|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who dreams the night of the heroes feast?
(d) The shepherds
2. Who is Urshanabi?
(a) Utnapishtim's ferryman
(b) The goddess of the sea
(c) A demon Gilgamesh must kill
(d) Shamash's ferryman
3. What does Gilgamesh see when he steps into the light?
(b) The underworld
(c) The top of the mountain
(d) A beautiful garden
4. When Gilgamesh spurns Ishtar, from whom does the goddess ask for help?
(c) Her parents, Anu and Antum
5. What does Enkidu wish he had done to the gate of the Cedar Forest?
(a) Burned it down
(b) Never touched it
(c) Chopped it to pieces
(d) Broke it down
6. Which four gods argue over Gilgamesh and Enkidu?
(a) Ishtar, Anu, Anil, Shamash
(b) Shamash, Anu, Eamon, Ninsun
(c) Ea, Shamash, Enlil, Ninsun
(d) Ea, Anu, Enlil and Shamash
7. What does Gilgamesh do with his hair and clothes?
(a) Pulls them out/off and throws them away
(b) Rips out his hair and covers his clothes with ash
(c) Cuts them off
(d) Cuts his hair and burns his clothes
8. Why does Gilgamesh tell the scorpion man he has come to Mashu?
(a) To speak of matters of life and death
(b) To swim impossible seas
(c) To seek his own death
(d) To climb Mashu
9. What happens to Enkidu after the gods fight?
(a) He is killed by wolves.
(b) He falls ill.
(c) Gilgamesh kills him.
(d) Ishtar murders him.
10. Irkalla is the queen of what?
(a) The forest
(b) The sea
(c) The underworld
(d) The heavens
11. What word does Gilgamesh use to refer to Enkidu's death in line 13 of Column 2?
12. What does Enkidu throw at Ishtar?
(a) A spear
(b) The bull's heart
(c) The bull's horns
(d) The bull's right thigh
13. Gilgamesh raises his voice like what animal crying for her young?
(a) A bird
(b) A bear
(c) A lioness
(d) A wolf
14. What is Enkidu transformed into in order to journey to the underworld?
(a) A wolf
(b) A bear
(c) A dog
(d) A bird
15. To whom does Gilgamesh address his lamentions?
(b) The elders
Short Answer Questions
1. What is made for Siduri?
2. What does the mountain watch over?
3. Which god does not want either man to die?
4. Where does Enkidu go in his dream?
5. How many pits did Ishtar dig for the lion?
This section contains 416 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)