|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who comes to check on the sick person during harvest time and give a diagnosis?
(a) A Mexican doctor.
(b) The foreman's wife.
(c) An American doctor.
(d) A nurse from the county.
2. What is the one thing Esperanza does NOT assure Mama of before she leaves the hospital on the day she gets her diagnosis?
(a) She will bring Abuelita to her.
(b) She will work.
(c) She will take care of everything.
(d) She will pay the bills.
3. What does Esperanza do to keep warm while she works in Chapter 9?
(a) She heats her socks before she starts.
(b) She puts a hot brick between her feet.
(c) She puts on extra blankets.
(d) She sits near the fire.
4. On Christmas day, what is Mama's condition?
(a) She is stronger.
(b) She develops a rash.
(c) She develops a heart ailment.
(d) She is very weak.
5. As Chapter 12 begins, what celebration is coming up in at Isabel's school?
(a) Pie Contest Day.
(b) Harvest Ball Day.
(c) May Day.
(d) Cake Contest Day.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Ada?
2. When Esperanza brings the requested object to the hospital, what does it smell of?
3. What honor is Isabel expecting to win at the celebration at her school in Chapter 12?
4. The title of Chapter 8 is Las Ciruelas, the plums. What is the significance of the plums in this chapter?
5. What does Esperanza buy at the market that is not for her mother?
This section contains 289 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)