|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Equal Rites, pgs. 151-180.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What or who kills the wolves in the woods surrounding Granny Weatherwax's house?
(b) A flying staff.
2. Who are the brothers that fetch Esk at her tree and take her to the witch's house in the first section of the book?
(a) Smith and Holden.
(b) Sullivan and James.
(c) Cern and Gulta.
(d) Louis and Mark.
3. Granny advises Esk not to upset the owner of the mind that she borrows by trying to control it but instead to do what?
(a) Listen to it.
(b) Subdue it.
(c) Suggest things that are natural to it.
(d) Avoid it.
4. Skiller laughs when Esk asks to drink what?
(b) Goat milk.
5. When the man Esk meets in the square tells her about caravans, what does she point out to him?
(a) That he is short.
(b) That the bales are infected with worms.
(c) That the caravans are slow.
(d) That she is tired.
Short Answer Questions
1. When the books fly off the shelves in the library, what happens to the floor?
2. When Esk parts company with the Zoon family, what does she leave with?
3. Where does the bearded man tell Esk that they are traveling through?
4. Which gods no longer seem to have a strong influence over Esk?
5. After Esk tries to move the staff, reality rebounds like a sloshing pond. In what does reality cause more changes and tiny whirlpools?
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)