|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Equal Rites, pgs. 151-180.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Granny tell Esk that Simon is doing that is unprecedented in a wizard?
2. When Esk is flying, what ability does she start to lose?
(a) To speak.
(b) To know how to fly.
(c) To be a human.
(d) To hold onto memories.
3. When Esk sits with the wizard's apprentice, what does she learn is the reason that the wizard chose him to be his apprentice?
(a) His gender.
(b) His stutter.
(c) His grasp of magic theory.
(d) His height.
4. When Granny asks Esk to fetch her witchcraft, what does she say Esk must know, without which there is no point to teaching her witchcraft?
(a) How to cook a toad.
(b) How to cure a wart.
(c) The way to make a spell.
(d) The secret of witchcraft that it contains.
5. When Esk finds a book similar to Simon's, what does she notice that is different about the book?
(a) It is old.
(b) The letters are ugly creatures doing evil things to one another.
(c) It turns into a bird.
(d) It is heavy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the nasty creatures that threaten to kill Gander's traveling caravan?
2. Who cannot remember the library ever being cleaned but allows Esk to do it?
3. When Simon appears in the library, what does he warn Esk about books?
4. What is slow and erratic and on which Granny experiences trouble when she tries to fly?
5. After what event is Simon still not awake and lying in the infirmary?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)