|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of drink is Enkidu used to drinking?
(a) Water from a stream
(b) The milk of wild animals
(c) Cow's milk
(d) The wine drunk in the city
2. How many layers of armor does Humbaba usually wear?
3. Who does Gilgamesh ask to bring him a dream? Or another reference for Shamash?
4. What will supposedly make Enkidu lose his power?
(a) Having his hair cut
(b) Being seduced by a woman
(c) Fighting a giant
(d) Drinking wine
5. Who does Gilgamesh's mother pray to for protection for her son?
(a) The god of the forest
(b) The sun god
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the axe and meteorite signify in relationship to Enkidu?
2. How many layers of armor has Humbaba put on when Gilgamesh and Enkidu arrive at the gate to the forest?
3. The elders tell Gilgamesh that he is young and __________ has carried him away in proposing to battle Humbaba.
4. Which god is said to have her throne in the Cedar Forest?
5. Gilgamesh thinks he is entitled to do what with new brides?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Gilgamesh's decision to journey to Utnapishtim provide evidence that he still has not matured and continues to act rashly?
2. Describe Enkidu and Gilgamesh's relationship.
3. What does Enkidu counsel Gilgamesh to do with Humbaba and why?
4. Describe Gilgamesh's dreams.
5. What effect do the missing lines of interpretation have on Gilgamesh's dreams?
6. Describe the fight between Enlil and Shamash over which man will die - Gilgamesh or Enkidu.
7. What does Ninsun wear to pray to Shamash? Why does she dress this way?
8. Describe Gilgamesh's actions following the beheading of Humbaba.
9. How does Enkidu describe the gate to the cedar forest?
10. What does the flood and the salvation of one family represent?
This section contains 966 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)