|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What will supposedly make Enkidu lose his power?
(a) Being seduced by a woman
(b) Drinking wine
(c) Having his hair cut
(d) Fighting a giant
2. Where does Gilgamesh pour out his fine-meal?
(a) In the plain
(b) In the fire
(c) At the temple
(d) On the mountain
3. What happens when Gilgamesh and Enkidu fight?
(a) They become friends because they are equals.
(b) Enkdiu takes the new bride for himself.
(c) Enkidu kills Gilgamesh.
(d) Gilgamesh kills Enkidu.
4. What does Enkidu do with the animals he finds in the woods?
(a) Captures them to sell in the city
(b) Teaches them to attack Gilgamesh
(c) Kills them for the fur
(d) Frees them from traps
5. How many dreams does Gilgamesh have on the journey to the forest?
(d) Three or Six
6. Who intercedes to help Gilgamesh overcome Humbaba?
7. How many layers of armor has Humbaba put on when Gilgamesh and Enkidu arrive at the gate to the forest?
8. What is the name of the city Gilgamesh builds?
9. How many winds come against Humbaba?
10. How many hours do Gilgamesh and Enkidu walk in one day?
(a) thirty double hours
(b) twenty double hours
(c) Fifty double hours
(d) twenty-five double hours
11. How many days does the journey to the Cedar Forest take?
(a) One month
(b) Six days
(c) One week
(d) Six months
12. Who do the elders send to protect Gilgamesh?
(a) Enkidu and Gilgamesh's mother
(c) Twenty men from Uruk
(d) The Shepherds
13. How does Gilgamesh know something is wrong with Enkidu?
(a) Ninsun has a dream about Enkidu
(b) Gilgamesh sees Enkidu pounding a wall
(c) Enkidu cries
(d) Enkidu tells Shamash
14. With whom does Enkidu live?
(a) A pack of wolves
(b) A group of shepherds
(c) The gods
(d) The woman
15. Where do Gilgamesh and Enkidu go to contemplate their course of action and interpret Gilgamesh's dreams?
(a) The forest
(b) The river
(c) The temple
(d) The plain
Short Answer Questions
1. At what time of night does Gilgamesh awaken Enkidu to tell him about his dream?
2. What is the name of the god to whom Ninsun prays?
3. By what phrase does Enkidu refer to Ninsun?
4. What does Enkidu tell Gilgamesh is guarding the Cedar Forest?
5. What things do the shepherds teach Enkidu?
This section contains 420 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)