|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Mechanisms of Escape.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What political ideology did Nietzsche find nihilism intertwined with?
2. Which of the following did man NOT have to face while living in Eden?
3. What psychological approach did Fromm take with his work?
(a) Social psychological.
4. Where did the Renaissance begin?
(b) United States.
5. Why does Fromm suggest analyzing psychological mechanisms in individuals?
(a) Fromm believes it will lead to more freedom.
(b) It enables man to improve himself.
(c) It helps understand society.
(d) He uses it to draw conclusions about the group(s) one belongs to.
Short Answer Questions
1. What factor became the greatest social influence during the Renaissance?
2. What social force does man rely on from others?
3. According to the Catholic Church, what corrupts man?
4. Who accompanied Robinson Crusoe on his adventures?
5. Which of the following does Fromm NOT mention when discussing the definition of freedom?
This section contains 180 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)