|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What word most accurately describes how everyone on the ranch feels about the presence of the visitors who seem to take over Papa's study?
2. What is the purpose of two individuals spending so much time in Papa's study?
(a) They are looking for tools.
(b) They are going over the business of the ranch.
(c) They are tidying and repairing the room.
(d) They are looking for a will.
3. What does the Orgeta relative visiting after the fire think Esperanza will learn at the school?
(b) Better manners.
4. When Esperanza's first birthday morning visitor comes, what does he bring for her?
5. When Esperanza first arrives at the migrant workers camp, who does she hears speaking English?
(a) The foreman's daughter, Flora.
(b) The foreman's wife.
(c) The foreman.
Short Answer Questions
1. On Esperanza's day first day of work alone, what does she ruin?
2. What group of women help the Ortega's with their plan to survive and make a new life for themselves?
3. Who is going to care for Abuelita until her ankle heals?
4. In Chapter 8, who tells Esperanza that the strike that was planned for the next day will not take place?
5. To what does Esperanza compare their living style at this camp when they first arrive from Mexico?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)