|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What cause Alan to ask the Horseman if it hurts the horse?
(a) The chain
(b) The bit
(c) The reins
(d) The bridle
2. When does Jill tell Alan to come up to meet Mr. Dalton?
3. Who used to read Alan horse stories?
4. What does Dysart call Hesther at the end of scene 18?
5. How does Alan describe the rides at night?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dysart compare himself to?
2. What was Jill looking for when she went to the store where Alan worked?
3. What is the first thing Dalton tells Alan to learn?
4. What is Alan's last name?
5. Who talks about Alan as he is standing in the beginning of the play?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when someone rides Equus, according to Alan?
2. Why does Dysart tell Dora not to come visit Alan anymore?
3. What happens after Alan leads the horse offstage?
4. What has Alan done that has caused him to be a part of the mental hospital?
5. What does Hesther make of the dream that Dysart shares with her?
6. When the Christian Cavalry first appeared in the New World, what happened?
7. What kind of deal does Alan make with Dysart?
8. What does Jill notice about Alan and his fascination with eyes?
9. Describe how Nugget reacts to Alan.
10. What happens after Alan tells Equus there will be no more?
This section contains 464 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)