|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Mechanisms of Escape.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is it possible for people to conform without their knowledge?
(a) It is not possible.
(b) People want to belong.
(c) People think their thoughts are their own, but they have come from another source.
(d) They do so subconsciously.
2. What do masochistic people seek?
(a) They want to submit to a stronger person.
(b) They want to dominate a stronger person.
(c) They want to both submit and dominate.
(d) They want to dominate a weaker person.
3. What does Fromm cite as an example of dynamic adaptation?
4. Where did the Renaissance begin?
(d) United States.
5. What political ideology is reinforced by an authoritarian character?
Short Answer Questions
1. What biblical myth does Fromm reference?
2. According to Freud, how is man best described?
3. Which of the following did man NOT have to face while living in Eden?
4. What is man's "biological weakness"?
5. What word best describes the idea where man "strives for submission and domination"?
This section contains 186 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)