|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who warns Eragon when they are in danger of being discovered in the castle?
2. Why does Saphira refuse to get Eragon when he calls her while he is talking to Brom?
3. What does NOT happen when Eragon touches the dragon?
4. What creature surprises Eragon when he goes into Angela's shop?
5. What happens to the Urgals?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Brom tell Eragon about the magic that Eragon used to defeat the Urgals?
2. What does the trader reveal about the stone when Eragon and Garrow take it to him?
3. What does Horst advise Eragon to do after the strangers arrive asking questions about the blue stone?
4. Describe the relationship between the Shade and the Urgals.
5. Why does Eragon try to keep Saphira a secret from his family?
6. Describe Eragon's feelings when he knows that they are leaving Teirn to head for Dras-Leona.
7. Explain Eragon's feelings when he first found the stone.
8. Why does Brom tell Eragon that he must be careful while tracking the Ra'zac that killed Garrow?
9. What does Brom tell Eragon about the first Dragon Rider?
10. What happens as Eragon is taking his uncle the last of the way into town?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
1) When Eragon first realizes that the girl from his dreams is real he is surprised. Why is Eragon so quick to become seemingly protective of a girl he doesn't know.
2) Why does Eragon and Saphira both fear so much for her life? Are Saphira's feelings towards the girl swayed by Eragon's feelings of her?
Essay Topic 2
1) List the mythical creatures found in the story.
2) In what ways are these creatures alike? In what ways are they different?
3) Are Solembum and Saphira viewed more as people or more like pets? explain.
Essay Topic 3
Eragon seemed sure that Angela was talking of Roran's death and Roran's betrayal when she read the dragon's bones.
1) Should Eragon have been able to see that there was a death other than Roran's in his future?
2) Is it possible that someone other than Roran will be the one to betray Eragon?
This section contains 970 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)