|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Equal Rites, pgs. 95-120.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Granny gets back to her house, she finds that the staff has returned and thrusts it into the fireplace. However, what gets destroyed while the staff remains unmarked?
(a) Laser beams.
(c) Cooking Pots.
(d) Magic stones.
2. What does Granny enter to get all the drones searching for Esk?
(a) Nest of birds.
(b) Bees' "hivemind."
(d) Ants' "nestmind."
3. While Esk does chores for Granny at her house, what does she also become good at?
(a) Listing plants by pharmacological use.
(b) Doing spells.
(c) Using the staff.
(d) Practicing magic.
4. What is Granny adamant about concerning male and female magic?
(a) They differ fundamentally.
(b) They are equal and opposite.
(c) They are equal and the same.
(d) They negate each other.
5. When Esk parts company with the Zoon family, what does she leave with?
(a) Three silver coins and a necklace.
(b) A pendant.
(c) Some food.
(d) A basket.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who protect caravans but are in lesser demand than wizards are?
2. Since Esk is eager to learn magic, what does Granny suggest that Esk should borrow the mind of?
3. Who are the brothers that fetch Esk at her tree and take her to the witch's house in the first section of the book?
4. Who is the wizard that Adab Gander, a caravan leader, negotiates with to travel with them?
5. What does Granny want to buy in the city?
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)