Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 8, who tells Esperanza that the strike that was planned for the next day will not take place?
2. On Saturday night, what do the women do together that Esperanza actually enjoys?
3. When Esperanza teases Isabel that she seems to hate all the crops, what is one crop Isabel says she loves?
4. Who yells out, "It is a sweep!" in Chapter 11?
5. After the first crop of harvest time is picked, what is the next crop ready to harvest?
Essay Topic 1
Much of what the reader learns about life in the migrant work camps entails children's lives. Comment on the quality of life available to children in these circumstances and how responsible Ryan's portrayal of children in the camps is.
Essay Topic 2
In the first chapter of Esperanza Rising, Papa instills a love of the land in Esperanza. There are several ways in which the characters can be categorized. One way is that are those who "love the land" and those who do not. Examine the love and respect for the land through the characters that are aligned with Papa with respect to the land, and how this love "gives back" to them.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the work ethic as evidenced in Esperanza Rising. What might the author be saying about the value of work?
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)