|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Saphira tell Eragon is his only true guide?
(a) Their destiny
(b) The words of his uncle
(c) His head
(d) His heart
2. What does NOT happen when Eragon touches the dragon?
(a) He is unable to move for a time
(b) He is left with a white oval on his palm
(c) Energy burns up his arm
(d) He begins to convulse
3. What does Jeod tell the guards when they are seen outside the records room in the castle?
(a) They were returning a document
(b) They got lost
(c) They saw a cat
(d) They have permission to look over the records
4. What does Brom do while crossing the bridge on the way to Therinsford?
(a) Steals food
(b) Catches a fish
(c) Steals a man's money purse
(d) Pushes a thief into the water
5. What does Brom tell Eragon to start mind reading on first because they are more interesting?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Horst tell Eragon they found that troubled the men?
2. What does Brom hand Eragon when they make camp and tell him to defend himself with?
3. What does Brom tell Eragon is very dangerous and would kill any Rider if they attempted it?
4. Why are the elves called the fair people?
5. What does Eragon and Brom decide to do in order to find the Ra'zac?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Brom tell Eragon when Eragon asks about the conversation he heard Brom and Jeod having about Brom being in Carvahall.
2. Describe Eragon's first flight on Saphira.
3. Why does Eragon try to keep Saphira a secret from his family?
4. Describe how things are for Eragon, Brom and Saphira once the storm has passed.
5. What does the trader reveal about the stone when Eragon and Garrow take it to him?
6. What does Eragon notice when he looks in the mirror in the chapter "The Witch and the Werecat?"
7. Describe the sword that is given to Eragon by Brom.
8. How is Eragon treated when he enters Sloan's butcher shop?
9. Describe the experience that Eragon has when he is able to share Saphira's feelings while in flight?
10. In the chapter titled "An Old Friend" describe what Brom says is the best way to help keep Roran safe?
This section contains 1,091 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)