|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Gilgamesh calls Enkidu his friend and what?
(c) First Mate
(d) Younger brother
2. What is the name of the gardener with whom Ishtar falls in love?
3. Who is Sin?
(a) The moon god
(b) The sun goddess
(c) The god of the sea
(d) The god of the river
4. Why does Gilgamesh say his appearance is so ragged?
(a) Because he has no way to clean himself
(b) Because he is mourning Enkidu
(c) Because he lost his old clothes
(d) Because he has traveled far
5. Who is Urshanabi?
(a) A demon Gilgamesh must kill
(b) Shamash's ferryman
(c) Utnapishtim's ferryman
(d) The goddess of the sea
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Gilgamesh have to do before they can start their journey?
2. Enkidu curses three people/things as he lies dying. Who are they?
3. Who does Siduri think Gilgamesh is when she sees him?
4. Shamash does not understand Enkidu's curse against who/what?
5. Which four gods argue over Gilgamesh and Enkidu?
This section contains 214 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)