|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the variegated roller yell?
(b) Help Me
(c) Love Me
2. How many pits did Ishtar dig for the lion?
(d) Seven and yet seven
3. In what river do the two men wash their hands?
4. What does Gilgamesh see when he steps into the light?
(a) A beautiful garden
(b) The underworld
(d) The top of the mountain
5. What does Gilgamesh do when he arrives on Utnapishtim's shore?
(a) Thanks the ferry man
(b) Ungirds his loins and takes off his clothes
(c) Constructs a statue
(d) Pours out his wine in sacrifice
6. What does Enkidu throw at Ishtar?
(a) The bull's horns
(b) A spear
(c) The bull's right thigh
(d) The bull's heart
7. Enlil decrees that which man shall die?
(c) The Shepherd
8. Where does Enkidu go in his dream?
(a) To live with the gods
(b) To the Cedar Forest
(c) To the house of Irkalla
(d) Back to the Shepherds
9. What does Gilgamesh do with his hair and clothes?
(a) Cuts them off
(b) Rips out his hair and covers his clothes with ash
(c) Pulls them out/off and throws them away
(d) Cuts his hair and burns his clothes
10. What presumably is written on the scribes tablet in the underworld?
(a) Utnapishtim's name
(b) Gilgamesh's name
(c) Shamash's name
(d) Enkidu's name
11. Shamash does not understand Enkidu's curse against who/what?
(a) The courtesan
(c) The gate
(d) The trapper
12. Which four gods argue over Gilgamesh and Enkidu?
(a) Ea, Anu, Enlil and Shamash
(b) Shamash, Anu, Eamon, Ninsun
(c) Ea, Shamash, Enlil, Ninsun
(d) Ishtar, Anu, Anil, Shamash
13. What are the names of the two kings Enkidu identifies in the underworld?
(a) Etana and Enlil
(b) Ninsun and Sumuqan
(c) Etana and Sumuqan
(d) Sumuqan and Thorazi
14. Including animals, how many lovers does Gilgamesh say that Ishtar has had?
15. Who dreams the night of the heroes feast?
(c) The shepherds
Short Answer Questions
1. Enkidu curses three people/things as he lies dying. Who are they?
2. What does the bull of heaven do on his third snort?
3. To whom does Gilgamesh address his lamentions?
4. Gilgamesh calls Enkidu his friend and what?
5. Irkalla is the queen of what?
This section contains 389 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)