|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Equal Rites, pgs. 33-65.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who tells Granny that she must take Esk to University and denies that women cannot be wizards?
(a) The apple tree.
(b) The sorcerer.
(c) The blacksmith.
(d) The dead wolf.
2. What does Granny enter to get all the drones searching for Esk?
(a) Bees' "hivemind."
(b) Ants' "nestmind."
(c) Nest of birds.
3. Granny calms Esk who is panicking. What is the vital lesson that Esk has learned?
(b) Having a strong mind.
(c) Going beyond Borrowing to becoming.
(d) Becoming stronger.
4. When Esk is in the body of the animal, what does she dream about?
(a) Living forever.
(b) Big creatures and stars.
(c) Falling out of the sky.
5. Whom does Granny write a letter to at the Unseen University?
(c) Mrs. Winthrop.
(d) Head Wizard.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Granny wakes up in her house, what does she find is too strong for her to locate Esk?
2. When Granny talks about men to Esk, what does she tell Esk that men are all about?
3. While Esk does chores for Granny at her house, what does she also become good at?
4. What does Granny seem afraid of?
5. In the first section of the book, what is the primary theme that the author Terry Pratchett discusses?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)