|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Ramona?
(a) Esperanza's grandmother.
(b) Esperanza's best friend.
(c) The head housekeeper.
(d) Esperanza's mother.
2. What does Esperanza think will make the individual in the hospital feel better?
(a) For her to see Abuelita.
(b) More medicine.
(c) More sleep.
(d) Fresh air.
3. Chapter 10 is entitled "The Avocados." What is the significance of the avocados in this chapter?
(a) They are for salad.
(b) They are for guacamole.
(c) They are to soften Esperanza's hands.
(d) They are for raviolis.
4. When asparagus season begins and the truck arrives to take Esperanza, Hortensia, and Josefina to the field, what does a man have to protect them?
(a) Citizen papers.
(b) An umbrella.
(c) A gun.
(d) Rain ponchos.
5. What does the Orgeta relative visiting after the fire think Esperanza will learn at the school?
(b) Better manners.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Esperanza go with Miguel when they are alone in Chapter 13?
2. What is the name of the poor woman Mama befriends on the train?
3. What does Esperanza do to earn money once she is the only one in her family working?
4. If Ramona were to stay in Mexico and remain single, what would be her life situation?
5. When Esperanza brings the requested object to the hospital, what does it smell of?
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)