|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the chariot made of that Ishtar promises Gilgamesh?
(a) Lapis Lazuli and gold
(b) Silver and Gold
(c) Iron Ore and Silver
(d) Copper and Lapis
2. What does Gilgamesh see when he steps into the light?
(a) The underworld
(b) A beautiful garden
(d) The top of the mountain
3. What is the name of the barmaid who dwells by the sea?
4. Why does Gilgamesh say his appearance is so ragged?
(a) Because he has traveled far
(b) Because he lost his old clothes
(c) Because he has no way to clean himself
(d) Because he is mourning Enkidu
5. To what does Gilgamesh compare Enkidu?
(a) Weapons that are always by his side
(b) One of the gods
(d) A great bear
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Gilgamesh do when he arrives on Utnapishtim's shore?
2. Who arises to rob Gilgamesh in Line 7 of Column 2?
3. Including animals, how many lovers does Gilgamesh say that Ishtar has had?
4. How many poles does Gilgamesh use to push the boat across the sea?
5. What does Enkidu throw at Ishtar?
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)