|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which god does not want either man to die?
2. What is the name of the barmaid who dwells by the sea?
3. What does Gilgamesh see when he steps into the light?
(b) A beautiful garden
(c) The underworld
(d) The top of the mountain
4. What does Gilgamesh do when he arrives on Utnapishtim's shore?
(a) Thanks the ferry man
(b) Pours out his wine in sacrifice
(c) Ungirds his loins and takes off his clothes
(d) Constructs a statue
5. Which four gods argue over Gilgamesh and Enkidu?
(a) Ishtar, Anu, Anil, Shamash
(b) Ea, Anu, Enlil and Shamash
(c) Shamash, Anu, Eamon, Ninsun
(d) Ea, Shamash, Enlil, Ninsun
6. Irkalla is the queen of what?
(a) The heavens
(b) The forest
(c) The underworld
(d) The sea
7. On what side did Gilgamesh give Enkidu a seat?
(a) Behind him
(b) The left
(c) In front of him
(d) The right
8. What does Enkidu do after talking with Shamash?
(c) Curses Shamash
(d) Changes the courtesan's curse into a blessing
9. Why does Gilgamesh tell the scorpion man he has come to Mashu?
(a) To climb Mashu
(b) To seek his own death
(c) To swim impossible seas
(d) To speak of matters of life and death
10. Where is Gilgamesh speedily going?
11. What happens when Enkidu enters the underworld?
(a) He is placed in chains.
(b) He is told to return to Uruk.
(c) He is taken away.
(d) He is sent to heaven.
12. What does Urshanabi say will happen if the waters touch a man?
(a) He will sink to the bottom of the sea.
(b) He will grow old.
(c) He will die.
(d) He will become very ill.
13. What does Gilgamesh break when he meets Urshanabi?
(a) The dock
(b) The boat oars
(c) Stone items needed to cross the sea
(d) The boat
14. What is the chariot made of that Ishtar promises Gilgamesh?
(a) Copper and Lapis
(b) Iron Ore and Silver
(c) Lapis Lazuli and gold
(d) Silver and Gold
15. What are the names of the two kings Enkidu identifies in the underworld?
(a) Ninsun and Sumuqan
(b) Sumuqan and Thorazi
(c) Etana and Enlil
(d) Etana and Sumuqan
Short Answer Questions
1. Gilgamesh is now afraid of what?
2. Who dreams the night of the heroes feast?
3. How does Gilgamesh check to see if Enkidu is still alive?
4. How will Gilgamesh dress after Enkidu's burial?
5. To whom does Gilgamesh tell Enkidu's dream?
This section contains 421 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)