|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On Esperanza's day first day of work alone, what does she ruin?
(a) The corn shucker.
(b) The babies' diapers.
(c) The bean pot.
(d) The tortilla press.
2. Esperanza gives the babies rice water to sip. From whom does she get this idea?
3. The title of Chapter 8 is Las Ciruelas, the plums. What is the significance of the plums in this chapter?
(a) The plums cause the babies' sickness.
(b) The plums are what she gives to a hungry child.
(c) The plums are what Esperanza shines and puts on the table.
(d) The plums are part of what Esperanza cooks for dinner.
4. What detail about the camp makes Marta realize how little privacy she will have?
(a) The large windows without curtains.
(b) The large showers rooms.
(c) The outdoor bath tubs.
(d) The row of public toilets.
5. If Ramona were to stay in Mexico and remain single, what would be her life situation?
(a) She would live in poverty.
(b) She would work for Tio Marco and live in the town.
(c) She would work for the government.
(d) She would be taken care of by Tio Luis and Tio Marco.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 8 at harvest time, how many days a week are the workers working?
2. On the truck ride when Marta talks about the workers' conditions and attempts to improve their lives, who is it that listens intently?
3. Who is Juan?
4. What does Marta's family do for a living?
5. In the myth that Abuelita reminds Esperanza of, what ultimately happens to the bird?
This section contains 302 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)