|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who pulls Gilgamesh from under the toppled mountain in his dream?
(a) A wolf
(b) A unique man
2. Where do Gilgamesh and Enkidu first meet?
(a) In the woods
(b) In the temple
(c) At the river
(d) At the marketplace
3. What do the people of Uruk say about Enkidu when they first see him?
(a) He stronger than Gilgamesh.
(b) He is taller than Gilgamesh.
(c) He is shorter than Gilgamesh.
(d) He is very hairy.
4. Who do the elders counsel Gilgamesh to let lead the way?
(a) The shepherds
(c) The gods
(d) The animals
5. Who intercedes to help Gilgamesh overcome Humbaba?
6. Where do Gilgamesh and Enkidu go to contemplate their course of action and interpret Gilgamesh's dreams?
(a) The river
(b) The temple
(c) The plain
(d) The forest
7. What does Gilgamesh say will happen if Humbaba kills him?
(a) Gilgamesh's name will live on forever.
(b) Enkidu will have to kill Humbaba.
(c) The people of Uruk will hunt down the demon.
(d) Gilgamesh will burn down the forest.
8. Humbaba promises to be Gilgamesh's what if left alive?
(c) Best Friend
9. How long are Enkidu and the woman together?
(a) An hour
(b) One night
(c) A week
(d) A fortnight
10. What is the name of the god to whom Ninsun prays?
11. How many days would it take a mortal man to travel as far as Gilgamesh and Enkidu cover in fifty double hours?
(a) Three weeks
(b) A week
(c) A month and fifteen days
(d) Twelve days
12. Where does Gilgamesh vow to throw Humbaba's body?
(a) In Ishtar's castle
(b) At the gods
(c) In the river
(d) On the plain
13. Line 42 at the end of Tablet 4 is called what kind of line?
(a) A imaginary line
(b) A final-line
(c) A culminating line
(d) A catch-line
14. What does Gilgamesh's mother tell him the two dreams mean?
(a) That a companion is coming to help Gilgamesh
(b) That his death is imminent
(c) That the city of Uruk will fall
(d) That he will have a son
15. What is the woman called who seduces Enkidu?
(a) The courtesan
(b) The courtier
(c) The harlot
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Gilgamesh pour out his fine-meal?
2. Who is Ninsun?
3. How many hours do Gilgamesh and Enkidu walk in one day?
4. What two things does Enkidu do that make him like a man?
5. What things do the shepherds teach Enkidu?
This section contains 458 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)