|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the chariot made of that Ishtar promises Gilgamesh?
(a) Silver and Gold
(b) Iron Ore and Silver
(c) Copper and Lapis
(d) Lapis Lazuli and gold
2. Who does Siduri say is the only person able to cross the sea to Utnapishtim?
(a) No one
(d) The other gods
3. What does Enkidu wish he had done to the gate of the Cedar Forest?
(a) Never touched it
(b) Chopped it to pieces
(c) Burned it down
(d) Broke it down
4. Which four gods argue over Gilgamesh and Enkidu?
(a) Ishtar, Anu, Anil, Shamash
(b) Ea, Anu, Enlil and Shamash
(c) Ea, Shamash, Enlil, Ninsun
(d) Shamash, Anu, Eamon, Ninsun
5. Gilgamesh calls Enkidu his friend and what?
(a) First Mate
(d) Younger brother
6. Irkalla is the queen of what?
(a) The sea
(b) The forest
(c) The underworld
(d) The heavens
7. What does Ishtar say Gilgamesh's goats shall bear?
(a) Many offspring
(c) Horns of gold
8. What does Gilgamesh put over Enkidu when he is dead?
(a) A veil like a bride
(b) Fir branches
(c) A wolf pelt
(d) A royal cloak
9. To whom does Gilgamesh tell Enkidu's dream?
(b) The shepherds
10. What happens to Enkidu after the gods fight?
(a) Gilgamesh kills him.
(b) He is killed by wolves.
(c) Ishtar murders him.
(d) He falls ill.
11. What does Gilgamesh do with his hair and clothes?
(a) Cuts his hair and burns his clothes
(b) Pulls them out/off and throws them away
(c) Rips out his hair and covers his clothes with ash
(d) Cuts them off
12. Gilgamesh is now afraid of what?
(a) The desert
(b) The forest
(c) Wild animals
13. What does Gilgamesh break when he meets Urshanabi?
(a) The dock
(b) Stone items needed to cross the sea
(c) The boat oars
(d) The boat
14. How does Gilgamesh finally know that Enkidu is dead?
(a) Enkidu's body begins to rot away.
(b) Enkidu is dark and cannot hear Gilgamesh.
(c) The animals come to eat the dead meat.
(d) The priests take Enkidu's body away.
15. When does Gilgamesh begin mourning for Enkidu?
(a) At noon
(b) At midnight
(c) At morning's first glimmer
(d) At sunset
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Gilgamesh and Enkidu do after killing the bull of heaven?
2. Why does Gilgamesh tell the scorpion man he has come to Mashu?
3. What does Ishtar turn the gardener into?
4. What does the mountain watch over?
5. Who is Urshanabi?
This section contains 446 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)