|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Melchizedek's name mean?
(a) King of Zedek.
(b) King of Righteousness.
(c) King of the World.
(d) King of Peace.
2. What did Mu-kaw-lee tell the Karen to use to divine matters?
(b) Bones of a lion.
(d) Bones of a fowl.
3. When did a Norwegian and a Danish missionary go to India?
4. How many baptisms did Skrefsrud perform during his years in India?
(a) Fifteen thousand.
(b) Five thousand.
(c) Eight thousand.
(d) Twenty-three thousand.
5. When did the prophet Pu Chan appear among the Wa?
6. What qualities of God did a Karen hymn extol?
(a) Infiniteness and omnipresence.
(b) Omnipotence and omniscience.
(c) Goodness and love.
(d) Faithfulness and holiness.
7. What was the capital of Korea?
8. What book of the Bible did the Karen story of man's falling away from God contain parallels to?
9. How many years in the future did Epimenides prophesy a Persian army would come against Athens?
(a) Ten years.
(b) Two years.
(c) Five years.
(d) Fifteen years.
10. To what people group was William Marcus Young sent to preach the gospel?
(a) The Karen.
(b) The Wa.
(c) The Lahu.
(d) The Shan.
11. What name for God was used by Melchizedek?
(b) El Elyon.
12. What crop did the Gedeo people grow?
13. How many Wa tribesmen lived between the Kachin and Lahu domains?
(a) Seventy-five thousand.
(b) Five hundred.
(d) One hundred thousand.
14. What Egyptian pharaoh attempted religious reform from 1379 to 1361 B.C.?
(b) Mentuhotep VI.
(d) Thutmose III.
15. When did the Karen people first seen a white European?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of the country where Abram went when he left his homeland?
2. What was the book that a Muslim traveler had given to the Karen?
3. What country was Epimenides from?
4. When did Adoniram Judson arrive in Burma?
5. How many baptisms a day would have boggled the minds of European clerics?
This section contains 330 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)