|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mr. Lemoncello say that Charles' Uncle Jimmy reminds him of?
2. Where does Sierra find a bunch of new numbers at the end of Chapter 40?
3. What is Sierra reading in Chapter 42?
4. In Chapter 46, how many clues is Charles missing for the picture puzzle with the silhouette cards?
5. Who drops off the books that the contestants are given to read in Chapter 38?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 39, what does Kyle think is the reason why Mr. Lemoncello wanted them to take a break from chasing clues?
2. Why does Kyle request a Librarian Consultation in Chapter 29?
3. How does Andrew switch library cards with Sierra?
4. How does Sierra figure out that some of the codes they need are on the Wonder Dome?
5. When Haley leaves the room in Chapter 33, what does Charles tell Andrew that they need?
6. Why does Haley volunteer to do the Extreme Challenge?
7. What happens when Charles and Andrew play Let's Do a Deal?
8. How does Kyle retrieve the memory box?
9. Who does Charles tell Mrs. Tobin he wishes to speak to and why?
10. How does Mr. Lemoncello leave after he asks Charles what lifeline he wishes to use in Chapter 49?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Charles' team is not working together. In what way are the team members just working for themselves and why?
Essay Topic 2
Certain elements of the library are symbolic. What is the symbolism behind the front door and the lack of windows?
Essay Topic 3
It doesn't seem fair that Kyle's team suffers the same punishment as Charles' team and is locked out of the Dewey Decimal Rooms. Why is it fair for Kyle's team to be locked out and why is it a reward for them?
This section contains 844 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)