|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who interprets Gilgamesh's dreams?
(d) The shepherds
2. What does Enkidu forget when he is sitting before the courtesan?
(a) Who his parents are
(b) The courtesan's name
(c) Where he was born
(d) His own name
3. How long are Enkidu and the woman together?
(a) An hour
(b) A fortnight
(c) A week
(d) One night
4. Who pulls Gilgamesh from under the toppled mountain in his dream?
(a) A wolf
(b) A unique man
5. Which god is said to have her throne in the Cedar Forest?
6. Who does Gilgamesh ask to bring him a dream? Or another reference for Shamash?
7. What happens to Enkidu's hand when he tries to open the gate?
(a) It falls off
(b) It is badly burned
(c) It turns to stone
(d) It is paralyzed
8. What does Enkidu do with the animals he finds in the woods?
(a) Frees them from traps
(b) Captures them to sell in the city
(c) Teaches them to attack Gilgamesh
(d) Kills them for the fur
9. What do the people of Uruk do with the axe in Gilgamesh's dream?
(a) Bury it
(b) Use it to kill Gilgamesh
(c) Throw it in the river
(d) Celebrate around it
10. Where do Gilgamesh and Enkidu go to contemplate their course of action and interpret Gilgamesh's dreams?
(a) The temple
(b) The forest
(c) The river
(d) The plain
11. Gilgamesh asks Shamash to give Enkidu what?
(a) A kingdom of his own
(b) A wife
(c) Victory over Humbaba
(d) A dream
12. To whom do the people of Uruk pray?
13. What does the courtesan use to clothe Enkidu?
(a) Leaves from the forest
(b) Half of her own garment
(c) The skins of animals
(d) One of the shepherds cloaks
14. Who helps Enkidu and Gilgamesh defeat Humbaba?
(a) The shepherds
(b) They do not defeat Humbaba.
(d) Animals in the forest
15. Who do the elders counsel Gilgamesh to let lead the way?
(b) The shepherds
(c) The gods
(d) The animals
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Enkidu react to Gilgamesh's dreams?
2. Gilgamesh is ____________, while Enkidu is _____________.
3. What do the eight winds do to Humbaba?
4. Gilgamesh thinks he is entitled to do what with new brides?
5. How far do Gilgamesh and Enkidu walk each day?
This section contains 430 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)