|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Mechanisms of Escape.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What political tool was used to influence an individual who was voting?
(b) Voting blocs.
(c) Political propaganda.
2. What does Fromm identify as the main motive for human behavior?
(a) Individual freedom.
(c) Group belonging.
3. What political ideology did Nietzsche find nihilism intertwined with?
4. What outlined most new freedoms of the Reformation?
(a) The arts.
(b) The economy.
(c) The wealthy class.
(d) Religious doctrines.
5. What practice does Fromm cite evidence that an individual's thoughts could be suggested by someone else?
(a) Electroshock therapy.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the servant of capitalism?
2. What is NOT mentioned as a possible consequence for dynamic adaptation?
3. Where did the Renaissance begin?
4. What is the term Fromm uses to describe an individual act that does not compromise one's integrity?
5. What group of people fought in battles for freedom, as identified by Fromm?
This section contains 169 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)