|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Gilgamesh finally know that Enkidu is dead?
(a) The animals come to eat the dead meat.
(b) Enkidu is dark and cannot hear Gilgamesh.
(c) Enkidu's body begins to rot away.
(d) The priests take Enkidu's body away.
2. Gilgamesh calls Enkidu his friend and what?
(a) Younger brother
(c) First Mate
3. Irkalla is the queen of what?
(a) The heavens
(b) The sea
(c) The underworld
(d) The forest
4. How far down does the mountain reach?
(a) The top of the temple in Uruk
(b) Into the Underworld
(c) The otherside of the world
(d) The bottom of the sea
5. What does Ishtar turn the gardener into?
(a) A tree
(b) A thorn brush
(c) A mole
(d) A rose bush
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Gilgamesh see when he steps into the light?
2. To whom does Gilgamesh tell Enkidu's dream?
3. Where does Enkidu go in his dream?
4. What does the old man tell Gilgamesh when he reaches the opposite shore?
5. Which four gods argue over Gilgamesh and Enkidu?
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)