|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Mechanisms of Escape.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who described the fearful individual as tormented by self-doubt?
2. What economic related problem led to feelings of individual powerlessness?
(a) High taxes.
(b) Trade unions.
3. What relationship connects oneself to the world without compromising individuality?
(a) Work and family.
(b) Man and society.
(c) Religion and society.
(d) Man and nature.
4. Which of the following did man NOT have to face while living in Eden?
5. Which great thinker does Fromm NOT credit in his book?
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose work about a ten-year-old child's awareness of self does Fromm reference?
2. Which writer recognized man's lust for power?
3. Why does Fromm suggest analyzing psychological mechanisms in individuals?
4. Why is it possible for people to conform without their knowledge?
5. What does Fromm call the political freedoms associated with capitalism?
This section contains 206 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)