|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Mechanisms of Escape.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How has the role of the "boss" changed in the modern world?
(a) The boss has a less personal role and is more anonymous.
(b) The boss is more involved.
(c) The boss works alongside his workers.
(d) There is no boss.
2. What is a consequence for man eating the forbidden fruit?
(a) There is discord between man and nature.
(b) Man lost his family.
(c) Man is at peace with nature.
(d) Man lost freedom.
3. Who described the fearful individual as tormented by self-doubt?
4. What biblical myth does Fromm reference?
(a) Joseph and his brothers.
(b) Noah's Ark.
(c) Moses receiving the Ten Commandments.
(d) Man's explusion from paradise.
5. How did man view himself and nature during the Renaissance?
(a) They were together.
(b) They were indifferent to one another.
(c) They were separate.
(d) They relied on each other.
Short Answer Questions
1. What word best describes the idea where man "strives for submission and domination"?
2. Who described moral isolation in "The Inventor's Suffering"?
3. What advantage do animals have over man when entering the world?
4. Why was medieval man in bondage?
5. What church dominated religion during the Middle Ages?
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)