|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What problem does Saphira face when the storm hits her?
2. Why are the elves called the fair people?
3. After Brom first sees the mark on Eragon's hand what does Brom do as Eragon walks away?
4. What does Sloan do when Eragon tells him he found the egg in the Spine?
5. What does Brom give Eragon a pebble for?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Brom tell Eragon about the first Dragon Rider?
2. Describe Eragon's dream while he was passed out?
3. What does Brom tell Eragon when Eragon demands to know who was the Dragon Rider that owned the elven made sword Brom gave him?
4. What does Brom tell Eragon when Eragon asks about the conversation he heard Brom and Jeod having about Brom being in Carvahall.
5. Why does Eragon try to keep Saphira a secret from his family?
6. Explain Eragon's feelings when he first found the stone.
7. What does Horst advise Eragon to do after the strangers arrive asking questions about the blue stone?
8. What does Brom tell Eragon about the magic that Eragon used to defeat the Urgals?
9. What does Brom tell Eragon in reference to reading other people's minds?
10. What does Eragon notice when he looks in the mirror in the chapter "The Witch and the Werecat?"
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
1) When Eragon first realizes that the girl from his dreams is real he is surprised. Why is Eragon so quick to become seemingly protective of a girl he doesn't know.
2) Why does Eragon and Saphira both fear so much for her life? Are Saphira's feelings towards the girl swayed by Eragon's feelings of her?
Essay Topic 2
Why is it so important to Eragon to keep control of his future? Would Eragon have been as accepting of going with Arya if the Mourning Sage had not come to Eragon after Eragon's battle with Durza? Explain.
Essay Topic 3
Eragon first believes Brom to be nothing more than an old story teller. Explain the progression of their relationship. What did Brom accomplish by not telling Eragon who Brom really was?
This section contains 1,031 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)