|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Equal Rites, pgs. 180-213.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Granny advises Esk not to upset the owner of the mind that she borrows by trying to control it but instead to do what?
(a) Avoid it.
(b) Subdue it.
(c) Listen to it.
(d) Suggest things that are natural to it.
2. What is unresponsive until Granny says "please" and then waits for her to climb on board?
(a) A lone wolf.
(b) The eagle.
(c) The staff.
(d) The carpet.
3. Since her first Borrowing experience, what kind of dream has Esk gotten used to?
(d) Vivid and frightening dreams.
4. When Granny travels in search of Esk who has entered the mind of an animal, how does she sit in lady-like fashion on her method of transport?
(b) Astride it.
(c) With hands folded.
5. What does the Zoon family agree to keep Esk on board in return for?
(a) Teaching them how to control the minds of animals.
(b) Doing chores.
(c) Teaching them alchemy.
(d) Doing magic.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Granny seem afraid of?
2. What is the destination that Esk attempts to find a caravan traveling to?
3. When Granny asks Esk to fetch her witchcraft, what does she say Esk must know, without which there is no point to teaching her witchcraft?
4. What kinds of books does Granny like?
5. What do the woods surrounding Granny Weatherwax's house contain?
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)