|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. During the harvest time, who becomes ill?
2. What is Abelitia's parting gift to Esperanza?
(a) A blanket.
(b) A scarf.
(c) A basket of figs.
(d) A poem.
3. When Mama and Esperanza pass through customs, what words are stamped on their documents?
(a) Mexican National.
(b) Second Class.
(c) Workers Approved.
(d) Immigrants Mexican.
4. If Ramona were to stay in Mexico and remain single, what would be her life situation?
(a) She would work for the government.
(b) She would live in poverty.
(c) She would be taken care of by Tio Luis and Tio Marco.
(d) She would work for Tio Marco and live in the town.
5. What detail about the camp makes Marta realize how little privacy she will have?
(a) The large windows without curtains.
(b) The large showers rooms.
(c) The row of public toilets.
(d) The outdoor bath tubs.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Esperanza wakes up on the morning of her birthday, what word accurately describes her how she feels?
2. What is the one thing Juan's daughter does NOT brag about to Esperanza?
3. In Chapter 8, it is harvest time. What crop is the family harvesting?
4. What news does Esperanza have for her first birthday morning visitor?
5. What group of women help the Ortega's with their plan to survive and make a new life for themselves?
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)