|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who helps Enkidu and Gilgamesh defeat Humbaba?
(a) Animals in the forest
(b) The shepherds
(d) They do not defeat Humbaba.
2. Who is Ninsun?
(a) Enkidu's wife
(b) Gilgamesh's wife
(c) Enkidu's mother
(d) Gilgamesh's mother
3. What do the axe and meteorite signify in relationship to Enkidu?
(a) They are weapons Gilgamesh will use to destroy Uruk
(b) They are elements of the relationship between Enkidu and Gilgamesh
(c) They predict how he will die
(d) They are weapons Enkidu will use to kill Gilgamesh
4. Where does Gilgamesh vow to throw Humbaba's body?
(a) On the plain
(b) In Ishtar's castle
(c) At the gods
(d) In the river
5. How many layers of armor does Humbaba usually wear?
Short Answer Questions
1. Humbaba's mouth and breath are like what?
2. Who interprets Gilgamesh's dreams?
3. Who pulls Gilgamesh from under the toppled mountain in his dream?
4. Gilgamesh is ____________, while Enkidu is _____________.
5. Why does Enkidu not like living in the city?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the monument Gilgamesh has constructed in Enkidu's honor. What precious stones are used? Why are these stones chosen?
2. How does the relationship between Gilgamesh and Enkidu continue to grow on their journey?
3. Discuss why Gilgamesh has such a difficult time dealing with Enkidu's death.
4. Describe where the Gilgamesh tablets are found and who found them.
5. Describe the weapons Gilgamesh and Enkidu arm themselves with to fight Humbaba.
6. Describe Enkidu and Gilgamesh's relationship.
7. What legend surrounds Gilgamesh's birth?
8. Describe the disappointment awaiting Gilgamesh when he finally meets Utnapishtim.
9. Describe Gilgamesh's answer to Siduri about why his appearance is so rough.
10. Describe Gilgamesh's journey through the mountain paths of Mashu.
This section contains 990 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)