|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Esperanza is running out of the house in Chapter 3, what does she manage to grab and rescue?
(a) Her doll.
(b) Her crocheting.
(c) Her photo box.
(d) Her journal.
2. What was the treat Esperanza remembers from an earlier time in Zacatecas?
(a) A mango carved like a flower.
(b) A burrito.
(d) New shoes.
3. When Ramona discusses family choices with Hortensia and her family, where does Hortensia and her family make it known they are going?
(d) Mexico City.
4. On the journey to the train station, what is this wagon disguised as?
(a) A blacksmith's wagon.
(b) A chicken carrier.
(c) A farmer's produce wagon ready for market.
(d) A fiesta wagon.
5. What is Esperanza's reaction to the interruption of another child on the train?
(a) She shyly touches the girl's hand.
(b) She speaks only English to her.
(c) She slyly kicks the child so that no one will see.
(d) She puts away what she is playing with.
Short Answer Questions
1. Once on the train, how does Mama manage to keep busy?
2. When Chapter 3 begins, Esperanza is dreaming. What in her dream is trying to wake her?
3. What is one detail of the luxurious train ride that Esperanza does NOT mention?
4. On the night of this meeting about Papa's will, Mama, Abuelita, Alfonso and Hortensia meet to discuss something. What do they discuss?
5. In Chapter 5, what is the name of the town from which Mama says they are from?
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)