|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much does Dysart get paid an hour to see Alan?
(a) 20 quid
(b) 50 quid
(c) 1 quid
(d) 10 quid
2. Who is the horse that used to be a main figure in the stories Alan would love to hear?
3. What subject does Dysart ask Dora and Frank about in regards to what they talked to Alan about?
4. What did Alan have hanging on his wall for years?
(a) A picture of an apple
(c) A picture of a saddle
(d) A picture of a horse
5. Sex should only happen, according to Dora, when two people are ______.
(a) In love
6. What does Frank accuse Dora of doing to Alan?
(a) Favoring him
(b) Hitting him
(c) Spoiling him
(d) Abusing him
7. What is the word being shouted in the nightmares from #24?
8. What does Dysart try to do when he first meets Alan?
(b) Shake his hand
(c) Pat him on the shoulder
(d) Hug him
9. What does Dysart call Hesther at the end of scene 18?
10. Who used to ride horses every day?
(c) Alan's uncle
11. According to Dysart, he and his wife: We were _____ in our wooing, ______ in our wedding, ______ in our disappointment.
12. Dysart asks Alan what parent forbids him from ____________.
(a) Watching television
(b) Leaving his room
13. Who brings Alan to see Dysart?
(c) The judge
(d) A nurse
14. What did Dora used to do for a living?
(c) School teacher
15. What does Alan call Dysart?
(a) A liar
(b) A cheater
(c) An abuser
(d) A swiz
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of the horse?
2. What did Alan do the night before, according to the opening of scene 15?
3. Finally, what does Alan answer to Dysart's question about where he first encountered a horse?
4. Who comforts Dora when she breaks down?
5. What does Alan's father do for a living?
This section contains 344 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)