|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Murtagh show Eragon in an attempt to prove that he holds no loyalty to Morzan or to Galbatorix?
(a) The images of Morzan killing Murtagh's mother
(b) A letter decreed by Galbatorix for Murtagh's death
(c) A secrete hand shake
(d) A scar on his back made by Morzan
2. What is the last thing that Eragon has Saphira hide in his memories?
(a) The death of his uncle
(b) His feelings for Arya
(c) Eragon's mother's name
(d) Murtagh's true identity
3. What does Eragon find on the elf's body while trying to heal her wounds?
(a) The mark of the unforgiven
(b) Galbatorix's name on her back
(c) Tatoo on her shoulder
(d) Prison ink
4. When they are out of the Hadarac Desert what does Eragon decide to do to try and save the elf?
(a) Send her with Saphira to a neighboring city
(b) Call forth spirits to guid him
(c) Feed her chewed up food
(d) Connect with her mind through his powers
5. What do the Varden say was Arya's position when they pull her off of Saphira?
(a) Dragon-egg courier
(b) Magician to Galbatorix
(c) The daughter of Ajihad
(d) Traitor to the elves
6. What does Murtagh say is the reason he can't let the Twins into his mind?
(a) There are secret memories
(b) His mind is to weak
(c) It is his last sanctuary
(d) It hurts too much
7. Who saves Eragon's sanity from the Shade's memories?
(a) Mourning Sage
8. What one subject do both Eragon and Murtagh avoid while traveling?
(a) The death of Brom
(b) Their past
(c) Their athletes foot
(d) The future at the Varden
9. What does Murtagh say about the path leading through the Hadarac Desert?
(a) It is full of slave traders
(b) It will be easy
(c) It is a desperate path
(d) He has friends there
10. What does Ajihad say is the only way to kill a Shade?
(a) Shoot it in the eye
(b) Stab it in the heart
(c) Throw it into lava
(d) Take it's medalion of power
11. What does Eragon realize the Twins are trying to do when they ask him to perform a piece of magic?
(a) Make him angry
(b) Find out his limits
(c) Make him look stupid
(d) Listen to his words
12. What does Eragon accuse Saphira of when she comments on Arya's shapeless form?
(a) Being cranky
(b) Having a bad sense of humor
(c) Disliking Arya
(d) Being jelous
13. What does Eragon think he will see when he tries to call forth a picture of the woman he has seen in his dreams?
(a) His own consciousness
(b) His mother
(c) His home
(d) Whatever the dream represents
14. What does Saphira rightly accuse Eragon of when he contacts her to tell her of their plans?
(a) Being with a woman
15. What do they see while in the Hadarac Desert that makes them feel tiny and awe struck?
(a) Beor Mountains
(b) Varden's refuge
(c) Dragon statues
(d) Mighty oaks
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hrothgar tell Eragon about Orik that surprises Eragon?
2. Who arrives and stops the Twin's testing of Eragon?
3. Why does Murtagh advise against removing Brom's bandages?
4. Who is Eragon surprised to see when he wakes up at the beginning of the chapter "Mandrake Root and Newt's Tongue"?
5. What does Eragon find he can do that will give them water while in the Hadarac Desert?
This section contains 588 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)