|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the barmaid who dwells by the sea?
2. What does the mountain watch over?
(a) The rising and setting of the sun
(b) The rising and setting of the moon
(c) The tides of the sea
(d) The people of Uruk
3. What is the chariot made of that Ishtar promises Gilgamesh?
(a) Copper and Lapis
(b) Iron Ore and Silver
(c) Silver and Gold
(d) Lapis Lazuli and gold
4. What did Gilgamesh think would bring Enkidu back to life?
(a) A sacrifice to the gods
(b) His lamenting
(c) The great statue
(d) A journey to Utnapishtim
5. What type of demons will pull Gilgamesh's chariot?
6. Gilgamesh calls Enkidu his friend and what?
(c) First Mate
(d) Younger brother
7. Why does Gilgamesh tell the scorpion man he has come to Mashu?
(a) To seek his own death
(b) To swim impossible seas
(c) To speak of matters of life and death
(d) To climb Mashu
8. What does Gilgamesh do with his hair and clothes?
(a) Cuts them off
(b) Pulls them out/off and throws them away
(c) Rips out his hair and covers his clothes with ash
(d) Cuts his hair and burns his clothes
9. Gilgamesh is now afraid of what?
(a) The desert
(c) Wild animals
(d) The forest
10. How does Gilgamesh finally know that Enkidu is dead?
(a) Enkidu's body begins to rot away.
(b) The priests take Enkidu's body away.
(c) The animals come to eat the dead meat.
(d) Enkidu is dark and cannot hear Gilgamesh.
11. Who is Sin?
(a) The sun goddess
(b) The god of the river
(c) The moon god
(d) The god of the sea
12. Who does Siduri say is the only person able to cross the sea to Utnapishtim?
(a) No one
(b) The other gods
13. To whom does Gilgamesh tell Enkidu's dream?
(c) The shepherds
14. What does Gilgamesh do when he arrives on Utnapishtim's shore?
(a) Constructs a statue
(b) Thanks the ferry man
(c) Ungirds his loins and takes off his clothes
(d) Pours out his wine in sacrifice
15. What does Gilgamesh break when he meets Urshanabi?
(a) The boat
(b) The boat oars
(c) The dock
(d) Stone items needed to cross the sea
Short Answer Questions
1. To whom does Gilgamesh address his lamentions?
2. Who does Siduri think Gilgamesh is when she sees him?
3. Where does Enkidu go in his dream?
4. How many double hours does Gilgamesh travel before finding light?
5. What does Gilgamesh see when he steps into the light?
This section contains 431 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)