|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When the lawyer comes to explain Papa's will, who is to receive the income for the grapes?
(a) Tio Luis.
2. At the time of the harvest, how long had the Mexican revolution been over?
(a) Twenty years.
(b) Five years.
(c) Ten years.
(d) Two years.
3. After they all discuss family options in Chapter 3, what is Ramona's request of Alfonso?
(a) She wants to know if she, Esperanza, and Abuelita can go with Alfonso to California.
(b) She wants to know if she can send Esperanza with them until she can join them.
(c) She wants to know if they will stay and start a new farm for her.
(d) She wants to know if they will write her if they find a work for her.
4. When Esperanza talks with Isabel, who does Esperanza say will come soon to rescue them and move them out of the camp?
(a) Tio Marco.
(c) Senor Rodriguez
(d) Tio Luis.
5. What was the treat Esperanza remembers from an earlier time in Zacatecas?
(a) A mango carved like a flower.
(b) New shoes.
(d) A burrito.
6. What is the one thing Juan's daughter does NOT brag about to Esperanza?
(a) Running water in their home.
(b) Having electricity.
(c) Living in a cabin.
(d) Having real beds.
7. When Esperanza first arrives at the migrant workers camp, who does she hears speaking English?
(a) The foreman's daughter, Flora.
(c) The foreman.
(d) The foreman's wife.
8. If Ramona were to stay in Mexico and remain single, what would be her life situation?
(a) She would be taken care of by Tio Luis and Tio Marco.
(b) She would live in poverty.
(c) She would work for Tio Marco and live in the town.
(d) She would work for the government.
9. Who is the friend that Esperanza looks forward to spending time with right after her birthday?
10. Who made the first cut at harvest time?
(a) The mayor.
11. While the family is waiting for Papa to come in from the fields at the end of the day, who is it that the family worries about?
12. When the traveling group reaches the wagon, what is it that Hortensia predicts that Tio Luis has already bragged about?
(a) His belt buckle.
(b) His new stepchild, Esperanza.
(c) His run for mayor.
(d) His engagement to Ramona.
13. What group of women help the Ortega's with their plan to survive and make a new life for themselves?
(a) A group of female farmers.
(b) A group of female journalists.
(c) A group of nuns.
(d) A group female artists.
14. When Esperanza is doing one of her chores, she hears women laughing at her. What is the chore she isn't doing well?
(a) Cutting vegetables.
(c) Carrying a baby.
15. When Esperanza is in the garden, on what does she cut her finger?
(a) A shovel.
(b) A peice of glass.
(c) A rake.
(d) A thorn of a rose.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Esperanza's first birthday morning visitor comes, what does he bring for her?
2. What is Esperanza's last name?
3. What is Esperanza's reaction to the girl with dirty hands who tries to hold her hand at the camp?
4. What does the Orgeta relative visiting after the fire think Esperanza will learn at the school?
5. Who is Sixto?
This section contains 582 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)