|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Esperanza find hiding after the officials leave?
2. When Esperanza asks Isabel for news that she has heard at school, what is the new construction that Isabel tells them about?
(a) A library for the children of families from Oklahoma.
(b) A park for all the children.
(c) A school for all the migrant families.
(d) A school for children of families from Oklahoma.
3. What special dessert is Isabel's mother is making on Saturday night?
(a) Corn bread.
(b) Almond flan.
(c) Rice pudding.
(d) Fried dough.
4. When Esperanza talks of "La Migra", what is she talking about?
(a) The meat.
(b) The mist.
(c) The immigration officials.
(d) The migrant workers.
5. Who encourages Esperanza to do her first job well so she will get hired again?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do the doctors suggest that Esperanza discontinue her visits to Mama for a while?
2. As Chapter 12 begins, what celebration is coming up in at Isabel's school?
3. On Christmas day, what does Esperanza see that she wishes she could give to her mother?
4. Who comes to check on the sick person during harvest time and give a diagnosis?
5. When Chapter 8 begins, Esperanza begins her first day of work alone. What is one of her main duties at this time?
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)