|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Enkidu forget when he is sitting before the courtesan?
(a) Who his parents are
(b) Where he was born
(c) The courtesan's name
(d) His own name
2. Who do the elders counsel Gilgamesh to let lead the way?
(a) The shepherds
(c) The gods
(d) The animals
3. Humbaba's mouth and breath are like what?
(a) Death and thunder
(b) A cave and hell
(c) Fire and Lightening
(d) Fire and death
4. What does Gilgamesh say will happen if Humbaba kills him?
(a) Gilgamesh's name will live on forever.
(b) Gilgamesh will burn down the forest.
(c) Enkidu will have to kill Humbaba.
(d) The people of Uruk will hunt down the demon.
5. Where does Gilgamesh see the ax in his dream?
(a) The wilderness
(b) His bedroom
(c) The temple
(d) The marketplace
6. Who intercedes to help Gilgamesh overcome Humbaba?
7. Where does Gilgamesh pour out his fine-meal?
(a) In the fire
(b) On the mountain
(c) In the plain
(d) At the temple
8. What do the people of Uruk say about Enkidu when they first see him?
(a) He is very hairy.
(b) He is shorter than Gilgamesh.
(c) He is taller than Gilgamesh.
(d) He stronger than Gilgamesh.
9. Who reminds Gilgamesh of his boast in Uruk?
10. Where do Gilgamesh and Enkidu go to contemplate their course of action and interpret Gilgamesh's dreams?
(a) The temple
(b) The forest
(c) The river
(d) The plain
11. This person is created to keep Gilgamesh occupied.
12. What do the eight winds do to Humbaba?
(a) Immobilize him
(b) Blow him into the sea
(c) Blow him to the underworld
(d) Blow down the trees on top of him
13. What do the people of Uruk do with the axe in Gilgamesh's dream?
(a) Bury it
(b) Throw it in the river
(c) Celebrate around it
(d) Use it to kill Gilgamesh
14. Who is Ninsun?
(a) Gilgamesh's wife
(b) Enkidu's wife
(c) Gilgamesh's mother
(d) Enkidu's mother
15. What does Humbaba do to make Gilgamesh afraid?
(a) Changes his face
(c) Strikes him with a sword
(d) Spews fire
Short Answer Questions
1. What is stilled into silence when the men behold the forest?
2. What other people try to discourage Gilgamesh from undertaking his voyage to engage Humbaba?
3. Gilgamesh thinks he is entitled to do what with new brides?
4. What does Gilgamesh's mother tell him the two dreams mean?
5. What is another name for Humbaba?
This section contains 438 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)