Eight Week Quiz A
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Emergence of the Individual and the Ambiguity of Freedom.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What psychological behavior was the main theme of Hitler's ideology?
(d) Empathy for others.
2. Who described moral isolation in "The Inventor's Suffering"?
3. What does Fromm cite as an example of dynamic adaptation?
4. What develops as a child grows and primary ties are cut?
(a) The desire for freedom and independence increases.
(b) The desire for freedom and independence remains unchanged.
(c) There is no correlation.
(d) The desire for freedom and independence decreases.
5. According to Freud, how is man best described?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is NOT a way in which a child grows during the individuation process?
2. What is a consequence for man eating the forbidden fruit?
3. What is static adaptation?
4. What reason does Fromm cite for the rise of authoritarian leaders like Hitler?
5. What time period did the process of individuation reach its peak?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)