|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why are the elves called the fair people?
(a) They are fair skinned with light hair
(b) They are more graceful than people
(c) They are just and fair with all
(d) They love a good carnival
2. What creature surprises Eragon when he goes into Angela's shop?
3. What do Brom and Eragon ride past after leaving Therinsford?
(a) An old Dragon Rider outpost
(b) The place where elves and dragons first made peace
(c) The place of the first dragon's birth
(d) An old dragon lair
4. What does Sloan do when Eragon tells him he found the egg in the Spine?
(a) Tell's Eragon to get out
(b) Breaks the egg
(c) Doubles the price offered
(d) Spits on Eragon
5. What does Saphira tell Eragon is his only true guide?
(a) The words of his uncle
(b) Their destiny
(c) His heart
(d) His head
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Saphira do when Brom begins to beat Eragon?
2. What did Saphira do with the eagle she caught?
3. What is the first thing that Brom and Eragon notice when they near the city of Yazuac?
4. Why does Eragon decide to have his future read by Angela?
5. What is Angela, the herbalist, holding when Brom and Eragon ask her where Joed lives?
Short Essay Questions
1. What lie does Eragon tell Horst happened at the farm?
2. What happens when Eragon is trapped by the two Urgals in the alleyway in Yazuac?
3. What does Brom tell Eragon about the magic that Eragon used to defeat the Urgals?
4. What does Brom tell Eragon in reference to reading other people's minds?
5. What is Angela able to tell Eragon about his future when she reads the dragon bones?
6. Describe the relationship between the Shade and the Urgals.
7. What makes Eragon decide to bury the stone?
8. What does the trader reveal about the stone when Eragon and Garrow take it to him?
9. Describe the dragon's appearance after emerging from its egg.
10. Describe the experience that Eragon has when he is able to share Saphira's feelings while in flight?
This section contains 1,089 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)