|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Equal Rites, pgs. 1-33.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Granny and Smith bury the wizard in the family orchard, what grows in his place?
(a) A lion.
(b) A pineapple.
(c) A fig.
(d) An apple tree.
2. When Esk falls asleep after drinking herbal tea, Granny finds an owl and enters its mind. Where does she fly to?
(a) Back in time.
(b) The Smith orchard.
(c) Outer space.
3. When Granny recovers Esk and takes her home, whom/what does she turn to for advice?
(a) The staff.
(b) An owl.
(c) A magic apple tree.
4. What does the visiting wizard at the beginning of the book see before he dies?
(a) That the newborn is crippled.
(b) That the newborn is a screamer.
(c) That the newborn is a girl.
(d) That the newborn is a boy.
5. Since the blacksmith's sons do not see any footprints outside the witch's house, what are they convinced that the witch can do?
(a) Move through time.
(b) Change into animals.
(c) Move her house.
(d) Erase footprints.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Esk back talks, what does her father do that causes a series of odd happenings and frayed nerves?
2. Who/What flies through space on four giant elephants atop a massive star turtle?
3. Who are the brothers that fetch Esk at her tree and take her to the witch's house in the first section of the book?
4. When Granny Weatherwax appears to have died in her bed, what do the Smith boys do?
5. Who seems very different from siblings and exhibits odd behavior at Granny's house?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)