|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Enlil decrees that which man shall die?
(c) The Shepherd
2. What do Gilgamesh and Enkidu do after killing the bull of heaven?
(a) Cut out its heart
(b) Buried the carcass
(c) Cut off its head
(d) Threw the horns into the river
3. What does Gilgamesh do with his hair and clothes?
(a) Rips out his hair and covers his clothes with ash
(b) Cuts them off
(c) Pulls them out/off and throws them away
(d) Cuts his hair and burns his clothes
4. To whom does Gilgamesh address his lamentions?
(d) The elders
5. What does Gilgamesh see when he steps into the light?
(a) The underworld
(b) A beautiful garden
(d) The top of the mountain
6. What is Enkidu transformed into in order to journey to the underworld?
(a) A wolf
(b) A bear
(c) A bird
(d) A dog
7. How many double hours does Gilgamesh travel before finding light?
8. Why does Gilgamesh say his appearance is so ragged?
(a) Because he lost his old clothes
(b) Because he has no way to clean himself
(c) Because he is mourning Enkidu
(d) Because he has traveled far
9. How does Gilgamesh cry?
(a) Like a thunder storm
(b) Like a wailing woman
(c) Like soft rain cloud
(d) Like a dove
10. What is made for Siduri?
(a) A golden mashing vat
(b) A golden statue
(c) A golden garment
(d) A golden crown
11. Who does Siduri think Gilgamesh is when she sees him?
(b) A criminal
(c) A god
(d) A demon
12. When Gilgamesh spurns Ishtar, from whom does the goddess ask for help?
(b) Her parents, Anu and Antum
13. Where is Gilgamesh speedily going?
14. What does Enkidu throw at Ishtar?
(a) A spear
(b) The bull's heart
(c) The bull's right thigh
(d) The bull's horns
15. How far down does the mountain reach?
(a) The otherside of the world
(b) Into the Underworld
(c) The bottom of the sea
(d) The top of the temple in Uruk
Short Answer Questions
1. Which god does not want either man to die?
2. What does Gilgamesh do when he arrives on Utnapishtim's shore?
3. What does Gilgamesh do with the horns of the bull of heaven?
4. What presumably is written on the scribes tablet in the underworld?
5. What animal did Enkidu chase on the steppe?
This section contains 420 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)