|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Urshanabi say will happen if the waters touch a man?
(a) He will become very ill.
(b) He will die.
(c) He will sink to the bottom of the sea.
(d) He will grow old.
2. Gilgamesh is now afraid of what?
(a) The desert
(b) The forest
(d) Wild animals
3. What presumably is written on the scribes tablet in the underworld?
(a) Gilgamesh's name
(b) Shamash's name
(c) Enkidu's name
(d) Utnapishtim's name
4. What happens to Enkidu after the gods fight?
(a) Gilgamesh kills him.
(b) Ishtar murders him.
(c) He falls ill.
(d) He is killed by wolves.
5. What animal did Enkidu chase on the steppe?
(a) A bear
(b) A wolf
(c) A panther
(d) A fox
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the mountain to where Gilgamesh travels?
2. What happens when Enkidu enters the underworld?
3. What does Enkidu wish he had done to the gate of the Cedar Forest?
4. How will Gilgamesh dress after Enkidu's burial?
5. Which god does not want either man to die?
This section contains 214 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)