Eight Week Quiz G
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Appendix: Character and the Social Process.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does the individual submit to when conforming?
(b) He does not submit.
(d) A powerful leader.
2. Why did the middle class see an increase in white-collar workers?
(b) Increased education.
(c) Political reform.
(d) Big business expansion.
3. In what country did John Calvin's Protestant movement get started?
4. What is one false theory about why the Nazis came to power?
(a) The Nazi party was the least popular.
(b) The Nazi party rigged elections.
(c) The German people wanted the Nazi party to rise to power.
(d) The Nazis came to power via a strong political figure who coerced society.
5. What new economic system grew out of the Reformation?
(c) Working class domination.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does an individual conform to society?
2. In the chapter "Freedom and Democracy," how does a person develop individuality?
3. What was a key factor to the changes taking place in Europe at the close of the Middle Ages?
4. What does Fromm identify as the main motive for human behavior?
5. Who wrote the book "The Protestant Ethic and the Spirit of Capitalism"?
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)