|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Gilgamesh refers to Enkidu as his friend and what?
(c) Younger brother
2. What happens when Enkidu enters the underworld?
(a) He is taken away.
(b) He is placed in chains.
(c) He is told to return to Uruk.
(d) He is sent to heaven.
3. Where does Enkidu go in his dream?
(a) To the Cedar Forest
(b) To live with the gods
(c) Back to the Shepherds
(d) To the house of Irkalla
4. What animal did Enkidu chase on the steppe?
(a) A panther
(b) A bear
(c) A wolf
(d) A fox
5. What is Enkidu transformed into in order to journey to the underworld?
(a) A bird
(b) A dog
(c) A bear
(d) A wolf
6. Who is Utnapishtim?
(a) The god of the underworld
(b) The Babylonian Noah
(c) The god of the moon
(d) The goddess of the sea
7. How will Gilgamesh dress after Enkidu's burial?
(a) In Enkidu's old clothes
(b) In leaves and twigs
(c) He will grow long hair and wear a lion skin
(d) In new garments
8. What does Ishtar turn the gardener into?
(a) A tree
(b) A thorn brush
(c) A rose bush
(d) A mole
9. What did Gilgamesh think would bring Enkidu back to life?
(a) A sacrifice to the gods
(b) His lamenting
(c) The great statue
(d) A journey to Utnapishtim
10. How far down does the mountain reach?
(a) The bottom of the sea
(b) The otherside of the world
(c) Into the Underworld
(d) The top of the temple in Uruk
11. How does Gilgamesh cry?
(a) Like a thunder storm
(b) Like a dove
(c) Like soft rain cloud
(d) Like a wailing woman
12. When does Gilgamesh begin mourning for Enkidu?
(a) At morning's first glimmer
(b) At midnight
(c) At noon
(d) At sunset
13. Which god does not want either man to die?
14. Gilgamesh raises his voice like what animal crying for her young?
(a) A wolf
(b) A bear
(c) A bird
(d) A lioness
15. How does Gilgamesh finally know that Enkidu is dead?
(a) Enkidu is dark and cannot hear Gilgamesh.
(b) Enkidu's body begins to rot away.
(c) The priests take Enkidu's body away.
(d) The animals come to eat the dead meat.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Enkidu wish he had done to the gate of the Cedar Forest?
2. What does the variegated roller yell?
3. What are the names of the two kings Enkidu identifies in the underworld?
4. What did Ishtar turn the shepherd into?
5. How many poles does Gilgamesh use to push the boat across the sea?
This section contains 422 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)