|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Brom tell Eragon a wizard waits on before they begin in a wizard's duel?
(a) To think of a wonderful spell
(b) To find the center peace within one's self
(c) To breach the opponents mind
(d) For the bell to ring
2. Why does Angela say that she wants to be in Farthen Dur?
(a) She wanted to see the dragon
(b) She came to warn Eragon of troubling news
(c) She has family that are member of the Varden
(d) She wants to be where important things are happening
3. What does Ayra tell Eragon that he needs to do if they don't reach the Varden in time to save her?
(a) Bury her where she dies
(b) Contact her agian so she can give Eragon information
(c) Cremate her body
(d) Send her body to the elves
4. What does Saphira say about the desert when they finally reach Hadarac?
(a) She feels like it is watching them
(b) It is omnious
(c) She thinks that something is beneath the sand
(d) She feels she was meant for the desert
5. What does Murtagh say about the path leading through the Hadarac Desert?
(a) It will be easy
(b) It is a desperate path
(c) It is full of slave traders
(d) He has friends there
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Saphira and the others watch run by when they reach the edge of the Hadarac Desert?
2. What does Arya tell Eragon that makes him feel that he is not in control of his own destiny?
3. Why does Murtagh explain that he didn't remove Eragon's chains?
4. Where does Murtagh hit the Shade with his arrow?
5. What is Eragon told will happen if he doesn't willingly submit to the mind probing?
Short Essay Questions
1. In the chapter "Diamond Tomb" what does Eragon find curious about Murtagh?
2. What explanation do Eragon and Saphira give to King Hrothgar when he asks them why they are with the Verdan and choose to side against the Empire?
3. Explain Eragon's feelings when Murtagh first says that he wants to ride with him.
4. When Eragon and Saphira first enter the Hadarac Desert what does Saphira tell Eragon about the desert?
5. Why is Brom so angry with Eragon after Eragon had insulted the Urgal's master and let them live?
6. Describe the magical test that the Twins put Eragon through.
7. When Eragon awakes in a cell in the chapter "Du Sundavar Freohr" what does Eragon realize?
8. What reason does Murtagh give for killing Torkenbrand?
9. What does Angela explain was the curse Brom carried?
10. Explain Eragon's reaction when he is able to call forth an image of the young girl he has been seeing in his dreams?
This section contains 1,160 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)