|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Mechanisms of Escape.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to primary ties once they are cut?
(a) Primary ties cannot be cut.
(b) They can be mended if man gives up his freedom.
(c) They cannot be mended.
(d) They become secondary ties.
2. What new economic system grew out of the Reformation?
(b) Working class domination.
3. Which of the following was NOT a restriction during the Middle Ages?
(a) Artisans could sell at any price.
(b) Man could change his social order.
(c) Man could move anywhere he wanted.
(d) Man could change his dress attire.
4. According to Freud, how is man best described?
5. What drives man's struggle for self-promotion?
(a) The lack of love for one's self.
Short Answer Questions
1. What reason does Fromm cite for the rise of authoritarian leaders like Hitler?
2. What social force does man rely on from others?
3. What group of people fought in battles for freedom, as identified by Fromm?
4. What does Fromm identify as the main motive for human behavior?
5. Why does an individual adapt to a new situation and habit?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)