|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the variegated roller yell?
(a) Love Me
(c) Help Me
2. When Enkidu curses the trapper, he wishes that his game will do what?
(a) Escape him
(b) Turn against him
(c) Kill him
(d) Eat his family
3. Where is Gilgamesh speedily going?
4. Who did Gilgamesh get to kiss Enkidu's feet?
(a) The gods
(d) The princes of the earth
5. How many poles does Gilgamesh use to push the boat across the sea?
(a) One hundred and twenty
6. Ishtar asks her father to give her ______________.
(a) The bull of heaven
(b) An army
(c) Humbaba's soul
(d) The key to the underworld
7. What does Enkidu do after talking with Shamash?
(b) Changes the courtesan's curse into a blessing
(d) Curses Shamash
8. What is the name of the gardener with whom Ishtar falls in love?
9. In what river do the two men wash their hands?
10. What word does Gilgamesh use to refer to Enkidu's death in line 13 of Column 2?
11. What did Ishtar turn the shepherd into?
(a) A Wolf
(b) A sheep
(d) A tree
12. Who dreams the night of the heroes feast?
(a) The shepherds
13. What do Gilgamesh and Enkidu do after killing the bull of heaven?
(a) Cut out its heart
(b) Threw the horns into the river
(c) Buried the carcass
(d) Cut off its head
14. Who guards the mountain?
(a) Another demon like Humbaba
(b) The scorpion people
(c) A three headed dog
(d) A pack of werewolves
15. How many double hours does Gilgamesh travel before finding light?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the old man tell Gilgamesh when he reaches the opposite shore?
2. What is the name of the mountain to where Gilgamesh travels?
3. What does Gilgamesh do with the horns of the bull of heaven?
4. Enlil decrees that which man shall die?
5. What does Ishtar say Gilgamesh's goats shall bear?
This section contains 375 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)