|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Mechanisms of Escape.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What economic related problem led to feelings of individual powerlessness?
(b) High taxes.
(d) Trade unions.
2. What does Fromm cite as an example of dynamic adaptation?
3. What is the term Fromm uses to describe an individual act that does not compromise one's integrity?
(a) Negative freedom.
(b) Positive acts.
(c) Positive freedom.
(d) Positive individuality.
4. What social class found Lutheranism the most appealing?
(a) Lower Class.
(b) Middle Class.
(d) Upper Class.
5. What drives man's struggle for self-promotion?
(d) The lack of love for one's self.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which writer recognized man's lust for power?
2. What religions attracted the middle class during the Renaissance?
3. What psychological behavior was the main theme of Hitler's ideology?
4. What do both societies and individuals possess that make them unique?
5. How did capitalism change the role of individuals?
This section contains 178 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)