Four Week Quiz A
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Freedom in the Age of Reformation.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Calvin, what does leading a virtuous life alleviate?
2. According to Fromm's animal kingdom analogy, why is man so helpless at birth?
(a) Man relies on learning in order to adapt to nature.
(b) Man is disconnected from his fellow man.
(c) Man is disconnected from nature.
(d) Man needs others to guide him.
3. Whose work about a ten-year-old child's awareness of self does Fromm reference?
(d) R. Hughes.
4. What outlined most new freedoms of the Reformation?
(a) The wealthy class.
(b) Religious doctrines.
(c) The economy.
(d) The arts.
5. What is NOT mentioned as a possible consequence for dynamic adaptation?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did the Renaissance begin?
2. What factor became the greatest social influence during the Renaissance?
3. What social force does man rely on from others?
4. Which writer recognized man's lust for power?
5. Why would Fromm view the action of man eating the forbidden fruit as a positive act?
This section contains 189 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)