|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Mechanisms of Escape.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did capitalism change the role of individuals?
(a) It took away their freedoms.
(b) It turned them into consumers.
(c) It turned them against making money.
(d) It gave them more freedom.
2. What do masochistic people seek?
(a) They want to both submit and dominate.
(b) They want to dominate a weaker person.
(c) They want to dominate a stronger person.
(d) They want to submit to a stronger person.
3. What is individuation?
(a) The growing process of the individual.
(b) When an individual loses his identity to the group.
(c) The process by which the group singles out an individual.
(d) A time when an individual gives up his individuality.
4. Where did the Renaissance begin?
(c) United States.
5. Which workers was the medieval economy based on?
(d) Craftsmen and merchants.
Short Answer Questions
1. What political tool was used to influence an individual who was voting?
2. What war do many consider to be ultimate victory for freedom, according to Fromm?
3. What is automaton conformity?
4. Fromm likens man's sin of eating the forbidden fruit to what act?
5. What biblical myth does Fromm reference?
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)