Part I: A World Prepared for the Gospel, The Melchizedek Factor; Chapter 1: Peoples of the Vague God, pp. 9-23
• Five or six hundred years before the birth of Jesus Christ in the city-state of Athens, many people were dying from a plague and begging for help from the gods.
• However, nothing seemed to stop the plague.
• Nicias, a city elder, announced that the oracle had declared that they needed to send for Epimenides of Crete.
• When Epimenides came to Athens, he was amazed to see all the idols and wondered if Athens had too many gods.
• Epimenides commanded the people to bring stones, mortar, and black and white sheep the next morning.
• In the morning, Epimenides offered a prayer to an unknown god, and he told the people to let the sheep graze.
• If a sheep would lie down rather than grazing, it was to be sacrificed to...
This section contains 3,233 words
(approx. 11 pages at 300 words per page)