|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What word most accurately describes how everyone on the ranch feels about the presence of the visitors who seem to take over Papa's study?
2. What group of women help the Ortega's with their plan to survive and make a new life for themselves?
(a) A group of female farmers.
(b) A group female artists.
(c) A group of nuns.
(d) A group of female journalists.
3. In the myth that Abuelita reminds Esperanza of, what ultimately happens to the bird?
(a) He spreads peace wherever he goes.
(b) He sings a sweet, hopeful song that encourages others.
(c) His wide wings destroy all who threaten him.
(d) He is born again out of his ashes.
4. After Paa's will is explained, who offers to buy the house?
(a) Tio Marco.
(b) Tio Luis.
5. Who is Sixto?
(a) Esperanza's father.
(b) The mayor.
(c) The boss of the field workers.
(d) The son of one of the field workers.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Esperanza is in the garden, on what does she cut her finger?
2. What was the issue over which the Mexican Revolution was fought?
3. What is Abelitia's parting gift to Esperanza?
4. Who is the first person to arrive at Esperanza's on the morning of her birthday?
5. On the night of this meeting about Papa's will, Mama, Abuelita, Alfonso and Hortensia meet to discuss something. What do they discuss?
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)