Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many days does the journey to the Cedar Forest take?
(a) One week
(b) Six days
(c) One month
(d) Six months
2. Who intercedes to help Gilgamesh overcome Humbaba?
3. Which god is said to have her throne in the Cedar Forest?
4. Who is Ninsun?
(a) Gilgamesh's mother
(b) Gilgamesh's wife
(c) Enkidu's wife
(d) Enkidu's mother
5. What does Enkidu forget when he is sitting before the courtesan?
(a) Where he was born
(b) Who his parents are
(c) His own name
(d) The courtesan's name
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the people of Uruk say about Enkidu when they first see him?
2. What does Enkidu have knowledge of after being with the woman?
3. How many layers of armor has Humbaba put on when Gilgamesh and Enkidu arrive at the gate to the forest?
4. What university in Pennsylvania owns a large portion of the Gilgamesh tablets?
5. What happens when Gilgamesh and Enkidu fight?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Gilgamesh's journey through the mountain paths of Mashu.
2. Describe the weapons Gilgamesh and Enkidu arm themselves with to fight Humbaba.
3. Describe Enkidu's relationship with the shepherds.
4. How does Gilgamesh's decision to cut down all the trees of the cedar forest represent his continued rashness and inability to exercise moderation?
5. What legend surrounds Gilgamesh's birth?
6. Discuss why Enkidu is angered by news of the celebration in Uruk.
7. Describe the garden which greets Gilgamesh once he journeys through the darkness of the mountain pass.
8. Describe the fight between Enlil and Shamash over which man will die - Gilgamesh or Enkidu.
9. Why is Urshanabi prevented from immediately conducting Gilgamesh across the sea?
10. Describe the city of Uruk.
This section contains 938 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)