|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Equal Rites, pgs. 120-151.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who/What flies through space on four giant elephants atop a massive star turtle?
(c) Bad Ass.
2. When Esk back talks, what does her father do that causes a series of odd happenings and frayed nerves?
(a) Yells at her mother.
(b) Slaps her.
(c) Locks her in the closet.
(d) Beats her.
3. What is the eighth child of the eighth son of the blacksmith called?
4. When Esk asks why Granny does not use magic to light a fire, what does Granny say in response?
(a) One must know when to use magic or not.
(b) Magic cannot make a fire.
(c) It is much easier to use a match.
(d) Fires fight magic.
5. When Granny talks about men to Esk, what does she tell Esk that men are all about?
(a) Control, numbers, and facts.
(b) Facts, power, and revenge.
(c) Ownership, power, and greed.
(d) Numbers, power, and "jommetry".
Short Answer Questions
1. When Granny asks Esk to fetch her witchcraft, what does she say Esk must know, without which there is no point to teaching her witchcraft?
2. What is unresponsive until Granny says "please" and then waits for her to climb on board?
3. Granny advises Esk not to upset the owner of the mind that she borrows by trying to control it but instead to do what?
4. What does Granny tell Esk is a good, honest profession for women, particularly in rural areas?
5. When Granny falls off her flying device, where does she end up?
This section contains 293 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)