|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many pits did Ishtar dig for the lion?
(b) Seven and yet seven
2. What does Gilgamesh do with his hair and clothes?
(a) Cuts his hair and burns his clothes
(b) Pulls them out/off and throws them away
(c) Rips out his hair and covers his clothes with ash
(d) Cuts them off
3. What does Gilgamesh do with the horns of the bull of heaven?
(a) Hangs them above the door to his palace
(b) Sacrifices them to Shamash
(c) Hangs them in the temple
(d) Hangs them in his throne room
4. What is the name of the barmaid who dwells by the sea?
5. In what river do the two men wash their hands?
Short Answer Questions
1. Including animals, how many lovers does Gilgamesh say that Ishtar has had?
2. To what does Gilgamesh compare Enkidu?
3. What is Enkidu transformed into in order to journey to the underworld?
4. What does the mountain watch over?
5. How does Gilgamesh cry?
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)