|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what book does Haley find a clue in Chapter 38?
2. What are the silhouette cards numbered that Charles receives after Haley joins Kyle's team?
3. Who told Mr. Lemoncello to wear the outfit he is wearing in Chapter 48?
4. in Chapter 47, when does Mr. Lemoncello come and announce an Extreme Challenge?
5. How much time does Kyle have to solve the Extreme Challenge?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Kyle retrieve the memory box?
2. In Chapter 39, what does Kyle think is the reason why Mr. Lemoncello wanted them to take a break from chasing clues?
3. What does Charles decide Clue Card #12 means?
4. Why do Kyle and his teammates stay in the Community Meeting Room when the doors open?
5. Why does Charles tell Andrew he doesn't trust Haley?
6. What happens just when Charles calls Kyle a loser?
7. How does Andrew switch library cards with Sierra?
8. Where did Haley hide the memory box?
9. What book does Mr. Lemoncello give Kyle's team and what do the different copies look like?
10. Why does Haley get a bonus in the 400s room?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The behavior of the contestants is positive and negative. Which characters behave positively and which behave negatively? Does their behavior influence their success so far?
Essay Topic 2
Charles behaves differently depending on who he is with. How does Charles act around adults and around his peers, and what does that indicate about him?
Essay Topic 3
Haley is not just the person she appears to be. Why does Haley pretend to be a ditzy princess when she is actually very smart?
This section contains 705 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)