|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Equal Rites, pgs. 1-33.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is the eighth child of the blacksmith when Mrs. Smith worries about Granny in the winter and wants the children to check on the old witch?
2. In the first section of the book, what is the primary theme that the author Terry Pratchett discusses?
(a) Is magic possible?
(b) Are animals magical?
(c) Is death preventable?
(d) Can a female be a wizard?
3. When Granny and Smith bury the wizard in the family orchard, what grows in his place?
(a) A pineapple.
(b) A fig.
(c) A lion.
(d) An apple tree.
4. Since the blacksmith's sons do not see any footprints outside the witch's house, what are they convinced that the witch can do?
(a) Move her house.
(b) Change into animals.
(c) Move through time.
(d) Erase footprints.
5. What does Pratchett describe that normally prevents wolves from eating humans in the first section of the book?
(a) Natural selection.
(b) Barbed wire.
(c) Magic stones.
(d) Laser beams.
Short Answer Questions
1. What can the eighth son of an eighth son become?
2. What does Granny seem afraid of?
3. What is the name of the wizard who comes to ask about the blacksmith's eighth son?
4. Who finds the key in the privy, enabling the blacksmith's three children to enter the house and go to Granny who is in bed with the window open?
5. What reason does Granny oppose using books for?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)