|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Esperanza notice Isabel is doing in order to help her chances of winning at the school celebration?
(a) Making little cakes.
(c) Making little pies.
2. What is the one thing Esperanza does NOT assure Mama of before she leaves the hospital on the day she gets her diagnosis?
(a) She will bring Abuelita to her.
(b) She will take care of everything.
(c) She will pay the bills.
(d) She will work.
3. On Christmas day, what does Esperanza see that she wishes she could give to her mother?
(a) A Christmas tree.
(b) A Pinata.
(c) A red coat with a shiny pin.
(d) A statue.
4. What do the families have for dessert on their first dinner together?
(a) Fried dough.
(b) Rice pudding.
(c) Corn bread.
5. How does Esperanza get back and forth to the camp from the hospital?
(a) In the truck.
(b) In a wagon.
(c) In the doctor's car.
(d) In a taxi.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Mama's diagnosis in Chapter 10?
2. On Saturday night, what do the women do together that Esperanza actually enjoys?
3. What does Isabel see at the party that she would like very much to have?
4. Who does Esperanza find hiding after the officials leave?
5. On the morning after the strike, of whom does Esperanza ask a favor?
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)