|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Frank call television?
2. What does Dysart call Hesther at the end of scene 18?
3. What was Jill looking for when she went to the store where Alan worked?
(a) A transistor radio
(b) A hot plate
(c) A new razor
(d) Blades for a clipping machine
4. Who used to ride horses every day?
(a) Alan's uncle
5. What does Dysart try to do when he first meets Alan?
(b) Shake his hand
(c) Pat him on the shoulder
(d) Hug him
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Dysart wearing in his dream?
2. What did Frank hear coming from Alan's bedroom?
3. Who is out when Dysart arrives at Alan's family home?
4. What is Dysart's wife's name?
5. What is Alan's last name?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens frequently when Alan is having his nightmares?
2. Describe the dream the Dysart has at the beginning of Scene 5.
3. When Dysart asks Alan who took him first to the stables, what does Alan do?
4. What does Alan say when he recounts his nonverbal conversation with that first horse?
5. What happens when Jill and Alan are sitting in the theatre?
6. What is the horseman's response to Franks' reaction?
7. What does the first tape from Alan contain?
8. Describe the entrance of Jill into Alan's life.
9. What are some other ways Alan will change when he is normal?
10. What does Dora offer as an explanation for Alan's behavior?
This section contains 519 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)