|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Brom say the struggle between the Varden and the Empire is over?
2. What is the first thing that Brom and Eragon notice when they near the city of Yazuac?
3. Who is the only person that Sloan seems to care for?
4. What happens when Eragon rides Saphira for the first time?
5. What does Eragon NOT hit his strange stone with when he returns home after talking with the traders?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Eragon's feelings when he knows that they are leaving Teirn to head for Dras-Leona.
2. What happens as Eragon is taking his uncle the last of the way into town?
3. What does Horst advise Eragon to do after the strangers arrive asking questions about the blue stone?
4. Explain Eragon's feelings when he first found the stone.
5. What does Eragon notice when he looks in the mirror in the chapter "The Witch and the Werecat?"
6. What does Roran tell Eragon that upsets him in "A Name of Power?"
7. What does the trader reveal about the stone when Eragon and Garrow take it to him?
8. In the chapter titled "An Old Friend" describe what Brom says is the best way to help keep Roran safe?
9. What happens when Eragon is trapped by the two Urgals in the alleyway in Yazuac?
10. Describe Eragon's dream while he was passed out?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Eragon fights the Shade and after killing him Eragon has many of the Shade's memories.
1) Does this change Eragon's perception of the Shade?
2) Is it possible that there had been any of the young boy left that the Shade had taken over?
Essay Topic 2
There are several different instances of foreshadowing in Eragon.
1) Pick three pieces of foreshadowing in the book to write about and explain what it is that they foreshadow.
2) Pick at least one other thing in the story that appears to be foreshadowing but doesn't reveal itself in this book of the series. What is it possibly pointing at? Explain.
Essay Topic 3
1) Speculate on the reasons that Angela came to Farthen Dyr. Are they the same reasons that Solembum came?
2) Does Angela know more than she tells Eragon?
3) Explain Angela's role in the story.
This section contains 968 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)