|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Tablet 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Enkidu go to a celebration in Uruk?
(a) Because he wants to be part of the celebration
(b) To stop Gilgamesh from sleeping with a new bride
(c) To eat at the feast
(d) To dance with the woman
2. What does Gilgamesh want to do in the Cedar Forest?
(a) Learn to live with the animals like Enkidu
(b) Go hunting
(c) Cut down all the trees
(d) To meet the shepherds
3. What happens to those who go to the cedar forest?
(a) They are turned to stone
(b) Weakness overtakes them
(c) Humbaba eats them
(d) The gate burns them
4. The elders tell Gilgamesh that he is young and __________ has carried him away in proposing to battle Humbaba.
(a) Enkidu's friendship
(b) His fear
(c) His heart
(d) His pride
5. How many goblets of strong drink does Enkidu drink after the courtesan teaches him to drink properly?
Short Answer Questions
1. What two things does Enkidu do that make him like a man?
2. How many layers of armor has Humbaba put on when Gilgamesh and Enkidu arrive at the gate to the forest?
3. Who reminds Gilgamesh of his boast in Uruk?
4. Which god is said to have her throne in the Cedar Forest?
5. How does Enkidu feel about the journey into the forest?
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)