|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Enkidu wish he had done to the gate of the Cedar Forest?
(a) Burned it down
(b) Chopped it to pieces
(c) Never touched it
(d) Broke it down
2. What does Gilgamesh do with the horns of the bull of heaven?
(a) Sacrifices them to Shamash
(b) Hangs them in the temple
(c) Hangs them above the door to his palace
(d) Hangs them in his throne room
3. How many pits did Ishtar dig for the lion?
(a) Seven and yet seven
4. Who is Urshanabi?
(a) A demon Gilgamesh must kill
(b) Utnapishtim's ferryman
(c) The goddess of the sea
(d) Shamash's ferryman
5. What does Ishtar say Gilgamesh's goats shall bear?
(a) Horns of gold
(b) Many offspring
6. How will Gilgamesh dress after Enkidu's burial?
(a) In leaves and twigs
(b) He will grow long hair and wear a lion skin
(c) In new garments
(d) In Enkidu's old clothes
7. In what river do the two men wash their hands?
8. How does Gilgamesh check to see if Enkidu is still alive?
(a) Feels for breath
(b) Touches his heart
(c) Looks in his eyes
(d) Checks his temperature
9. When Enkidu curses the trapper, he wishes that his game will do what?
(a) Kill him
(b) Escape him
(c) Turn against him
(d) Eat his family
10. Who is Utnapishtim?
(a) The goddess of the sea
(b) The Babylonian Noah
(c) The god of the underworld
(d) The god of the moon
11. What does the mountain watch over?
(a) The tides of the sea
(b) The people of Uruk
(c) The rising and setting of the sun
(d) The rising and setting of the moon
12. What happens when Enkidu enters the underworld?
(a) He is placed in chains.
(b) He is taken away.
(c) He is told to return to Uruk.
(d) He is sent to heaven.
13. Who does Siduri think Gilgamesh is when she sees him?
(a) A god
(b) A demon
(d) A criminal
14. What other name does Enkidu call the courtesan?
(a) A queen
(d) A prostitute
15. Who guards the mountain?
(a) A pack of werewolves
(b) The scorpion people
(c) A three headed dog
(d) Another demon like Humbaba
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Gilgamesh speedily going?
2. When Gilgamesh spurns Ishtar, from whom does the goddess ask for help?
3. What does Enkidu throw at Ishtar?
4. What is Enkidu transformed into in order to journey to the underworld?
5. How far down does the mountain reach?
This section contains 421 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)