|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What word does Gilgamesh use to refer to Enkidu's death in line 13 of Column 2?
2. Gilgamesh refers to Enkidu as his friend and what?
(d) Younger brother
3. Including animals, how many lovers does Gilgamesh say that Ishtar has had?
4. What does Gilgamesh see when he steps into the light?
(a) A beautiful garden
(b) The underworld
(c) The top of the mountain
5. How does Gilgamesh finally know that Enkidu is dead?
(a) Enkidu is dark and cannot hear Gilgamesh.
(b) Enkidu's body begins to rot away.
(c) The priests take Enkidu's body away.
(d) The animals come to eat the dead meat.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Gilgamesh tell the scorpion man he has come to Mashu?
2. What other name does Enkidu call the courtesan?
3. Gilgamesh is afraid he will die in what?
4. What does the mountain watch over?
5. Shamash does not understand Enkidu's curse against who/what?
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)