|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Equal Rites, pgs. 33-65.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Granny subdues Esk and brings her back home, what does she find and use the raw power of the staff to unravel?
(a) Strong potions.
(b) Flickers of Esk's silvery mind.
(c) Wound up emotions.
(d) Spools of magic yarn.
2. After Gulta becomes an animal, who agrees with Esk that her brother is more fitting as an animal?
(d) Her father.
3. When Granny talks about men to Esk, what does she tell Esk that men are all about?
(a) Ownership, power, and greed.
(b) Numbers, power, and "jommetry".
(c) Facts, power, and revenge.
(d) Control, numbers, and facts.
4. What role did Granny assume when she "borrows" another's mind?
(a) That of an evil medium doing a midnight séance.
(b) That of a magician.
(c) That of a crow.
(d) That of a predator swooping down on prey.
5. When Granny tells the Smith family about Esk going to the Unseen University, what does Esk do?
(a) Reads a book.
(b) Takes a nap.
(c) Climbs her tree and thinks about wizards.
(d) Lights fires.
Short Answer Questions
1. Granny advises Esk not to upset the owner of the mind that she borrows by trying to control it but instead to do what?
2. What does Granny Weatherwax think should be burned because female wizards are not right?
3. According to Granny, what are male wizard minds all about?
4. Whom does Granny write a letter to at the Unseen University?
5. When Esk back talks, what does her father do that causes a series of odd happenings and frayed nerves?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)