|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Tablet 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. By what phrase does Enkidu refer to Ninsun?
(a) goddess of the sky
(b) Queen of men
(c) Mighty princess
(d) Wild cow
2. What do the people of Uruk do with the axe in Gilgamesh's dream?
(a) Bury it
(b) Throw it in the river
(c) Celebrate around it
(d) Use it to kill Gilgamesh
3. Why do the gods create Enkidu?
(a) To spend time with the woman
(b) To balance Gilgamesh's weaknesses
(c) To rule Uruk
(d) To kill Gilgamesh
4. What other people try to discourage Gilgamesh from undertaking his voyage to engage Humbaba?
(a) The woman
(b) His mother
(c) The elders of Uruk
(d) The shepherds
5. What type of drink is Enkidu used to drinking?
(a) The milk of wild animals
(b) Water from a stream
(c) Cow's milk
(d) The wine drunk in the city
Short Answer Questions
1. How far does Enkidu say the cedar forest extends?
2. Why does Enkidu not like living in the city?
3. What happens when Gilgamesh and Enkidu fight?
4. What will supposedly make Enkidu lose his power?
5. What does Enkidu forget when he is sitting before the courtesan?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)