|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Gilgamesh want to do in the Cedar Forest?
(a) To meet the shepherds
(b) Learn to live with the animals like Enkidu
(c) Cut down all the trees
(d) Go hunting
2. What is stilled into silence when the men behold the forest?
(a) The wind
(b) Humbaba's words
(c) The sound of the gods
(d) Their voices
3. How does Gilgamesh know something is wrong with Enkidu?
(a) Enkidu cries
(b) Ninsun has a dream about Enkidu
(c) Gilgamesh sees Enkidu pounding a wall
(d) Enkidu tells Shamash
4. What does Humbaba do to make Gilgamesh afraid?
(a) Spews fire
(b) Changes his face
(c) Strikes him with a sword
5. What do the people of Uruk do with the axe in Gilgamesh's dream?
(a) Throw it in the river
(b) Celebrate around it
(c) Use it to kill Gilgamesh
(d) Bury it
Short Answer Questions
1. What things do the shepherds teach Enkidu?
2. What do the people of Uruk say about Enkidu when they first see him?
3. How does Gilgamesh say that Enkidu's paralysis will end?
4. Where is Enkidu raised?
5. How many winds come against Humbaba?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the garden which greets Gilgamesh once he journeys through the darkness of the mountain pass.
2. What two things does Gilgamesh dream about and what does his mother say they mean?
3. Describe Gilgamesh's attitude towards the journey to the forest.
4. What does the barmaid tell Gilgamesh and what do her words foreshadow?
5. Describe Gilgamesh's character.
6. Describe the disappointment awaiting Gilgamesh when he finally meets Utnapishtim.
7. Describe the battle between Enkidu and Gilgamesh.
8. Describe Ekidnu's character.
9. Enkidu is even more afraid when his hand becomes paralyzed after touching the forest gate. Describe the speech Gilgamesh makes to his friend to encourage him.
10. Why must Gilgamesh confront the demon as soon as they arrive at the cedar forest?
This section contains 865 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)