|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Enkidu curses three people/things as he lies dying. Who are they?
(a) The shepherds, Humbaba, the courtesan
(b) The gate, the trapper, the courtesan
(c) Gilgamesh, Ishtar, Ninsun
(d) Shamash, Ninsun, Ishtar
2. Who guards the mountain?
(a) Another demon like Humbaba
(b) The scorpion people
(c) A pack of werewolves
(d) A three headed dog
3. In what river do the two men wash their hands?
4. To what does Gilgamesh compare Enkidu?
(a) Weapons that are always by his side
(c) One of the gods
(d) A great bear
5. What does Gilgamesh break when he meets Urshanabi?
(a) The boat
(b) The dock
(c) The boat oars
(d) Stone items needed to cross the sea
6. What is the name of the gardener with whom Ishtar falls in love?
7. When Enkidu curses the trapper, he wishes that his game will do what?
(a) Escape him
(b) Turn against him
(c) Kill him
(d) Eat his family
8. What does Gilgamesh have to do before they can start their journey?
(a) Perform a ritual sacrifice
(b) Cut long poles from the forest
(c) Give Urshanabi money
(d) Pray to Shamash
9. Gilgamesh is afraid he will die in what?
(a) A feast
(d) Old age
10. What does Enkidu do after talking with Shamash?
(a) Changes the courtesan's curse into a blessing
(b) Curses Shamash
11. Who did Gilgamesh get to kiss Enkidu's feet?
(b) The gods
(d) The princes of the earth
12. Gilgamesh is now afraid of what?
(a) The desert
(c) The forest
(d) Wild animals
13. How does Gilgamesh cry?
(a) Like soft rain cloud
(b) Like a thunder storm
(c) Like a wailing woman
(d) Like a dove
14. What happens when Enkidu enters the underworld?
(a) He is sent to heaven.
(b) He is told to return to Uruk.
(c) He is placed in chains.
(d) He is taken away.
15. To whom does Gilgamesh tell Enkidu's dream?
(c) The shepherds
Short Answer Questions
1. Gilgamesh refers to Enkidu as his friend and what?
2. Gilgamesh raises his voice like what animal crying for her young?
3. Which four gods argue over Gilgamesh and Enkidu?
4. Gilgamesh calls Enkidu his friend and what?
5. What does Gilgamesh do with his hair and clothes?
This section contains 403 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)