Act 1, Scenes 1, 2, 3 and 4
• Alan and Dysart are introduced.
• Alan is standing with Nugget.
• Dysary is questioning the role of Nugget.
• Dysart comments on how he blames Heather for the self doubts he has.
• Hesther and Dysart talk.
• Hesther explains that Alan has blinded 6 horses.
• Dysart attempts to get Alan to answer some basic questions for him.
• Alan tells a nurse to "Fuck off" as his first words in the play.
Act 1, Scenes 5 and 6
• Dysart shares a dream he has had about Alan.
• Hesther understands the dream as an expression of Dysart's fears he is hurting the children he's working with.
• Alan has been having frequent nightmares.
• Alan admits that his dad doesn't let him watch television.
• Frank and Dora, Alan's parents, are introduced and are shown to be controlling to Alan.
• Alan claims he knows more about history than Dysart because Alan's mom was a teacher.
• Dysart decides...
This section contains 1,083 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)