|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the barmaid who dwells by the sea?
2. What did Ishtar turn the shepherd into?
(b) A Wolf
(c) A tree
(d) A sheep
3. What animal did Enkidu chase on the steppe?
(a) A wolf
(b) A panther
(c) A fox
(d) A bear
4. Which four gods argue over Gilgamesh and Enkidu?
(a) Ea, Anu, Enlil and Shamash
(b) Ea, Shamash, Enlil, Ninsun
(c) Ishtar, Anu, Anil, Shamash
(d) Shamash, Anu, Eamon, Ninsun
5. What does Gilgamesh do with his hair and clothes?
(a) Pulls them out/off and throws them away
(b) Rips out his hair and covers his clothes with ash
(c) Cuts his hair and burns his clothes
(d) Cuts them off
6. Who did Gilgamesh get to kiss Enkidu's feet?
(a) The gods
(c) The princes of the earth
7. What is Enkidu transformed into in order to journey to the underworld?
(a) A bear
(b) A wolf
(c) A dog
(d) A bird
8. To whom does Gilgamesh tell Enkidu's dream?
(b) The shepherds
9. What word does Gilgamesh use to refer to Enkidu's death in line 13 of Column 2?
10. How many double hours does Gilgamesh travel before finding light?
11. What other name does Enkidu call the courtesan?
(a) A prostitute
(b) A queen
12. What does Gilgamesh see when he steps into the light?
(a) The top of the mountain
(b) A beautiful garden
(c) The underworld
13. Enkidu curses three people/things as he lies dying. Who are they?
(a) The gate, the trapper, the courtesan
(b) Gilgamesh, Ishtar, Ninsun
(c) The shepherds, Humbaba, the courtesan
(d) Shamash, Ninsun, Ishtar
14. What is the chariot made of that Ishtar promises Gilgamesh?
(a) Lapis Lazuli and gold
(b) Copper and Lapis
(c) Silver and Gold
(d) Iron Ore and Silver
15. What does Gilgamesh do with the horns of the bull of heaven?
(a) Hangs them in his throne room
(b) Hangs them in the temple
(c) Hangs them above the door to his palace
(d) Sacrifices them to Shamash
Short Answer Questions
1. What is made for Siduri?
2. What does Gilgamesh put over Enkidu when he is dead?
3. What does Gilgamesh have to do before they can start their journey?
4. Who guards the mountain?
5. What presumably is written on the scribes tablet in the underworld?
This section contains 419 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)