|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the bull of heaven do on his third snort?
(a) Kill five hundred men
(b) Attack Enkidu
(c) Attack Gilgamesh
(d) Kill Ishtar
2. Gilgamesh raises his voice like what animal crying for her young?
(a) A bird
(b) A lioness
(c) A wolf
(d) A bear
3. When Gilgamesh spurns Ishtar, from whom does the goddess ask for help?
(d) Her parents, Anu and Antum
4. What is made for Siduri?
(a) A golden mashing vat
(b) A golden crown
(c) A golden garment
(d) A golden statue
5. How does Gilgamesh finally know that Enkidu is dead?
(a) Enkidu is dark and cannot hear Gilgamesh.
(b) Enkidu's body begins to rot away.
(c) The priests take Enkidu's body away.
(d) The animals come to eat the dead meat.
Short Answer Questions
1. What animal did Enkidu chase on the steppe?
2. How does Gilgamesh check to see if Enkidu is still alive?
3. What does Urshanabi say will happen if the waters touch a man?
4. What does Gilgamesh see when he steps into the light?
5. What happens to Enkidu after the gods fight?
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)