|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Brom say is the name of those that could do such things to the people in Yazuac?
2. Who is it that Eragon listens to as he tells the story of the dragon riders?
3. What explanation does Brom give Eragon as to why he wants to travel with him?
4. What started the war between the elves and the dragons?
5. What does Eragon feel while in the air with Saphira?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Eragon's feelings when he knows that they are leaving Teirn to head for Dras-Leona.
2. Why does Brom tell Eragon that he must be careful while tracking the Ra'zac that killed Garrow?
3. What does Brom tell Eragon when Eragon asks about the conversation he heard Brom and Jeod having about Brom being in Carvahall.
4. Describe the experience that Eragon has when he is able to share Saphira's feelings while in flight?
5. Describe the dragon's appearance after emerging from its egg.
6. How is Eragon treated when he enters Sloan's butcher shop?
7. What does Brom tell Eragon in reference to reading other people's minds?
8. Explain Eragon's feelings when he first found the stone.
9. Describe the winter season as Brom and Eragon find it in Teirm.
10. What is Angela able to tell Eragon about his future when she reads the dragon bones?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
There are several different instances of foreshadowing in Eragon.
1) Pick three pieces of foreshadowing in the book to write about and explain what it is that they foreshadow.
2) Pick at least one other thing in the story that appears to be foreshadowing but doesn't reveal itself in this book of the series. What is it possibly pointing at? Explain.
Essay Topic 2
Murtagh isn't willing to let the Twins into his mind. Explain what he likely meant when he said that his mind is the last sanctuary he has? Would Murtagh ever have consented to letting the Twins into his mind? Is it understandable that the Varden are so careful and protective?
Essay Topic 3
1) When Eragon first realizes that the girl from his dreams is real he is surprised. Why is Eragon so quick to become seemingly protective of a girl he doesn't know.
2) Why does Eragon and Saphira both fear so much for her life? Are Saphira's feelings towards the girl swayed by Eragon's feelings of her?
This section contains 1,174 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)