|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On the night of this meeting about Papa's will, Mama, Abuelita, Alfonso and Hortensia meet to discuss something. What do they discuss?
(a) Starting a winery.
(b) Whether or not the income from the grapes is enough to support the house.
(c) Esperanza and Miguel's future together.
(d) Esperanza's education.
2. While the family is waiting for Papa to come in from the fields at the end of the day, who is it that the family worries about?
3. After Esperanza's birthday, who is spending so much time in her father's study?
(a) Miguel and Hortensia.
(b) Abuelita and Mama.
(c) Miguel and Alfonso.
(d) Tio Luis and Tio Marco.
4. What is it that Esperanza plays with on the train until interrupted by another child?
(a) Her doll.
(b) Her puzzles.
(c) Her ivory chess set.
(d) Her mother's purse.
5. What was the issue over which the Mexican Revolution was fought?
(c) Waste managment.
(d) Landowners owning very large pieces of land.
Short Answer Questions
1. What picture does one of the frail beggar women carry who asks for money on the train?
2. Who is Hortensia?
3. What outstanding fact does Marta reveal about her father?
4. In the recollection that Hortensia told about bandits in the house, what did Miguel have in his pocket that proved useful?
5. After the fire, what is the reason for an Ortega relative's visit?
This section contains 305 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)