|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How will Gilgamesh dress after Enkidu's burial?
(a) In new garments
(b) In leaves and twigs
(c) He will grow long hair and wear a lion skin
(d) In Enkidu's old clothes
2. What does the bull of heaven do on his third snort?
(a) Attack Gilgamesh
(b) Kill five hundred men
(c) Attack Enkidu
(d) Kill Ishtar
3. Gilgamesh is afraid he will die in what?
(a) Old age
(c) A feast
4. What does the mountain watch over?
(a) The people of Uruk
(b) The rising and setting of the moon
(c) The tides of the sea
(d) The rising and setting of the sun
5. What is Enkidu transformed into in order to journey to the underworld?
(a) A dog
(b) A wolf
(c) A bear
(d) A bird
6. What does Gilgamesh have to do before they can start their journey?
(a) Cut long poles from the forest
(b) Perform a ritual sacrifice
(c) Give Urshanabi money
(d) Pray to Shamash
7. When Enkidu curses the trapper, he wishes that his game will do what?
(a) Kill him
(b) Eat his family
(c) Turn against him
(d) Escape him
8. Who does Siduri say is the only person able to cross the sea to Utnapishtim?
(a) The other gods
(b) No one
9. What presumably is written on the scribes tablet in the underworld?
(a) Enkidu's name
(b) Shamash's name
(c) Utnapishtim's name
(d) Gilgamesh's name
10. What happens to Enkidu after the gods fight?
(a) Ishtar murders him.
(b) Gilgamesh kills him.
(c) He falls ill.
(d) He is killed by wolves.
11. What other name does Enkidu call the courtesan?
(a) A queen
(d) A prostitute
12. What did Gilgamesh think would bring Enkidu back to life?
(a) A sacrifice to the gods
(b) His lamenting
(c) The great statue
(d) A journey to Utnapishtim
13. Where is Gilgamesh speedily going?
14. What is made for Siduri?
(a) A golden garment
(b) A golden statue
(c) A golden mashing vat
(d) A golden crown
15. How does Gilgamesh cry?
(a) Like a thunder storm
(b) Like a wailing woman
(c) Like soft rain cloud
(d) Like a dove
Short Answer Questions
1. Where will Gilgamesh live after Enkidu's burial?
2. How does Gilgamesh finally know that Enkidu is dead?
3. What does the old man tell Gilgamesh when he reaches the opposite shore?
4. Gilgamesh is now afraid of what?
5. What is the name of the barmaid who dwells by the sea?
This section contains 446 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)