|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Dysart removed from his position in the dream?
(a) His mask slips
(b) He dies
(c) He asks to be removed
(d) He runs away
2. What did Dalton see to be a sign that the horses were out the previous night?
(a) They were gone
(b) They were sweaty
(c) They were tired
(d) They were dirty
3. Who is the jurist?
4. What does Dysart try to do when he first meets Alan?
(a) Shake his hand
(b) Pat him on the shoulder
(c) Hug him
5. When the horse and the rider were one being, what were they compared to?
6. What does Alan's father do for a living?
7. What does Dysart call Hesther at the end of scene 18?
8. Who shows up to visit Dysart at the end of scene 13?
9. Who is out when Dysart arrives at Alan's family home?
(c) No one
(d) Both of them
10. What is Dysart's wife's name?
11. Who reassures Dysart about his dream?
(d) The nurse
12. Who is the girl that had a nervous breakdown?
13. What is Dysart's answer to Alan's question about his dream?
(a) Dreaming of horses
(b) Carving up children
(c) He doesn't answer
(d) Wearing a mask
14. Who used to ride horses every day?
(c) Alan's uncle
15. What is the first thing Dalton tells Alan to learn?
Short Answer Questions
1. Hesther has an/a _________ of papers to get through before bed.
2. What does Frank accuse Dora of doing to Alan?
3. Dora told Alan about when the __________ first arrived in the New World.
4. What is Alan screaming out when he is dreaming?
5. What are the first words Alan says without singing in the play?
This section contains 321 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)