Final Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 8, who tells Esperanza that the strike that was planned for the next day will not take place?
2. On Saturday night, what do the women do together that Esperanza actually enjoys?
(b) Shelling almonds.
3. When Esperanza teases Isabel that she seems to hate all the crops, what is one crop Isabel says she loves?
4. Who yells out, "It is a sweep!" in Chapter 11?
5. After the first crop of harvest time is picked, what is the next crop ready to harvest?
6. In Chapter 8, it is harvest time. What crop is the family harvesting?
7. In Chapter 7, What is one thing that Esperanza does NOT say she will pray for?
(a) For a piece of coconut candy.
(b) To make friends.
(c) For Abuelita to get well.
(d) For Abuelita to be able to get her money from the bank.
8. What is Esperanza's reaction to Isabel's news about the new building project?
9. Where does Esperanza go to check on things on the morning after the strike?
(a) Marta's camp.
(b) Miguel's place of work.
(c) The hospital.
(d) Hortensia's place of work.
10. What is the surprise Alfonso and Miguel show the women after dinner in Chapter 7?
(a) A pony.
(b) A puppy.
(c) A shrine.
(d) A kitten.
11. When Esperanza talks of "La Migra", what is she talking about?
(a) The meat.
(b) The mist.
(c) The immigration officials.
(d) The migrant workers.
12. As Chapter 12 begins, what celebration is coming up in at Isabel's school?
(a) Cake Contest Day.
(b) Pie Contest Day.
(c) Harvest Ball Day.
(d) May Day.
13. In a conversation between Esperanza and Isabel, where does Isabel tell Esperanza that Marta was born?
(a) In the United States.
(b) In a town near their own town in Mexico.
(c) Mexico City.
(d) In a town far from their own town in Mexico.
14. Early in Chapter 11, what is Esperanza's criticism of the strikers?
(a) They were abusive to their own people.
(b) They only listen if you agree with them.
(c) They were dirty.
(d) Their language was vulgar.
15. When Esperanza asks Josefina where the officials will take the workers, she answers that their final destination will be_______.
(a) Los Angeles.
(c) San Jose.
(d) El Paso.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Esperanza and her mother are together in Chapter 7, what does Mama confess she misses?
2. Who comes to check on the sick person during harvest time and give a diagnosis?
3. In Chapter 10, Miguel gets a new job. Where is this job?
4. With someone sick, how do Alfonso and Juan make conditions better?
5. When Esperanza brings the requested object to the hospital, what does it smell of?
This section contains 497 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)