|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Mechanisms of Escape.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What word best describes the idea where man "strives for submission and domination"?
2. What is the original self?
(a) Self that does not think.
(b) Self that thinks like the leader.
(c) Self that originates its own mental activities.
(d) Self that thinks like society.
3. What did Luther teach about man?
(a) He is inherently corrupt.
(b) He is moral.
(c) He is an individual.
(d) He is not free.
4. What economic related problem led to feelings of individual powerlessness?
(b) High taxes.
(d) Trade unions.
5. How did Luther define selfishness?
(d) Ignoring religion.
Short Answer Questions
1. What religions attracted the middle class during the Renaissance?
2. What characteristic identified people during the Middle Ages?
3. How did capitalism change the role of individuals?
4. What group of people fought in battles for freedom, as identified by Fromm?
5. What is man's "biological weakness"?
This section contains 209 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)