|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Equal Rites, pgs. 180-213.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Since Esk is eager to learn magic, what does Granny suggest that Esk should borrow the mind of?
(a) A tree.
(b) A wolf.
(c) An eagle.
(d) An owl.
2. What kind of book is Esk unsuccessful in finding in the library?
(a) One with big words.
(b) One with happy rabbits and kittens on the cover.
(c) Antique scrolls.
(d) One with magic spells.
3. What does Master Treatle expound on that is used by wizards to give people whatever they want?
(a) Magic potion.
(b) Wishing well.
(d) High magic.
4. In the autumn, when Granny visits Cutangle, what does she see him watching?
(a) Ants using tiny machinery to steal sugar cubes to make repairs under the flagstones.
(b) Young apprentice wizards.
(c) Angry witches.
(d) River boats.
5. What is the building whose big black gates appear to be made of solid darkness?
(a) Ankh Morph.
(d) Unseen University.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Granny tell Esk that Simon is doing that is unprecedented in a wizard?
2. What are the nasty creatures that threaten to kill Gander's traveling caravan?
3. What can the eighth son of an eighth son become?
4. What did Simon call up that the staff saved Esk from?
5. What is the name of the wizard who comes to ask about the blacksmith's eighth son?
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)