|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Mechanisms of Escape.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does man suffer from eating the forbidden fruit?
(a) He does not suffer.
(b) He feels greedy.
(c) He believes that what he did was wrong.
(d) He feels separated from nature and alone.
2. According to Fromm, what competing forces does man struggle with?
(a) Money and loyalty.
(b) Individuality and freedom.
(c) Fairness and greed.
(d) Ego and modesty.
3. What do sadists seek?
(a) They seek to be dominated.
(b) They avoid dominance.
(c) They seek submission.
(d) They seek to dominate others.
4. According to Fromm, what religious thinking helps society prepare for capitalism?
5. Who described moral isolation in "The Inventor's Suffering"?
Short Answer Questions
1. What biblical myth does Fromm reference?
2. What word best describes the idea where man "strives for submission and domination"?
3. What is static adaptation?
4. Where did the Renaissance begin?
5. What characteristic identified people during the Middle Ages?
This section contains 214 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)