|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Gilgamesh put over Enkidu when he is dead?
(a) A veil like a bride
(b) Fir branches
(c) A wolf pelt
(d) A royal cloak
2. What does Urshanabi say will happen if the waters touch a man?
(a) He will die.
(b) He will grow old.
(c) He will sink to the bottom of the sea.
(d) He will become very ill.
3. Irkalla is the queen of what?
(a) The underworld
(b) The heavens
(c) The forest
(d) The sea
4. What does Gilgamesh see when he steps into the light?
(a) The underworld
(c) A beautiful garden
(d) The top of the mountain
5. What does the bull of heaven do on his third snort?
(a) Attack Enkidu
(b) Kill Ishtar
(c) Kill five hundred men
(d) Attack Gilgamesh
6. Who notices Gilgamesh's beauty after he has cleaned himself?
7. What does the old man tell Gilgamesh when he reaches the opposite shore?
(a) That everyone dies
(b) That Utnapishtim is not there
(c) That Gilgamesh is trapped in the underworld
(d) That Gilgamesh must die in order to bring Enkidu back to life
8. To what does Gilgamesh compare Enkidu?
(b) Weapons that are always by his side
(c) A great bear
(d) One of the gods
9. How many poles does Gilgamesh use to push the boat across the sea?
(c) One hundred and twenty
10. What happens when Enkidu enters the underworld?
(a) He is told to return to Uruk.
(b) He is taken away.
(c) He is placed in chains.
(d) He is sent to heaven.
11. Enlil decrees that which man shall die?
(b) The Shepherd
12. Gilgamesh calls Enkidu his friend and what?
(a) First Mate
(d) Younger brother
13. Where will Gilgamesh live after Enkidu's burial?
(a) He will stay with the shepherds.
(b) He will roam the desert.
(c) He will live in the cedar forest.
(d) He will live in the temple.
14. What do Gilgamesh and Enkidu do after killing the bull of heaven?
(a) Cut out its heart
(b) Cut off its head
(c) Buried the carcass
(d) Threw the horns into the river
15. What word does Gilgamesh use to refer to Enkidu's death in line 13 of Column 2?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many pits did Ishtar dig for the lion?
2. Gilgamesh raises his voice like what animal crying for her young?
3. Gilgamesh is afraid he will die in what?
4. Who is Utnapishtim?
5. How far down does the mountain reach?
This section contains 434 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)