|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. During the harvest time, who becomes ill?
2. After Isabel's news about the new building project, what news does Miguel come home with?
(a) He was denied a raise.
(b) He has been transferred to Northern California.
(c) He lost his job.
(d) He has been promoted to foreman.
3. In Chapter 8 at harvest time, how many days a week are the workers working?
4. What object does Esperanza remove from her valise to give to Isabel?
(a) Her porcelain doll.
(b) Her yarn doll from the train.
(c) Her lacey socks.
(d) Her lace collar.
5. What does Esperanza buy at the market that is not for her mother?
(a) A mug.
(b) A sun visor.
(c) A money order.
(d) A toothbrush.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who yells out, "It is a sweep!" in Chapter 11?
2. In the context of this story, what is a "jamaica?"
3. On Esperanza's day first day of work alone, what does she ruin?
4. What does Esperanza do to keep warm while she works in Chapter 9?
5. On Christmas day, what is Mama's condition?
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)