|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ishtar turn the gardener into?
(a) A thorn brush
(b) A tree
(c) A mole
(d) A rose bush
2. What did Ishtar turn the shepherd into?
(b) A sheep
(c) A tree
(d) A Wolf
3. What presumably is written on the scribes tablet in the underworld?
(a) Shamash's name
(b) Utnapishtim's name
(c) Gilgamesh's name
(d) Enkidu's name
4. How does Gilgamesh finally know that Enkidu is dead?
(a) Enkidu's body begins to rot away.
(b) The animals come to eat the dead meat.
(c) The priests take Enkidu's body away.
(d) Enkidu is dark and cannot hear Gilgamesh.
5. What is the name of the gardener with whom Ishtar falls in love?
6. Who is Utnapishtim?
(a) The Babylonian Noah
(b) The goddess of the sea
(c) The god of the moon
(d) The god of the underworld
7. What is made for Siduri?
(a) A golden crown
(b) A golden mashing vat
(c) A golden garment
(d) A golden statue
8. Gilgamesh calls Enkidu his friend and what?
(a) First Mate
(b) Younger brother
9. What did Gilgamesh think would bring Enkidu back to life?
(a) A sacrifice to the gods
(b) A journey to Utnapishtim
(c) His lamenting
(d) The great statue
10. Who does Siduri say is the only person able to cross the sea to Utnapishtim?
(b) The other gods
(c) No one
11. How does Gilgamesh cry?
(a) Like a thunder storm
(b) Like a dove
(c) Like a wailing woman
(d) Like soft rain cloud
12. On what side did Gilgamesh give Enkidu a seat?
(a) The left
(b) In front of him
(c) The right
(d) Behind him
13. How does Gilgamesh check to see if Enkidu is still alive?
(a) Looks in his eyes
(b) Feels for breath
(c) Touches his heart
(d) Checks his temperature
14. Who did Gilgamesh get to kiss Enkidu's feet?
(a) The princes of the earth
(d) The gods
15. What does Gilgamesh see when he steps into the light?
(a) A beautiful garden
(b) The underworld
(c) The top of the mountain
Short Answer Questions
1. Who arises to rob Gilgamesh in Line 7 of Column 2?
2. Who notices Gilgamesh's beauty after he has cleaned himself?
3. Enkidu curses three people/things as he lies dying. Who are they?
4. Enlil decrees that which man shall die?
5. What is the name of the mountain to where Gilgamesh travels?
This section contains 388 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)