|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 8, it is harvest time. What crop is the family harvesting?
2. Who made the first cut at harvest time?
(d) The mayor.
3. Who comes to check on the sick person during harvest time and give a diagnosis?
(a) An American doctor.
(b) The foreman's wife.
(c) A Mexican doctor.
(d) A nurse from the county.
4. How does Esperanza get back and forth to the camp from the hospital?
(a) In a wagon.
(b) In the doctor's car.
(c) In the truck.
(d) In a taxi.
5. On the wagon ride to the train station, why is Esperanza not permitted to ride with Miguel as she wants to?
(a) Because she has behaved like a spoiled child.
(b) Beause she is frail.
(c) Because women travelling at night is not deemed safe.
(d) Because there is no room.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Sixto?
2. When Mama and Esperanza pass through customs, what words are stamped on their documents?
3. On the night of this meeting about Papa's will, what news does Miguel have for Esperanza?
4. When Esperanza's first birthday morning visitor comes, what does he bring for her?
5. At the time of the harvest, how long had the Mexican revolution been over?
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)