|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many layers of armor does Humbaba usually wear?
2. With whom does Enkidu live?
(a) The woman
(b) A pack of wolves
(c) A group of shepherds
(d) The gods
3. Where is Enkidu raised?
(a) In a city full of Gilgamesh's enemies
(c) With the gods
(d) The wilderness
4. Where do Gilgamesh and Enkidu go to contemplate their course of action and interpret Gilgamesh's dreams?
(a) The forest
(b) The temple
(c) The river
(d) The plain
5. How many hours do Gilgamesh and Enkidu walk in one day?
(a) twenty-five double hours
(b) twenty double hours
(c) Fifty double hours
(d) thirty double hours
Short Answer Questions
1. The tale of Gilgamesh is carved on what type of stone?
2. What is the woman called who seduces Enkidu?
3. Who appointed Humbaba protector of the forest?
4. Line 42 at the end of Tablet 4 is called what kind of line?
5. Where does Gilgamesh vow to throw Humbaba's body?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Gilgamesh's journey through the mountain paths of Mashu.
2. When Enkidu tells Gilgamesh about Humbaba the demon is he trying to warn Gilgamesh? Why does Gilgamesh not listen?
3. Discuss why Gilgamesh has such a difficult time dealing with Enkidu's death.
4. After hearing about Ishtar's many lovers, what type of woman/goddess do you think she is?
5. Describe the monument Gilgamesh has constructed in Enkidu's honor. What precious stones are used? Why are these stones chosen?
6. Describe the city of Uruk.
7. Describe Enkidu and Gilgamesh's relationship.
8. Discuss why Enkidu is angered by news of the celebration in Uruk.
9. Why does Enkidu not like living in the city?
10. Compare and contrast Gilgamesh's insult to Ishtar with the one issued by Enkidu.
This section contains 897 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)