means Paul used to communicate with the Athenians to help them be receptive to his message about Jesus Christ.
This section contains 892 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)