|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What animal did Enkidu chase on the steppe?
(a) A wolf
(b) A bear
(c) A fox
(d) A panther
2. What does Gilgamesh do when he arrives on Utnapishtim's shore?
(a) Thanks the ferry man
(b) Ungirds his loins and takes off his clothes
(c) Pours out his wine in sacrifice
(d) Constructs a statue
3. What does Gilgamesh see when he steps into the light?
(a) A beautiful garden
(b) The underworld
(d) The top of the mountain
4. When does Gilgamesh begin mourning for Enkidu?
(a) At midnight
(b) At morning's first glimmer
(c) At noon
(d) At sunset
5. When Enkidu curses the trapper, he wishes that his game will do what?
(a) Escape him
(b) Eat his family
(c) Kill him
(d) Turn against him
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Enkidu go in his dream?
2. What is the name of the gardener with whom Ishtar falls in love?
3. Who did Gilgamesh get to kiss Enkidu's feet?
4. How will Gilgamesh dress after Enkidu's burial?
5. Which four gods argue over Gilgamesh and Enkidu?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)