|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Mechanisms of Escape.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What goal does Fromm identify as the "abolition of external domination"?
(a) A harmonious society.
(b) Obedience to a leader.
(c) Freedom of the individual.
(d) Freedom for the group.
2. What is static adaptation?
(a) The habit is modified but not changed completely.
(b) When an existing structure is only partially changed.
(c) Adaptation that requires no change.
(d) The adoption of a new habit.
3. What political ideology is reinforced by an authoritarian character?
4. What time period did the process of individuation reach its peak?
(a) The Renaissance.
(b) The Middle Ages.
(c) The centuries between the Reformation and present day.
(d) Biblical times.
5. What social class found Lutheranism the most appealing?
(a) Upper Class.
(b) Middle Class.
(c) Lower Class.
Short Answer Questions
1. What changes in a child's relationship to society during the individuation process?
2. What group of people fought in battles for freedom, as identified by Fromm?
3. Which of the following was NOT a restriction during the Middle Ages?
4. What weaknesses do sadists and masochists compensate for?
5. Which workers was the medieval economy based on?
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)