|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dysart try to do when he first meets Alan?
(a) Pat him on the shoulder
(b) Hug him
(d) Shake his hand
2. What was King Edward the First's other name?
(a) Hammer of the Scots
(b) Joiner of the Lands
(c) Ruler of the Men
(d) Hammer of the Brits
3. What was Jill looking for when she went to the store where Alan worked?
(a) A hot plate
(b) A new razor
(c) Blades for a clipping machine
(d) A transistor radio
4. Who is Alan standing next to as the play opens?
5. Who is the horse that used to be a main figure in the stories Alan would love to hear?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Alan ask of Dysart?
2. What did Alan have hanging on his wall for years?
3. What does the Horseman say Alan is doing when Frank asks?
4. Who is the jurist?
5. Who talked to Alan about the biological details of the answer to #48?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Dora describe the hose picture?
2. What does Dysart do when Alan has a nightmare and shouts "Eck" over and over?
3. What is the one word answer that Alan gives Dysart and what was the question?
4. What does Dysart tell Alan after Alan has told him about the scene in the stable?
5. Describe Alan and Dalton's first meeting.
6. What does Alan say when he recounts his nonverbal conversation with that first horse?
7. What happened on the day that Alan had his first encounter with a horse?
8. What does Dysart apologize to Alan for?
9. What is the significance of the horse picture?
10. What interrupts Dysart and his thoughts about the hypnosis session with Alan?
This section contains 569 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)