|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is stilled into silence when the men behold the forest?
(a) Their voices
(b) The sound of the gods
(c) The wind
(d) Humbaba's words
2. What happens to Enkidu's hand when he tries to open the gate?
(a) It turns to stone
(b) It is paralyzed
(c) It falls off
(d) It is badly burned
3. What happens to those who go to the cedar forest?
(a) Weakness overtakes them
(b) The gate burns them
(c) They are turned to stone
(d) Humbaba eats them
4. Who pulls Gilgamesh from under the toppled mountain in his dream?
(a) A unique man
(c) A wolf
5. Gilgamesh thinks he is entitled to do what with new brides?
(a) Toast at their wedding
(b) Spend the night with them
(c) Keep them as slaves
(d) Kiss them before the groom does
6. Which god is said to have her throne in the Cedar Forest?
7. To whom do the people of Uruk pray?
8. Gilgamesh's dreams are a realization of his personal what?
(a) knowledge given by the gods
(b) Hopes for the future
(d) curse put on him by the woman
9. Who do the elders counsel Gilgamesh to let lead the way?
(a) The animals
(b) The gods
(c) The shepherds
10. Who is Ninsun?
(a) Enkidu's wife
(b) Gilgamesh's mother
(c) Enkidu's mother
(d) Gilgamesh's wife
11. What falls to the earth in Gilgamesh's dream?
(a) A child
(b) The sun
(c) A meteorite
(d) The stars
12. Who appointed Humbaba protector of the forest?
13. At what time of night does Gilgamesh awaken Enkidu to tell him about his dream?
(b) 2 AM
(c) 1 AM
(d) 3 AM
14. How does Gilgamesh know something is wrong with Enkidu?
(a) Enkidu cries
(b) Gilgamesh sees Enkidu pounding a wall
(c) Enkidu tells Shamash
(d) Ninsun has a dream about Enkidu
15. What does Humbaba do to make Gilgamesh afraid?
(b) Changes his face
(c) Spews fire
(d) Strikes him with a sword
Short Answer Questions
1. How many days does the journey to the Cedar Forest take?
2. What happens when Gilgamesh and Enkidu fight?
3. Why do the gods create Enkidu?
4. What is the name of the god to whom Ninsun prays?
5. What does Gilgamesh do before Shamash each time they stop?
This section contains 401 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)