|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the old man tell Gilgamesh when he reaches the opposite shore?
(a) That Gilgamesh must die in order to bring Enkidu back to life
(b) That Gilgamesh is trapped in the underworld
(c) That everyone dies
(d) That Utnapishtim is not there
2. What animal did Enkidu chase on the steppe?
(a) A fox
(b) A panther
(c) A bear
(d) A wolf
3. Who notices Gilgamesh's beauty after he has cleaned himself?
4. What does Gilgamesh put over Enkidu when he is dead?
(a) A royal cloak
(b) A wolf pelt
(c) Fir branches
(d) A veil like a bride
5. Why does Gilgamesh tell the scorpion man he has come to Mashu?
(a) To seek his own death
(b) To climb Mashu
(c) To swim impossible seas
(d) To speak of matters of life and death
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Enkidu after the gods fight?
2. What does Enkidu do after talking with Shamash?
3. What type of demons will pull Gilgamesh's chariot?
4. How many pits did Ishtar dig for the lion?
5. Who dreams the night of the heroes feast?
This section contains 206 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)