|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Eragon when he dreams of the woman chained in her cell?
2. What had Eragon decided he was going to do with the stone just before it hatched?
3. Who does Brom admit to Eragon that Brom's "friends" are?
4. What does the trader Merlock specialize in?
5. What do Brom and Eragon ride past after leaving Therinsford?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Eragon treated when he enters Sloan's butcher shop?
2. Describe Eragon's dream while he was passed out?
3. Explain Eragon's feelings when he first found the stone.
4. Describe the dragon's appearance after emerging from its egg.
5. What happens as Eragon is taking his uncle the last of the way into town?
6. Describe Eragon's feelings when he knows that they are leaving Teirn to head for Dras-Leona.
7. What does Brom tell Eragon when Eragon asks about the conversation he heard Brom and Jeod having about Brom being in Carvahall.
8. Describe the sword that is given to Eragon by Brom.
9. What happens when Eragon is trapped by the two Urgals in the alleyway in Yazuac?
10. Describe the relationship between the Shade and the Urgals.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Eragon and Saphira share a bond and care deeply for each other. Saphira worries about Eragon's safety and he continually worries for her. Explain the concern that each feels for the other. Is one more reasonable to worry about the other? Explain.
Essay Topic 2
There are several different instances of foreshadowing in Eragon.
1) Pick three pieces of foreshadowing in the book to write about and explain what it is that they foreshadow.
2) Pick at least one other thing in the story that appears to be foreshadowing but doesn't reveal itself in this book of the series. What is it possibly pointing at? Explain.
Essay Topic 3
1) When Eragon first realizes that the girl from his dreams is real he is surprised. Why is Eragon so quick to become seemingly protective of a girl he doesn't know.
2) Why does Eragon and Saphira both fear so much for her life? Are Saphira's feelings towards the girl swayed by Eragon's feelings of her?
This section contains 1,051 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)