|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On the journey to the train station, what is this wagon disguised as?
(a) A blacksmith's wagon.
(b) A fiesta wagon.
(c) A farmer's produce wagon ready for market.
(d) A chicken carrier.
2. What was the treat Esperanza remembers from an earlier time in Zacatecas?
(b) A mango carved like a flower.
(c) New shoes.
(d) A burrito.
3. Why couldn't Miguel work on the railroad in Mexico?
(a) He did not have the required lever.
(b) He could not pass the test.
(c) He did not have citizen papers.
(d) He had no recommendations.
4. What do the travelers sit on in the train to California?
(a) Chicken crates.
(b) The floor of the car.
(c) Wooden seats.
(d) Their suitcases.
5. What is the name of the poor woman Mama befriends on the train?
Short Answer Questions
1. In the recollection that Hortensia told about bandits in the house, where did she say that she hid with Esperanza?
2. On the wagon ride to the train station, why is Esperanza not permitted to ride with Miguel as she wants to?
3. Once on the train, how does Mama manage to keep busy?
4. What does Isabel see at the party that she would like very much to have?
5. Chapter 10 is entitled "The Avocados." What is the significance of the avocados in this chapter?
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)