|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the bull of heaven do on his third snort?
(a) Kill Ishtar
(b) Kill five hundred men
(c) Attack Gilgamesh
(d) Attack Enkidu
2. Why does Gilgamesh tell the scorpion man he has come to Mashu?
(a) To seek his own death
(b) To swim impossible seas
(c) To speak of matters of life and death
(d) To climb Mashu
3. Gilgamesh calls Enkidu his friend and what?
(b) First Mate
(d) Younger brother
4. What does Gilgamesh see when he steps into the light?
(a) The top of the mountain
(b) A beautiful garden
(c) The underworld
5. What does the old man tell Gilgamesh when he reaches the opposite shore?
(a) That everyone dies
(b) That Utnapishtim is not there
(c) That Gilgamesh must die in order to bring Enkidu back to life
(d) That Gilgamesh is trapped in the underworld
6. What does Gilgamesh do with the horns of the bull of heaven?
(a) Hangs them above the door to his palace
(b) Sacrifices them to Shamash
(c) Hangs them in his throne room
(d) Hangs them in the temple
7. What is the chariot made of that Ishtar promises Gilgamesh?
(a) Copper and Lapis
(b) Silver and Gold
(c) Lapis Lazuli and gold
(d) Iron Ore and Silver
8. When Gilgamesh spurns Ishtar, from whom does the goddess ask for help?
(c) Her parents, Anu and Antum
9. Where will Gilgamesh live after Enkidu's burial?
(a) He will roam the desert.
(b) He will live in the temple.
(c) He will live in the cedar forest.
(d) He will stay with the shepherds.
10. What does Enkidu throw at Ishtar?
(a) The bull's horns
(b) A spear
(c) The bull's right thigh
(d) The bull's heart
11. Who arises to rob Gilgamesh in Line 7 of Column 2?
(a) The people of Uruk
(d) An evil foe
12. How many poles does Gilgamesh use to push the boat across the sea?
(c) One hundred and twenty
13. Gilgamesh is now afraid of what?
(a) The forest
(b) The desert
(d) Wild animals
14. Who notices Gilgamesh's beauty after he has cleaned himself?
15. What is Enkidu transformed into in order to journey to the underworld?
(a) A dog
(b) A wolf
(c) A bear
(d) A bird
Short Answer Questions
1. What word does Gilgamesh use to refer to Enkidu's death in line 13 of Column 2?
2. Gilgamesh is afraid he will die in what?
3. What type of demons will pull Gilgamesh's chariot?
4. How does Gilgamesh finally know that Enkidu is dead?
5. What animal did Enkidu chase on the steppe?
This section contains 435 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)