|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the treat Esperanza remembers from an earlier time in Zacatecas?
(b) A mango carved like a flower.
(c) New shoes.
(d) A burrito.
2. What does Esperanza do to keep warm while she works in Chapter 9?
(a) She puts a hot brick between her feet.
(b) She puts on extra blankets.
(c) She heats her socks before she starts.
(d) She sits near the fire.
3. What has happened to Papa's belt buckle since Papa's death?
(a) Tio Luis wears it.
(b) Esperanza has it.
(c) Mama has it with her religious statues.
(d) Abuelita keeps it with her rosary.
4. After Mama talks with Esperanza in the cabin, what does Esperanza promise her mother?
(a) That she not talking about having been rich.
(b) That she will treat Isabel kindly.
(c) That she will try to be happy.
(d) That she will try to learn English.
5. On the morning after the strike, of whom does Esperanza ask a favor?
Short Answer Questions
1. In the recollection that Hortensia told about bandits in the house, what did Miguel have in his pocket that proved useful?
2. At the time of this post-fire visit, what does the Ortega relative suggest will be an appropriate school for Esperanza?
3. What is Esperanza's very first reaction to seeing this person in Bakersfield?
4. What does the Orgeta relative visiting after the fire think Esperanza will learn at the school?
5. When Abuelita is trying to get out of the house in Chapter 3, what does she manage to grab and rescue?
This section contains 297 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)