|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Equal Rites, pgs. 33-65.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Gulta becomes an animal, who agrees with Esk that her brother is more fitting as an animal?
(a) Her father.
2. Since the blacksmith's sons do not see any footprints outside the witch's house, what are they convinced that the witch can do?
(a) Move through time.
(b) Change into animals.
(c) Erase footprints.
(d) Move her house.
3. In the first section of the book, what is the primary theme that the author Terry Pratchett discusses?
(a) Is death preventable?
(b) Is magic possible?
(c) Can a female be a wizard?
(d) Are animals magical?
4. What does the visiting wizard at the beginning of the book see before he dies?
(a) That the newborn is a screamer.
(b) That the newborn is crippled.
(c) That the newborn is a girl.
(d) That the newborn is a boy.
5. What is unresponsive until Granny says "please" and then waits for her to climb on board?
(a) The carpet.
(b) A lone wolf.
(c) The eagle.
(d) The staff.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Granny enter to get all the drones searching for Esk?
2. What is Granny adamant about concerning male and female magic?
3. When you enter a creature's mind, what is difficult upon exiting?
4. In the late spring, Granny takes Esk on long walks that last all day. What do they do on these trips?
5. What does Esk learn to make with Granny in the spring, taking a practical course instead of learning magic?
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)