|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Equal Rites, pgs. 1-33.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the woods surrounding Granny Weatherwax's house contain?
(b) Wild cats.
2. When Granny recovers Esk and takes her home, whom/what does she turn to for advice?
(b) The staff.
(c) An owl.
(d) A magic apple tree.
3. When Granny wakes up in her house, what does she find is too strong for her to locate Esk?
(c) Wolves' pack mind.
4. When Granny Weatherwax appears to have died in her bed, what do the Smith boys do?
(a) Run for help.
(b) Call the police.
(d) Try to wake her up.
5. When Granny and Smith bury the wizard in the family orchard, what grows in his place?
(a) An apple tree.
(b) A pineapple.
(c) A fig.
(d) A lion.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Esk falls asleep after drinking herbal tea, Granny finds an owl and enters its mind. Where does she fly to?
2. Who seems very different from siblings and exhibits odd behavior at Granny's house?
3. Who tells Granny that she must take Esk to University and denies that women cannot be wizards?
4. What role did Granny assume when she "borrows" another's mind?
5. Who/What flies through space on four giant elephants atop a massive star turtle?
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)