|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Equal Rites, pgs. 65-95.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is the eighth child of the blacksmith when Mrs. Smith worries about Granny in the winter and wants the children to check on the old witch?
2. When Granny Weatherwax appears to have died in her bed, what do the Smith boys do?
(b) Try to wake her up.
(c) Run for help.
(d) Call the police.
3. What view does Granny enjoy seeing when she explores high peaks?
(b) Rim Ocean.
(c) Smith's farm.
(d) Village of Ankh-Morph.
4. What does Esk notice that they are passing by as the boat travels?
(b) Colorful cliffs.
(c) Dancing mermaids.
(d) Ancient monuments.
5. What is the eighth child of the eighth son of the blacksmith called?
Short Answer Questions
1. When Esk wakes up on the boat, what does she hear?
2. What can the eighth son of an eighth son become?
3. Who are the brothers that fetch Esk at her tree and take her to the witch's house in the first section of the book?
4. What does Pratchett describe that normally prevents wolves from eating humans in the first section of the book?
5. What arcs from Esk's fingertips, flares in the hearth, melts the ironware, and burrows into the hearthstone?
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)