|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Mechanisms of Escape.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Fromm say increases a child's emotional state?
2. What feelings increase when automatic behaviors, like conformity, exist?
(a) Love and honesty.
(b) Freedom and integrity.
(c) Power and greed.
(d) Fear and isolation.
3. What factor became the greatest social influence during the Renaissance?
4. What political ideology did John Dewey discuss?
5. What goal does Fromm identify as the "abolition of external domination"?
(a) Freedom for the group.
(b) A harmonious society.
(c) Obedience to a leader.
(d) Freedom of the individual.
Short Answer Questions
1. What reason does Fromm cite for the rise of authoritarian leaders like Hitler?
2. What social class found Lutheranism the most appealing?
3. Which workers was the medieval economy based on?
4. Why does Fromm suggest analyzing psychological mechanisms in individuals?
5. In "Freedom-A Psychological Problem," how does Fromm define work?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)