Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many days does the journey to the Cedar Forest take?
(a) One week
(b) Six days
(c) One month
(d) Six months
2. Who intercedes to help Gilgamesh overcome Humbaba?
3. Which god is said to have her throne in the Cedar Forest?
4. Who is Ninsun?
(a) Gilgamesh's mother
(b) Gilgamesh's wife
(c) Enkidu's wife
(d) Enkidu's mother
5. What does Enkidu forget when he is sitting before the courtesan?
(a) Where he was born
(b) Who his parents are
(c) His own name
(d) The courtesan's name
6. What do the people of Uruk say about Enkidu when they first see him?
(a) He is very hairy.
(b) He stronger than Gilgamesh.
(c) He is shorter than Gilgamesh.
(d) He is taller than Gilgamesh.
7. What does Enkidu have knowledge of after being with the woman?
(c) The world
(d) Good and Evil
8. How many layers of armor has Humbaba put on when Gilgamesh and Enkidu arrive at the gate to the forest?
9. What university in Pennsylvania owns a large portion of the Gilgamesh tablets?
(a) University of Philadelphia
(b) Penn State University
(c) Temple University
(d) University of Pennsylvania
10. What happens when Gilgamesh and Enkidu fight?
(a) Enkdiu takes the new bride for himself.
(b) They become friends because they are equals.
(c) Enkidu kills Gilgamesh.
(d) Gilgamesh kills Enkidu.
11. What other people try to discourage Gilgamesh from undertaking his voyage to engage Humbaba?
(a) The woman
(b) His mother
(c) The elders of Uruk
(d) The shepherds
12. Who do the elders counsel Gilgamesh to let lead the way?
(a) The animals
(b) The shepherds
(d) The gods
13. The tale of Gilgamesh is carved on what type of stone?
(b) Iron Ore
14. What does Gilgamesh say will happen if Humbaba kills him?
(a) Enkidu will have to kill Humbaba.
(b) The people of Uruk will hunt down the demon.
(c) Gilgamesh's name will live on forever.
(d) Gilgamesh will burn down the forest.
15. In Gilgamesh's second dream what does he see?
(a) An angel
(b) A burning bush
(c) An axe
(d) A lion
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Gilgamesh want to do in the Cedar Forest?
2. Where do Gilgamesh and Enkidu first meet?
3. What does the courtesan use to clothe Enkidu?
4. Gilgamesh is ____________, while Enkidu is _____________.
5. What do the axe and meteorite signify in relationship to Enkidu?
This section contains 452 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)