|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Tablet 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Gilgamesh want to do in the Cedar Forest?
(a) Go hunting
(b) To meet the shepherds
(c) Cut down all the trees
(d) Learn to live with the animals like Enkidu
2. What does the courtesan use to clothe Enkidu?
(a) The skins of animals
(b) Leaves from the forest
(c) Half of her own garment
(d) One of the shepherds cloaks
3. Who pulls Gilgamesh from under the toppled mountain in his dream?
(b) A unique man
(d) A wolf
4. What does Gilgamesh's mother tell him the two dreams mean?
(a) That his death is imminent
(b) That the city of Uruk will fall
(c) That a companion is coming to help Gilgamesh
(d) That he will have a son
5. What things do the shepherds teach Enkidu?
(a) To tend sheep
(b) To stalk and kill animals
(c) To fight like a soldier
(d) To eat, talk and behave as people in the city do
Short Answer Questions
1. How long are Enkidu and the woman together?
2. Where does Gilgamesh pour out his fine-meal?
3. Where do Gilgamesh and Enkidu go to contemplate their course of action and interpret Gilgamesh's dreams?
4. To whom do the people of Uruk pray?
5. Humbaba promises to be Gilgamesh's what if left alive?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)