|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Tezuman stonemasons make a new statue of?
2. What is Rincewind able to convince a Tsortean café owner is another country?
3. Who is the first character introduced in the novel?
4. What is the name of the single cracked bell in the University bell tower?
5. What does Rincewind offer to Quirm as a parting gift?
Short Essay Questions
1. What event outside the Tsort gates leaves Rincewind and Eric unguarded?
2. How does Rincewind escape the Dungeon Dimensions?
3. Describe how the Tezuman kingdom looks as Rincewind and Eric exit the jungle.
4. Describe the university library.
5. What are Rincewind's reasons for giving the parrot away?
6. What are Eric's concerns about the world when he and Rincewind are viewing the Disc from above?
7. What are Eric's first three requests to Rincewind?
8. Describe Death.
9. Why is the Council of Wizardry hesitant to try the Rite of AshkEnte?
10. How does Rincewind unintentionally aid the Ephebian army?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain why "Eric" qualifies as a farce. Describe how specific situations, characters, settings, dialogue and narrative fit the genre description. Which of these aspects best fits the genre?
Essay Topic 2
Examine Rincewind's role as the main character.
Part One: Determine if Rincewind's role is that of a hero or an anti-hero. Use of examples of his actions to defend your stance.
Part Two: Is there a character, other than Rincewind, that makes a better hero than he? Explain the character's qualifying traits.
Part Three: Is there a clear antagonist to Rincewind's plight? Is the antagonist always the same character?
Essay Topic 3
Examine Astfgl as a leader. Determine if he is a respected and successful leader.
a) Describe his successes.
b) Describe his failures.
c) How do demons behave in his presence? How do demons view him and his policies?
d) What is main goal as leader? What steps does he take to achieve his goal?
e) What qualities does he have that other demons lack?
f) How does he bring about his own downfall?
This section contains 760 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)