|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Ninsun?
(a) Enkidu's wife
(b) Gilgamesh's wife
(c) Gilgamesh's mother
(d) Enkidu's mother
2. What is the name of the god to whom Ninsun prays?
3. What is stilled into silence when the men behold the forest?
(a) Their voices
(b) The wind
(c) The sound of the gods
(d) Humbaba's words
4. How many hours do Gilgamesh and Enkidu walk in one day?
(a) twenty-five double hours
(b) Fifty double hours
(c) twenty double hours
(d) thirty double hours
5. Humbaba's mouth and breath are like what?
(a) A cave and hell
(b) Fire and Lightening
(c) Death and thunder
(d) Fire and death
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the people of Uruk do with the axe in Gilgamesh's dream?
2. What does Humbaba do to make Gilgamesh afraid?
3. Gilgamesh's dreams are a realization of his personal what?
4. Humbaba asks Gilgamesh to not do what to him?
5. Gilgamesh is ____________, while Enkidu is _____________.
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Urshanabi prevented from immediately conducting Gilgamesh across the sea?
2. Describe where the Gilgamesh tablets are found and who found them.
3. What legend surrounds Gilgamesh's birth?
4. Why do the scorpion people finally agree to let Gilgamesh pass through the gates into the mountain paths?
5. Describe the items Isthar promises Gilgamesh if he will become her husband.
6. Describe what Enkidu sees in his dream of the underworld.
7. What does Shamash say to Enkidu after Enkidu curses the courtesan?
8. Describe the weapons Gilgamesh and Enkidu arm themselves with to fight Humbaba.
9. Discuss the procession that sees Gilgamesh off on his adventure.
10. Why must Gilgamesh confront the demon as soon as they arrive at the cedar forest?
This section contains 890 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)