|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Alan's last name?
2. Where had Alan found the original picture that used to hang above his bed?
(a) His dad's business
(b) On the street
(c) In the trash
(d) Reeds Art Shop
3. What does Dysart call Hesther at the end of scene 18?
4. What did Alan have hanging on his wall for years?
(a) A picture of an apple
(c) A picture of a horse
(d) A picture of a saddle
5. Who is standing at the foot of Alan's bed as he is dreaming?
6. What did Alan beat himself with?
(a) A wooden coat hanger
(b) A pillow
(c) A piece of paper
(d) A book
7. What did Alan do when he was questioned in court?
8. Who does Jill describe as gentle as a baby?
9. Who reassures Dysart about his dream?
(b) The nurse
10. What is Dysart's profession?
(b) Stable manager
11. Dysart asks Alan what parent forbids him from ____________.
(a) Watching television
(d) Leaving his room
12. Who used to read Alan horse stories?
13. Where does Alan hear about the white horse?
(a) The Book of Job
(b) His dreams
(c) From the book about Prince
14. Who does Alan say understands?
15. Why is Dysart removed from his position in the dream?
(a) He runs away
(b) His mask slips
(c) He asks to be removed
(d) He dies
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Frank call television?
2. What did this rider in #43 call the daily ride?
3. What does Alan begin to sing about in response to Dysart's question about Eck?
4. What does Alan want to do with Dysart when it comes to questions?
5. What does Frank accuse Dora of doing to Alan?
This section contains 320 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)