|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Gilgamesh and Enkidu do after killing the bull of heaven?
(a) Buried the carcass
(b) Threw the horns into the river
(c) Cut off its head
(d) Cut out its heart
2. What does Gilgamesh see when he steps into the light?
(a) A beautiful garden
(c) The top of the mountain
(d) The underworld
3. Which four gods argue over Gilgamesh and Enkidu?
(a) Ishtar, Anu, Anil, Shamash
(b) Ea, Shamash, Enlil, Ninsun
(c) Shamash, Anu, Eamon, Ninsun
(d) Ea, Anu, Enlil and Shamash
4. What does the old man tell Gilgamesh when he reaches the opposite shore?
(a) That Gilgamesh is trapped in the underworld
(b) That Gilgamesh must die in order to bring Enkidu back to life
(c) That everyone dies
(d) That Utnapishtim is not there
5. Shamash does not understand Enkidu's curse against who/what?
(a) The courtesan
(b) The trapper
(c) The gate
6. To whom does Gilgamesh address his lamentions?
(b) The elders
7. What does the mountain watch over?
(a) The rising and setting of the sun
(b) The tides of the sea
(c) The rising and setting of the moon
(d) The people of Uruk
8. What is the name of the mountain to where Gilgamesh travels?
9. When does Gilgamesh begin mourning for Enkidu?
(a) At sunset
(b) At noon
(c) At morning's first glimmer
(d) At midnight
10. Who notices Gilgamesh's beauty after he has cleaned himself?
11. What other name does Enkidu call the courtesan?
(a) A queen
(b) A prostitute
12. What is the name of the gardener with whom Ishtar falls in love?
13. Who is Utnapishtim?
(a) The goddess of the sea
(b) The god of the underworld
(c) The god of the moon
(d) The Babylonian Noah
14. What does Ishtar turn the gardener into?
(a) A thorn brush
(b) A tree
(c) A rose bush
(d) A mole
15. Gilgamesh is now afraid of what?
(a) The forest
(c) Wild animals
(d) The desert
Short Answer Questions
1. How will Gilgamesh dress after Enkidu's burial?
2. Gilgamesh calls Enkidu his friend and what?
3. Who does Siduri say is the only person able to cross the sea to Utnapishtim?
4. What does the bull of heaven do on his third snort?
5. What does Gilgamesh break when he meets Urshanabi?
This section contains 405 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)