|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. During their handiwork lesson in Chapter 1, what snack is brought to Esperanza and her grandmother?
2. Why couldn't Miguel work on the railroad in Mexico?
(a) He could not pass the test.
(b) He did not have the required lever.
(c) He had no recommendations.
(d) He did not have citizen papers.
3. After they all discuss family options in Chapter 3, what is Ramona's request of Alfonso?
(a) She wants to know if they will stay and start a new farm for her.
(b) She wants to know if she, Esperanza, and Abuelita can go with Alfonso to California.
(c) She wants to know if they will write her if they find a work for her.
(d) She wants to know if she can send Esperanza with them until she can join them.
4. Who is going to care for Abuelita until her ankle heals?
(a) The mother of Tio Luis.
(b) The mother of Tio Marco.
(c) The nuns.
(d) The editor of the local paper.
5. How does Esperanza get back and forth to the camp from the hospital?
(a) In the doctor's car.
(b) In the truck.
(c) In a wagon.
(d) In a taxi.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mama do for the child who interrupted Esperanza's playing on the train?
2. In Chapter 5, what is the name of the town from which Mama says they are from?
3. While the family is waiting for Papa to come in from the fields at the end of the day, who is it that the family worries about?
4. What detail about the camp makes Marta realize how little privacy she will have?
5. In Chapter 8, it is harvest time. What crop is the family harvesting?
This section contains 319 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)