|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Equal Rites, pgs. 33-65.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Granny subdues Esk and brings her back home, what does she find and use the raw power of the staff to unravel?
(a) Spools of magic yarn.
(b) Wound up emotions.
(c) Flickers of Esk's silvery mind.
(d) Strong potions.
2. What does Granny Weatherwax think should be burned because female wizards are not right?
(b) A staff.
(c) A hat.
(d) A pot.
3. What does Granny enter to get all the drones searching for Esk?
(a) Nest of birds.
(c) Bees' "hivemind."
(d) Ants' "nestmind."
4. After Gulta becomes an animal, who agrees with Esk that her brother is more fitting as an animal?
(d) Her father.
5. What role did Granny assume when she "borrows" another's mind?
(a) That of a predator swooping down on prey.
(b) That of a crow.
(c) That of a magician.
(d) That of an evil medium doing a midnight séance.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who/What flies through space on four giant elephants atop a massive star turtle?
2. What kinds of books does Granny like?
3. When Granny gets back to her house, she finds that the staff has returned and thrusts it into the fireplace. However, what gets destroyed while the staff remains unmarked?
4. What or who kills the wolves in the woods surrounding Granny Weatherwax's house?
5. When Esk waits for Granny's "mindshape" to leave, what does she do?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)