|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens when Gilgamesh and Enkidu fight?
(a) Enkdiu takes the new bride for himself.
(b) Gilgamesh kills Enkidu.
(c) They become friends because they are equals.
(d) Enkidu kills Gilgamesh.
2. What does Gilgamesh want to do in the Cedar Forest?
(a) Cut down all the trees
(b) Go hunting
(c) Learn to live with the animals like Enkidu
(d) To meet the shepherds
3. From where does Gilgamesh's mother say his companion will come?
(a) The river
(b) The sky
(c) The wilderness
(d) The gods
4. Where does Gilgamesh pour out his fine-meal?
(a) In the fire
(b) At the temple
(c) In the plain
(d) On the mountain
5. What type of drink is Enkidu used to drinking?
(a) The milk of wild animals
(b) Cow's milk
(c) The wine drunk in the city
(d) Water from a stream
6. Gilgamesh asks Shamash to give Enkidu what?
(a) A wife
(b) A dream
(c) A kingdom of his own
(d) Victory over Humbaba
7. The elders tell Gilgamesh that he is young and __________ has carried him away in proposing to battle Humbaba.
(a) Enkidu's friendship
(b) His heart
(c) His pride
(d) His fear
8. What does Humbaba do to make Gilgamesh afraid?
(b) Changes his face
(c) Spews fire
(d) Strikes him with a sword
9. How many winds come against Humbaba?
10. How many layers of armor does Humbaba usually wear?
11. Which god is said to have her throne in the Cedar Forest?
12. What falls to the earth in Gilgamesh's dream?
(a) The sun
(b) A child
(c) A meteorite
(d) The stars
13. Gilgamesh's dreams are a realization of his personal what?
(a) Hopes for the future
(b) knowledge given by the gods
(c) curse put on him by the woman
14. Who do the elders counsel Gilgamesh to let lead the way?
(a) The animals
(c) The gods
(d) The shepherds
15. How long are Enkidu and the woman together?
(a) One night
(b) An hour
(c) A week
(d) A fortnight
Short Answer Questions
1. With whom does Enkidu live?
2. What is another name for Humbaba?
3. Gilgamesh's dreams are an example of what kind of narrative technique?
4. Who helps Enkidu and Gilgamesh defeat Humbaba?
5. What two things does Enkidu do that make him like a man?
This section contains 406 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)