|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Equal Rites, pgs. 95-120.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who seems very different from siblings and exhibits odd behavior at Granny's house?
2. What does Granny want to buy in the city?
3. What reason does Granny oppose using books for?
(b) Door stops.
(c) Reading purposes.
4. Where does Granny notice the sound of hammers everywhere?
(a) Underground cave.
(b) Dwarf hall.
(c) Mechanical room.
(d) Hunter hideout.
5. What does Pratchett describe that normally prevents wolves from eating humans in the first section of the book?
(a) Natural selection.
(b) Barbed wire.
(c) Laser beams.
(d) Magic stones.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Esk quotes Granny on warlocks and wizards, what is she pleasantly surprised to learn?
2. What does the visiting wizard at the beginning of the book see before he dies?
3. While Granny is nervous about being in the city, Esk enjoys the colors, smell, and noise. What is it a mix of?
4. When the man Esk meets in the square tells her about caravans, what does she point out to him?
5. Who are the brothers that fetch Esk at her tree and take her to the witch's house in the first section of the book?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)