|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is one detail of the luxurious train ride that Esperanza does NOT mention?
(a) Leather train seats.
(b) Soft mattresses in the sleeping compartments.
(c) People in fancy clothes.
(d) Silver and crystal in the dining car.
2. What word most accurately describes how everyone on the ranch feels about the presence of the visitors who seem to take over Papa's study?
3. What is Marta's attitude toward Esperanza?
(a) She is curious about Esperanza's clothes.
(b) She wants to learn etiquette from Esperanza.
(c) She resents Esperanza because of her former wealth.
(d) She is curious about Esperanza's way of speaking.
4. Mama seems to accept the situation, and once in the cabin, what does she do that Esperanza cannot understand?
(a) Mama starts cooking.
(b) Mama yells at her.
(c) Mama takes a nap.
(d) Mama sings.
5. What detail about the camp makes Marta realize how little privacy she will have?
(a) The row of public toilets.
(b) The large showers rooms.
(c) The large windows without curtains.
(d) The outdoor bath tubs.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Abuelita is trying to get out of the house in Chapter 3, what does she manage to grab and rescue?
2. What is it that Esperanza plays with on the train until interrupted by another child?
3. When Mama sits Esperanza down in the cabin to talk to her, what is the essence of Mama's lecture to Esperanza?
4. What is Juan's daughter's name?
5. What does the Orgeta relative visiting after the fire think Esperanza will learn at the school?
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)