|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the first thing Dalton tells Alan to learn?
2. What is Alan's answer to Dysart's previous question?
3. What does Frank think the only problem in their house is?
(b) Poor communication
4. Who is the horse that used to be a main figure in the stories Alan would love to hear?
5. What's the name of the shop where Alan used to work?
6. How does Alan describe the rides at night?
7. Who comforts Dora when she breaks down?
(a) No one
8. What does Dysart blame Hesther for?
(a) His future
(b) His caseload
(c) His self doubts
(d) His bad luck
9. Who is suffering from frequent nightmares?
10. What did this rider in #43 call the daily ride?
(a) A time to relax
(d) A daily ride
11. What was King Edward the First's other name?
(a) Hammer of the Scots
(b) Joiner of the Lands
(c) Ruler of the Men
(d) Hammer of the Brits
12. What does Alan begin to sing about in response to Dysart's question about Eck?
(a) Double Diamond
(d) Big Red
13. Who is Alan standing next to as the play opens?
14. Finally, what does Alan answer to Dysart's question about where he first encountered a horse?
(a) In a dream
(b) On a beach
(c) In a book
(d) In a forest
15. Dora told Alan about when the __________ first arrived in the New World.
(d) Christian Cavalry
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Dysart the night after seeing Alan?
2. What does Alan bet all cowboys are?
3. What are the first words Alan says without singing in the play?
4. Who is out when Dysart arrives at Alan's family home?
5. Who used to ride horses every day?
This section contains 337 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)