|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Gilgamesh check to see if Enkidu is still alive?
(a) Checks his temperature
(b) Feels for breath
(c) Touches his heart
(d) Looks in his eyes
2. Who notices Gilgamesh's beauty after he has cleaned himself?
3. What does Gilgamesh do when he arrives on Utnapishtim's shore?
(a) Ungirds his loins and takes off his clothes
(b) Constructs a statue
(c) Thanks the ferry man
(d) Pours out his wine in sacrifice
4. What other name does Enkidu call the courtesan?
(a) A prostitute
(c) A queen
5. What word does Gilgamesh use to refer to Enkidu's death in line 13 of Column 2?
6. Enlil decrees that which man shall die?
(b) The Shepherd
7. What does Gilgamesh have to do before they can start their journey?
(a) Perform a ritual sacrifice
(b) Give Urshanabi money
(c) Cut long poles from the forest
(d) Pray to Shamash
8. What is the name of the gardener with whom Ishtar falls in love?
9. When Enkidu curses the trapper, he wishes that his game will do what?
(a) Eat his family
(b) Kill him
(c) Escape him
(d) Turn against him
10. What does Gilgamesh see when he steps into the light?
(a) A beautiful garden
(c) The top of the mountain
(d) The underworld
11. Where is Gilgamesh speedily going?
12. How far down does the mountain reach?
(a) The bottom of the sea
(b) The top of the temple in Uruk
(c) The otherside of the world
(d) Into the Underworld
13. To whom does Gilgamesh tell Enkidu's dream?
(a) The shepherds
14. What does Enkidu throw at Ishtar?
(a) The bull's horns
(b) The bull's heart
(c) The bull's right thigh
(d) A spear
15. How many pits did Ishtar dig for the lion?
(b) Seven and yet seven
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the variegated roller yell?
2. Why does Gilgamesh tell the scorpion man he has come to Mashu?
3. What did Gilgamesh think would bring Enkidu back to life?
4. What does Enkidu do after talking with Shamash?
5. Irkalla is the queen of what?
This section contains 384 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)