|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Mechanisms of Escape.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is it possible for people to conform without their knowledge?
(a) People think their thoughts are their own, but they have come from another source.
(b) People want to belong.
(c) It is not possible.
(d) They do so subconsciously.
2. What political ideology did Nietzsche find nihilism intertwined with?
3. What social class found Lutheranism the most appealing?
(a) Lower Class.
(b) Middle Class.
(d) Upper Class.
4. Who described the fearful individual as tormented by self-doubt?
5. What political ideology is a historical example of authoritarian mechanism?
Short Answer Questions
1. What contradiction of freedom does Fromm discuss in his book?
2. What is the term Fromm uses to describe an individual act that does not compromise one's integrity?
3. Why was medieval man in bondage?
4. What is the name of Franz Kafka's work that Fromm references in his book?
5. What did the new wealthy class seek during the Renaissance?
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)