|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the bull of heaven do on his third snort?
(a) Kill five hundred men
(b) Kill Ishtar
(c) Attack Enkidu
(d) Attack Gilgamesh
2. What does Gilgamesh do with his hair and clothes?
(a) Rips out his hair and covers his clothes with ash
(b) Cuts them off
(c) Cuts his hair and burns his clothes
(d) Pulls them out/off and throws them away
3. How does Gilgamesh finally know that Enkidu is dead?
(a) Enkidu's body begins to rot away.
(b) The animals come to eat the dead meat.
(c) The priests take Enkidu's body away.
(d) Enkidu is dark and cannot hear Gilgamesh.
4. What is the name of the gardener with whom Ishtar falls in love?
5. In what river do the two men wash their hands?
6. What does Enkidu wish he had done to the gate of the Cedar Forest?
(a) Burned it down
(b) Broke it down
(c) Never touched it
(d) Chopped it to pieces
7. What does Gilgamesh do when he arrives on Utnapishtim's shore?
(a) Ungirds his loins and takes off his clothes
(b) Constructs a statue
(c) Thanks the ferry man
(d) Pours out his wine in sacrifice
8. Gilgamesh is now afraid of what?
(b) The desert
(c) Wild animals
(d) The forest
9. How will Gilgamesh dress after Enkidu's burial?
(a) In leaves and twigs
(b) In Enkidu's old clothes
(c) He will grow long hair and wear a lion skin
(d) In new garments
10. What is the name of the mountain to where Gilgamesh travels?
11. How many pits did Ishtar dig for the lion?
(d) Seven and yet seven
12. Who did Gilgamesh get to kiss Enkidu's feet?
(b) The gods
(d) The princes of the earth
13. Gilgamesh calls Enkidu his friend and what?
(b) First Mate
(c) Younger brother
14. What is the chariot made of that Ishtar promises Gilgamesh?
(a) Silver and Gold
(b) Lapis Lazuli and gold
(c) Copper and Lapis
(d) Iron Ore and Silver
15. What does Enkidu do after talking with Shamash?
(a) Changes the courtesan's curse into a blessing
(c) Curses Shamash
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the mountain watch over?
2. Which four gods argue over Gilgamesh and Enkidu?
3. What do Gilgamesh and Enkidu do after killing the bull of heaven?
4. Who guards the mountain?
5. What does Enkidu throw at Ishtar?
This section contains 448 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)