|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the variegated roller yell?
(a) Love Me
(d) Help Me
2. Who is Utnapishtim?
(a) The god of the moon
(b) The Babylonian Noah
(c) The goddess of the sea
(d) The god of the underworld
3. What animal did Enkidu chase on the steppe?
(a) A fox
(b) A wolf
(c) A panther
(d) A bear
4. Who does Siduri think Gilgamesh is when she sees him?
(a) A god
(b) A criminal
(d) A demon
5. What does Gilgamesh see when he steps into the light?
(a) A beautiful garden
(b) The underworld
(c) The top of the mountain
6. What happens when Enkidu enters the underworld?
(a) He is told to return to Uruk.
(b) He is taken away.
(c) He is sent to heaven.
(d) He is placed in chains.
7. Gilgamesh raises his voice like what animal crying for her young?
(a) A bird
(b) A bear
(c) A lioness
(d) A wolf
8. To whom does Gilgamesh address his lamentions?
(c) The elders
9. How does Gilgamesh finally know that Enkidu is dead?
(a) Enkidu is dark and cannot hear Gilgamesh.
(b) Enkidu's body begins to rot away.
(c) The priests take Enkidu's body away.
(d) The animals come to eat the dead meat.
10. What does Ishtar say Gilgamesh's goats shall bear?
(c) Horns of gold
(d) Many offspring
11. How far down does the mountain reach?
(a) The otherside of the world
(b) The top of the temple in Uruk
(c) Into the Underworld
(d) The bottom of the sea
12. Which god does not want either man to die?
13. Why does Gilgamesh say his appearance is so ragged?
(a) Because he lost his old clothes
(b) Because he is mourning Enkidu
(c) Because he has no way to clean himself
(d) Because he has traveled far
14. How many double hours does Gilgamesh travel before finding light?
15. When Enkidu curses the trapper, he wishes that his game will do what?
(a) Turn against him
(b) Kill him
(c) Escape him
(d) Eat his family
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Gilgamesh think would bring Enkidu back to life?
2. How will Gilgamesh dress after Enkidu's burial?
3. What is the name of the mountain to where Gilgamesh travels?
4. What does the old man tell Gilgamesh when he reaches the opposite shore?
5. Why does Gilgamesh tell the scorpion man he has come to Mashu?
This section contains 446 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)