|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Dora used to do for a living?
(c) School teacher
2. What does Dysart compare himself to?
(a) A stone
(b) A lawyer
(c) An apple
(d) A horse
3. What was Alan building when he saw the horse approach?
(a) A sandcastle
(b) A fire
(c) A fort
4. Dysart asks Alan what parent forbids him from ____________.
(a) Watching television
(d) Leaving his room
5. What language is 'Equus' from?
6. What is Alan's answer to Dysart's previous question?
7. What is Dysart's first name?
8. What did Alan do when he was questioned in court?
9. Why is Dysart removed from his position in the dream?
(a) He runs away
(b) He asks to be removed
(c) His mask slips
(d) He dies
10. Where does Alan hear about the white horse?
(b) His dreams
(c) From the book about Prince
(d) The Book of Job
11. What is Alan screaming out when he is dreaming?
12. What did Alan beat himself with?
(a) A book
(b) A piece of paper
(c) A pillow
(d) A wooden coat hanger
13. What does the Horseman do for Alan?
(a) Talks to his parents
(b) Helps him with his sandcastle
(c) Pulls him up onto the horse
(d) Gives him the horse
14. Who is the girl that had a nervous breakdown?
15. What does Dysart call Hesther at the end of scene 18?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Alan watch his TV?
2. What are the first words Alan says without singing in the play?
3. What do the other actors in the play pretend to be when Dysart and Alan are speaking in scene 15?
4. When the horse and the rider were one being, what were they compared to?
5. What does Alan begin to sing about in response to Dysart's question about Eck?
This section contains 332 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)