|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Mechanisms of Escape.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What weaknesses do sadists and masochists compensate for?
(c) Lack of money.
(d) Isolation and fear.
2. What social class found Lutheranism the most appealing?
(a) Upper Class.
(b) Lower Class.
(c) Middle Class.
3. What contradiction of freedom does Fromm discuss in his book?
(a) Man is more independent but also more isolated.
(b) Man has no increased isolation or independence.
(c) Man is equally isolated and independent.
(d) Man is more isolated but less independent.
4. Whose work about a ten-year-old child's awareness of self does Fromm reference?
(a) R. Hughes.
5. Which of the following does Fromm NOT mention when discussing the definition of freedom?
(a) Freedom can be a threat.
(b) For some, freedom is cherished.
(c) Freedom is the absence of pressure.
(d) Freedom is easily attained.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is NOT mentioned as a possible consequence for dynamic adaptation?
2. What is the name of Franz Kafka's work that Fromm references in his book?
3. In the description of Emily's self-discovery, what did she examine when sitting on her perch?
4. Where did the Renaissance begin?
5. Why would Fromm view the action of man eating the forbidden fruit as a positive act?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)