|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Gilgamesh speedily going?
2. What does the mountain watch over?
(a) The tides of the sea
(b) The rising and setting of the sun
(c) The people of Uruk
(d) The rising and setting of the moon
3. Which four gods argue over Gilgamesh and Enkidu?
(a) Ishtar, Anu, Anil, Shamash
(b) Ea, Shamash, Enlil, Ninsun
(c) Ea, Anu, Enlil and Shamash
(d) Shamash, Anu, Eamon, Ninsun
4. Which god does not want either man to die?
5. What does Gilgamesh put over Enkidu when he is dead?
(a) A wolf pelt
(b) A royal cloak
(c) A veil like a bride
(d) Fir branches
6. What word does Gilgamesh use to refer to Enkidu's death in line 13 of Column 2?
7. How many pits did Ishtar dig for the lion?
(d) Seven and yet seven
8. What animal did Enkidu chase on the steppe?
(a) A wolf
(b) A panther
(c) A bear
(d) A fox
9. When Enkidu curses the trapper, he wishes that his game will do what?
(a) Kill him
(b) Eat his family
(c) Escape him
(d) Turn against him
10. What does Ishtar turn the gardener into?
(a) A rose bush
(b) A tree
(c) A thorn brush
(d) A mole
11. How does Gilgamesh finally know that Enkidu is dead?
(a) Enkidu's body begins to rot away.
(b) Enkidu is dark and cannot hear Gilgamesh.
(c) The priests take Enkidu's body away.
(d) The animals come to eat the dead meat.
12. Enlil decrees that which man shall die?
(a) The Shepherd
13. What does Gilgamesh break when he meets Urshanabi?
(a) The boat
(b) The dock
(c) Stone items needed to cross the sea
(d) The boat oars
14. What does Urshanabi say will happen if the waters touch a man?
(a) He will grow old.
(b) He will become very ill.
(c) He will die.
(d) He will sink to the bottom of the sea.
15. What does the bull of heaven do on his third snort?
(a) Kill five hundred men
(b) Attack Enkidu
(c) Attack Gilgamesh
(d) Kill Ishtar
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Siduri say is the only person able to cross the sea to Utnapishtim?
2. To whom does Gilgamesh tell Enkidu's dream?
3. Including animals, how many lovers does Gilgamesh say that Ishtar has had?
4. How many double hours does Gilgamesh travel before finding light?
5. Gilgamesh is now afraid of what?
This section contains 390 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)