Short Answer Key
1. In what country do Esperanza and her family live?
2. What is the main crop Esperanza's father grows?
3. What is Esperanza's last name?
4. In Chapter 1, which birthday is Esperanza eagerly anticipating?
Her thirteenth birthday.
5. Who made the first cut at harvest time?
6. Who is Hortensia?
The head housekeeper.
7. Who is Ramona?
8. Who is Sixto?
9. Who is Alfonso?
The boss of the field workers.
10. Who does Esperanza say she will marry some day?
11. Who does Esperanza consider to be her best friend?
12. Who are Papa's older step brothers?
Tio Luis and Tio Marco.
13. What handiwork does Abuelita teach Esperanza?
14. During their handiwork lesson in Chapter 1, what snack is brought to Esperanza and her grandmother?
15. When Esperanza is in the...
This section contains 2,920 words|
(approx. 10 pages at 300 words per page)