|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Gilgamesh and Enkidu do after killing the bull of heaven?
(a) Cut off its head
(b) Buried the carcass
(c) Threw the horns into the river
(d) Cut out its heart
2. When Enkidu curses the trapper, he wishes that his game will do what?
(a) Eat his family
(b) Turn against him
(c) Kill him
(d) Escape him
3. Which god does not want either man to die?
4. Enkidu curses three people/things as he lies dying. Who are they?
(a) Gilgamesh, Ishtar, Ninsun
(b) The shepherds, Humbaba, the courtesan
(c) Shamash, Ninsun, Ishtar
(d) The gate, the trapper, the courtesan
5. When Gilgamesh spurns Ishtar, from whom does the goddess ask for help?
(c) Her parents, Anu and Antum
Short Answer Questions
1. How many poles does Gilgamesh use to push the boat across the sea?
2. How does Gilgamesh finally know that Enkidu is dead?
3. Gilgamesh refers to Enkidu as his friend and what?
4. Who guards the mountain?
5. What does Gilgamesh do when he arrives on Utnapishtim's shore?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)