Part I: A World Prepared for the Gospel, The Melchizedek Factor; Chapter 1: Peoples of the Vague God, pp. 9-23
1. When was there a plague in Athens that had come about because of a curse?
(a) 600 B.C.
(b) 400 B.C.
(c) 500 A.D.
(d) 300 A.D.
2. Who gave the Athenian council advice on how to deal with a plague?
(b) Pythian oracle.
3. What king had caused Athens to be under a curse?
4. Near what bay was the ship that Nicias took to fetch Epimenides?
5. What city was Epimenides from?
6. What country was Epimenides from?
7. How many gods did Athens have?
(a) Over five hundred.
(b) Around fifty.
(c) About three hundred.
(d) At least several hundred.
8. What was the name of the hill where Epimenides met council members with the sheep, stones, and stonemason?
9. How soon after the sheep were sacrificed to the unknown god did the plague lessen?
(a) The next day.
(b) Two days later.
(c) Three days later.
(d) The same day.
This section contains 3,201 words
(approx. 11 pages at 300 words per page)