Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 8, who tells Esperanza that the strike that was planned for the next day will not take place?
2. On Saturday night, what do the women do together that Esperanza actually enjoys?
3. When Esperanza teases Isabel that she seems to hate all the crops, what is one crop Isabel says she loves?
4. Who yells out, "It is a sweep!" in Chapter 11?
5. After the first crop of harvest time is picked, what is the next crop ready to harvest?
Essay Topic 1
In what way is Esperanza Rising a work of socially responsible historical fiction?
Essay Topic 2
During the course of the novel, Esperanza sheds her coddled sense of entitlement and emerges as a responsible young woman. Who or what are the primary motivators responsible for this social and emotional growth?
Essay Topic 3
In the first chapter of Esperanza Rising, Papa instills a love of the land in Esperanza. There are several ways in which the characters can be categorized. One way is that are those who "love the land" and those who do not. Examine the love and respect for the land through the characters that are aligned with Papa with respect to the land, and how this love "gives back" to them.
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)