|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 8, it is harvest time. What crop is the family harvesting?
2. When the traveling group reaches the wagon, what is it that Hortensia predicts that Tio Luis has already bragged about?
(a) His run for mayor.
(b) His engagement to Ramona.
(c) His belt buckle.
(d) His new stepchild, Esperanza.
3. Who does Esperanza consider to be her best friend?
4. What do the travelers sit on in the train to California?
(a) Chicken crates.
(b) The floor of the car.
(c) Wooden seats.
(d) Their suitcases.
5. What is the one thing Juan's daughter does NOT brag about to Esperanza?
(a) Having real beds.
(b) Living in a cabin.
(c) Running water in their home.
(d) Having electricity.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Mama sits Esperanza down in the cabin to talk to her, what is the essence of Mama's lecture to Esperanza?
2. What is one thing the workers do NOT find among asparagus bundles?
3. At the time of the harvest, how long had the Mexican revolution been over?
4. Where does Esperanza go with Miguel when they are alone in Chapter 13?
5. What word most accurately describes how everyone on the ranch feels about the presence of the visitors who seem to take over Papa's study?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)