|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Esperanza's last name?
(d) Saint Louis.
2. What is Juan's daughter's name?
3. After they all discuss family options in Chapter 3, what is Ramona's request of Alfonso?
(a) She wants to know if they will stay and start a new farm for her.
(b) She wants to know if they will write her if they find a work for her.
(c) She wants to know if she can send Esperanza with them until she can join them.
(d) She wants to know if she, Esperanza, and Abuelita can go with Alfonso to California.
4. After Esperanza's birthday, who is spending so much time in her father's study?
(a) Tio Luis and Tio Marco.
(b) Abuelita and Mama.
(c) Miguel and Alfonso.
(d) Miguel and Hortensia.
5. On the night of this meeting about Papa's will, what news does Miguel have for Esperanza?
(a) That he is will work on the ranch for nothing.
(b) That he and his family may have to move to the United States.
(c) That he got a scholarsip for private school in Mexico City.
(d) That his father wants to marry her mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the issue over which the Mexican Revolution was fought?
2. After Paa's will is explained, who offers to buy the house?
3. What handiwork does Abuelita teach Esperanza?
4. At the time of this post-fire visit, what does the Ortega relative suggest will be an appropriate school for Esperanza?
5. In Chapter 5, what is the name of the town from which Mama says they are from?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)