|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many goblets of strong drink does Enkidu drink after the courtesan teaches him to drink properly?
2. Gilgamesh is ____________, while Enkidu is _____________.
(a) humble, rash
(b) young, old
(c) A man, A woman
(d) rash, humble
3. Who does Gilgamesh ask to bring him a dream? Or another reference for Shamash?
4. What is another name for the cedar forest?
(a) The dwelling place of the gods
(b) The end of the world
(c) Utnapishtim's stronghold
(d) The home of Shamash
5. What do the axe and meteorite signify in relationship to Enkidu?
(a) They are weapons Enkidu will use to kill Gilgamesh
(b) They are weapons Gilgamesh will use to destroy Uruk
(c) They predict how he will die
(d) They are elements of the relationship between Enkidu and Gilgamesh
6. Where do Gilgamesh and Enkidu go to contemplate their course of action and interpret Gilgamesh's dreams?
(a) The temple
(b) The plain
(c) The river
(d) The forest
7. Gilgamesh asks Shamash to give Enkidu what?
(a) A wife
(b) A dream
(c) A kingdom of his own
(d) Victory over Humbaba
8. What does the courtesan use to clothe Enkidu?
(a) Leaves from the forest
(b) The skins of animals
(c) Half of her own garment
(d) One of the shepherds cloaks
9. Who pulls Gilgamesh from under the toppled mountain in his dream?
(b) A unique man
(d) A wolf
10. What other people try to discourage Gilgamesh from undertaking his voyage to engage Humbaba?
(a) The woman
(b) The shepherds
(c) The elders of Uruk
(d) His mother
11. How many hours do Gilgamesh and Enkidu walk in one day?
(a) Fifty double hours
(b) thirty double hours
(c) twenty-five double hours
(d) twenty double hours
12. What does Gilgamesh do before Shamash each time they stop?
(a) Drinks wine
(b) Digs a well
(c) Offers a sacrifice
(d) Kneels to pray five times
13. Who do the elders send to protect Gilgamesh?
(a) Enkidu and Gilgamesh's mother
(b) The Shepherds
(d) Twenty men from Uruk
14. Who intercedes to help Gilgamesh overcome Humbaba?
15. In Gilgamesh's second dream what does he see?
(a) A lion
(b) An axe
(c) A burning bush
(d) An angel
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Gilgamesh's mother pray to for protection for her son?
2. What does Humbaba do to make Gilgamesh afraid?
3. Gilgamesh's dreams are an example of what kind of narrative technique?
4. With whom does Enkidu live?
5. What type of drink is Enkidu used to drinking?
This section contains 426 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)