Short Essay Answer Key
1. Describe the opening scene of the play.
Alan is standing next to the horse, Nugget, in the opening scene as Dysart stands to the side, speculating on what the posture of Alan means to the horse.
2. What happens after Alan leads the horse offstage?
Dysart begins to wonder if asking such questions of the horse are any use to an overworked psychiatrist.
3. What does Dysart admit that be feels?
Dysart admits to feeling desperate, reined in like a horse, and a prisoner to old belief systems and philosophies.
4. Who does Dysart blame for some of his current self doubts?
Dysart blames Hesther for his self doubts right now, as she is the one who brought him Alan's case.
5. What has Alan done that has caused him to be a part of the mental hospital?
Alan has blinded six horses with a...
This section contains 2,030 words|
(approx. 7 pages at 300 words per page)