|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Enkidu after the gods fight?
(a) He is killed by wolves.
(b) Ishtar murders him.
(c) Gilgamesh kills him.
(d) He falls ill.
2. Gilgamesh is now afraid of what?
(b) The forest
(c) Wild animals
(d) The desert
3. What does Ishtar say Gilgamesh's goats shall bear?
(a) Horns of gold
(c) Many offspring
4. What do Gilgamesh and Enkidu do after killing the bull of heaven?
(a) Cut out its heart
(b) Buried the carcass
(c) Cut off its head
(d) Threw the horns into the river
5. How does Gilgamesh cry?
(a) Like a dove
(b) Like a thunder storm
(c) Like a wailing woman
(d) Like soft rain cloud
6. How many poles does Gilgamesh use to push the boat across the sea?
(c) One hundred and twenty
7. What does Enkidu throw at Ishtar?
(a) The bull's horns
(b) The bull's right thigh
(c) A spear
(d) The bull's heart
8. Enlil decrees that which man shall die?
(d) The Shepherd
9. How many pits did Ishtar dig for the lion?
(c) Seven and yet seven
10. What does Gilgamesh break when he meets Urshanabi?
(a) Stone items needed to cross the sea
(b) The dock
(c) The boat
(d) The boat oars
11. Which four gods argue over Gilgamesh and Enkidu?
(a) Shamash, Anu, Eamon, Ninsun
(b) Ea, Shamash, Enlil, Ninsun
(c) Ea, Anu, Enlil and Shamash
(d) Ishtar, Anu, Anil, Shamash
12. When does Gilgamesh begin mourning for Enkidu?
(a) At sunset
(b) At morning's first glimmer
(c) At noon
(d) At midnight
13. What is Enkidu transformed into in order to journey to the underworld?
(a) A bear
(b) A dog
(c) A bird
(d) A wolf
14. What is the name of the gardener with whom Ishtar falls in love?
15. What does the old man tell Gilgamesh when he reaches the opposite shore?
(a) That Utnapishtim is not there
(b) That Gilgamesh is trapped in the underworld
(c) That Gilgamesh must die in order to bring Enkidu back to life
(d) That everyone dies
Short Answer Questions
1. Gilgamesh raises his voice like what animal crying for her young?
2. What does Enkidu do after talking with Shamash?
3. Gilgamesh refers to Enkidu as his friend and what?
4. Where will Gilgamesh live after Enkidu's burial?
5. Who is Utnapishtim?
This section contains 409 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)