|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What falls to the earth in Gilgamesh's dream?
(a) A child
(b) The stars
(c) A meteorite
(d) The sun
2. Why does Enkidu go to a celebration in Uruk?
(a) To eat at the feast
(b) Because he wants to be part of the celebration
(c) To stop Gilgamesh from sleeping with a new bride
(d) To dance with the woman
3. What is the name of the god to whom Ninsun prays?
4. What things do the shepherds teach Enkidu?
(a) To stalk and kill animals
(b) To eat, talk and behave as people in the city do
(c) To fight like a soldier
(d) To tend sheep
5. Who do the elders counsel Gilgamesh to let lead the way?
(a) The shepherds
(b) The animals
(c) The gods
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Enkidu not like living in the city?
2. Who helps Enkidu and Gilgamesh defeat Humbaba?
3. What is another name for the cedar forest?
4. What is a talent?
5. What is the woman called who seduces Enkidu?
Short Essay Questions
1. Discuss the procession that sees Gilgamesh off on his adventure.
2. Discuss Enkidu's interpretations of Gilgamesh's dreams.
3. Describe Gilgamesh's dreams.
4. Who does Gilgamesh decide to find and why does he wish to talk to this person/thing?
5. Compare and contrast Gilgamesh's insult to Ishtar with the one issued by Enkidu.
6. What does Enkidu counsel Gilgamesh to do with Humbaba and why?
7. What two things does Gilgamesh dream about and what does his mother say they mean?
8. Why is Enkidu able to admit his fears openly while Gilgamesh cannot?
9. Describe Gilgamesh's journey through the mountain paths of Mashu.
10. Enkidu is even more afraid when his hand becomes paralyzed after touching the forest gate. Describe the speech Gilgamesh makes to his friend to encourage him.
This section contains 919 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)