|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Tablet 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Gilgamesh's mother tell him the two dreams mean?
(a) That he will have a son
(b) That his death is imminent
(c) That the city of Uruk will fall
(d) That a companion is coming to help Gilgamesh
2. What university in Pennsylvania owns a large portion of the Gilgamesh tablets?
(a) Temple University
(b) Penn State University
(c) University of Philadelphia
(d) University of Pennsylvania
3. At what time of night does Gilgamesh awaken Enkidu to tell him about his dream?
(a) 2 AM
(b) 1 AM
(d) 3 AM
4. What happens when Gilgamesh and Enkidu fight?
(a) They become friends because they are equals.
(b) Gilgamesh kills Enkidu.
(c) Enkdiu takes the new bride for himself.
(d) Enkidu kills Gilgamesh.
5. What things do the shepherds teach Enkidu?
(a) To fight like a soldier
(b) To stalk and kill animals
(c) To tend sheep
(d) To eat, talk and behave as people in the city do
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Gilgamesh ask to bring him a dream? Or another reference for Shamash?
2. What is stilled into silence when the men behold the forest?
3. This person is created to keep Gilgamesh occupied.
4. What is the name of the god to whom Ninsun prays?
5. Who does Gilgamesh's mother pray to for protection for her son?
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)