|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which four gods argue over Gilgamesh and Enkidu?
(a) Ea, Anu, Enlil and Shamash
(b) Ishtar, Anu, Anil, Shamash
(c) Ea, Shamash, Enlil, Ninsun
(d) Shamash, Anu, Eamon, Ninsun
2. What is the name of the gardener with whom Ishtar falls in love?
3. What does Gilgamesh put over Enkidu when he is dead?
(a) Fir branches
(b) A wolf pelt
(c) A veil like a bride
(d) A royal cloak
4. Shamash does not understand Enkidu's curse against who/what?
(a) The trapper
(b) The gate
(d) The courtesan
5. Gilgamesh is now afraid of what?
(b) Wild animals
(c) The forest
(d) The desert
6. Gilgamesh is afraid he will die in what?
(b) Old age
(d) A feast
7. To whom does Gilgamesh address his lamentions?
(a) The elders
8. Gilgamesh refers to Enkidu as his friend and what?
(b) Younger brother
9. What is made for Siduri?
(a) A golden garment
(b) A golden crown
(c) A golden mashing vat
(d) A golden statue
10. Enkidu curses three people/things as he lies dying. Who are they?
(a) Shamash, Ninsun, Ishtar
(b) Gilgamesh, Ishtar, Ninsun
(c) The shepherds, Humbaba, the courtesan
(d) The gate, the trapper, the courtesan
11. Who does Siduri think Gilgamesh is when she sees him?
(a) A demon
(c) A god
(d) A criminal
12. What does Gilgamesh do when he arrives on Utnapishtim's shore?
(a) Constructs a statue
(b) Pours out his wine in sacrifice
(c) Ungirds his loins and takes off his clothes
(d) Thanks the ferry man
13. Who notices Gilgamesh's beauty after he has cleaned himself?
14. When Enkidu curses the trapper, he wishes that his game will do what?
(a) Eat his family
(b) Turn against him
(c) Escape him
(d) Kill him
15. Gilgamesh raises his voice like what animal crying for her young?
(a) A bear
(b) A lioness
(c) A wolf
(d) A bird
Short Answer Questions
1. How many poles does Gilgamesh use to push the boat across the sea?
2. What does Ishtar say Gilgamesh's goats shall bear?
3. What animal did Enkidu chase on the steppe?
4. What does Ishtar turn the gardener into?
5. What word does Gilgamesh use to refer to Enkidu's death in line 13 of Column 2?
This section contains 370 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)