|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Tablet 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is a recension?
(a) A time of economic depression
(b) A revision of a text
(c) A period of extreme famine
(d) A time when water recedes after a flood
2. How far down does the mountain reach?
(a) Into the Underworld
(b) The otherside of the world
(c) The bottom of the sea
(d) The top of the temple in Uruk
3. Who reminds Gilgamesh of his boast in Uruk?
4. What does the courtesan use to clothe Enkidu?
(a) Half of her own garment
(b) One of the shepherds cloaks
(c) The skins of animals
(d) Leaves from the forest
5. What is the chariot made of that Ishtar promises Gilgamesh?
(a) Copper and Lapis
(b) Iron Ore and Silver
(c) Lapis Lazuli and gold
(d) Silver and Gold
Short Answer Questions
1. How many days does the journey to the Cedar Forest take?
2. How many days would it take a mortal man to travel as far as Gilgamesh and Enkidu cover in fifty double hours?
3. What presumably is written on the scribes tablet in the underworld?
4. Shamash does not understand Enkidu's curse against who/what?
5. How far does Enkidu say the cedar forest extends?
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)