|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Equal Rites, pgs. 120-151.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Gulta becomes an animal, who agrees with Esk that her brother is more fitting as an animal?
(c) Her father.
2. When Granny discovers that Esk is traveling on a vessel that belongs to the Zoon family, what does she consult to find the young girl?
(a) An eagle.
(b) The staff.
(c) A crystal ball.
(d) A hanging broomstick.
3. What can the eighth son of an eighth son become?
(a) A dancer.
(b) A wizard.
(c) A duke.
(d) A lord.
4. Who or what are attracted to people who dabble in magic and mysticism?
(c) Simon and Esk.
(d) Granny and the Archchancellor.
5. What are the nasty creatures that threaten to kill Gander's traveling caravan?
Short Answer Questions
1. When Granny gets back to her house, she finds that the staff has returned and thrusts it into the fireplace. However, what gets destroyed while the staff remains unmarked?
2. When Granny travels in search of Esk who has entered the mind of an animal, how does she sit in lady-like fashion on her method of transport?
3. What land is rich in magic and has powerful light?
4. Since Esk is eager to learn magic, what does Granny suggest that Esk should borrow the mind of?
5. What is Granny afraid will not work when the sun rises and prevent her plan of helping Esk?
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)