|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Equal Rites, pgs. 180-213.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who tells Granny that she must take Esk to University and denies that women cannot be wizards?
(a) The blacksmith.
(b) The apple tree.
(c) The sorcerer.
(d) The dead wolf.
2. What do novice broomstick travelers always do?
(b) Fly too high.
(c) Fall off.
(d) They always lean the wrong way, want to fly a bit higher to avoid obstacles, and hold on to other passengers at an indelicate place.
3. When Esk asks Adab to take her with them and he refuses, what does she ask him to do?
(a) Point out the proper road.
(b) Accept her gift.
(c) Take her money.
(d) Let her work for him.
4. Skiller laughs when Esk asks to drink what?
(d) Goat milk.
5. What does Treatle say is prohibited in the written lore, which Cutangle challenges?
(a) Reading books.
(b) The use of magic herbs.
(c) The presence of a woman.
(d) The use of weapons.
Short Answer Questions
1. Granny enters a fortune-telling booth. Whom does the voice asking if you want your fortune read belong to?
2. What can the eighth son of an eighth son become?
3. When Granny locks her cottage and takes Esk with her, what is the name of the nearby metropolis that they visit?
4. Unfortunately, when Esk finally falls asleep on the boat by the dock, what does it do?
5. What does Simon have that makes Esk uncomfortable?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)